Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me find program that "disappeared" after install

Options
  • 12-06-2015 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

A few weeks ago my friend used my computer to save some videos from youtube. She told me afterwards she had downloaded "something" to increase the speed of the download but after she installed it,"it disappeared" and she didn't use it. There's no trace of it in my programs list, my add or unistall progs, no sign of it in google chrome extentions/addons.

Since then my computer is running much slower than usual. This seems to have been what was downloaded : http://en.savefrom.net/user.php?helper=chrome . There's no new button in chrome however on the youtube site to download videos and she said nothing happened after she had downloaded it.

So I'm confused. Is there anyway to find a disappeared program or addon or whatever it was and route it out if you can't find it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Open chrome, click the three horizontal lines in the top right corner. Go down to the More Tools button, and then Extensions. From there, you should be able to remove it. If not, run Malwarebytes and then CCleaner and see does it help it

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Fistycuffs

Open chrome, click the three horizontal lines in the top right corner. Go down to the More Tools button, and then Extensions. From there, you should be able to remove it. If not, run Malwarebytes and then CCleaner and see does it help it

Thank you for the reply. I've tried both of those and I haven't been able to find it. It's definitely not in my extensions folder and no sign in malwarebytes or the uninstall section of CC .

Does it show up as a process in Task Manager? Press Ctrl Shift and ESC to open it. It'll be a little daunting to look at but you should be able to guess the majority from their description.

Trying another antivirus might bring up something either

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Fistycuffs

Does it show up as a process in Task Manager? Press Ctrl Shift and ESC to open it. It'll be a little daunting to look at but you should be able to guess the majority from their description.

Trying another antivirus might bring up something either

Nothing in processes either,or nothing out of the 95 processes running that I recognise as it.
    I'll try another anti v though! Thanks.

Adwcleaner is fairly good for finding PUPs

• Advertisement
Advertisement