Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yet another bad customer service experience

Options
  • 12-06-2015 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭

after waiting for a long time, finally eFibre speed is apparently available in our area. I rang Eircom last Friday and they told me they will send someone this morning to install it.

at 1 pm today I rang Eircom and after a lot of to-ing and fro-ing (usual Eircom stuff really at this stage) I was told oh sorry there's a backlog and the engineer won't make it to you "this morning" - this was at 1pm!!!! I ask them whether they think they should have at least have the courtesy to ring me and they told they were planning to. Obviously I gave them an earful about the fact that when you want to "cancel" an "appointment" you ring beforehand, not afterwards. 

They have now rescheduled my appointment to next Wednesday.

I have been sitting at home all morning waiting for them. This has caused loss of income for me and I have to do the same on Wednesday. And have to wait another 5 days to get decent speed.

Is there anything that Eircom representative can do -aside from apologising- to fix this ridiculous level of service?

I can send you the details if you wish.

If this doesn't work by Wednesday, I will move my business elsewhere. I truly had enough of Eircom's utter incompetence.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

MuffinsDa wrote: »
    after waiting for a long time, finally eFibre speed is apparently available in our area. I rang Eircom last Friday and they told me they will send someone this morning to install it.

at 1 pm today I rang Eircom and after a lot of to-ing and fro-ing (usual Eircom stuff really at this stage) I was told oh sorry there's a backlog and the engineer won't make it to you "this morning" - this was at 1pm!!!! I ask them whether they think they should have at least have the courtesy to ring me and they told they were planning to. Obviously I gave them an earful about the fact that when you want to "cancel" an "appointment" you ring beforehand, not afterwards. 

They have now rescheduled my appointment to next Wednesday.

I have been sitting at home all morning waiting for them. This has caused loss of income for me and I have to do the same on Wednesday. And have to wait another 5 days to get decent speed.

Is there anything that Eircom representative can do -aside from apologising- to fix this ridiculous level of service?

I can send you the details if you wish.

If this doesn't work by Wednesday, I will move my business elsewhere. I truly had enough of Eircom's utter incompetence.
    Hi MuffinsDa

I'm genuinely sorry to hear this. If you would like to PM me the account and order number I will see if there's an earlier appointment available however in the event of a backlog of orders it will be quite unlikely - I'll try my best for you though.

Thanks
    Al

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Surely at this stage Eircom should have a procedure in place to ensure that customers who are going to be let down are informed accordingly?  Have Eircom no compensation procedures in place where Eircom fail to keep their appointments?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi MuffinsDa

Apologies for the delays with this, I'll get back to you as soon as I have an update from our efibre operations teams.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement