Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation with easy Transport to Croke Park?

Options
  • 12-06-2015 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi guys, I am going to the Script gig at Croke Park next weekend and I am thinking about making a weekend of it with some other family members who are not going to the gig. The hotels and self-catering prices around central Dublin would work out too expensive, so I was wondering if anyone could recommend any areas on the outskirts of Dublin, or even a bit further afield, that would have lower accommodation prices but would also have public transport links to Croke Park (particularly for getting back after the gig)? I know some coach companies do concert transfer services which might be an option. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭cson

Try Maynooth; nice town and direct connection into Drumcondra Station for the gig - good frequencies too.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

cson wrote: »
    Try Maynooth; nice town and direct connection into Drumcondra Station for the gig - good frequencies too.
    If going to Maynooth, please keep in mind to get the 66 bus, or 67N Nightlink - the 66N stops at Leixlip. Have seen people caught by this.

Maynooth is a decent enough nightlife at the weekend, with a varied selection of pubs. Perhaps throw rough age group of other family members, and see what people suggest?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Jenmckm

Hi, thanks for replies. I'm going to have a look at Maynooth accommodation options now. There would be children with us though, so if it is very busy at weekends it may not be ideal. Would be interested to hear any other suggestions. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Maynooth Playground;
    maynooth%20playground%20011.jpg

If it's raining, and you have a car, goto http://www.basecelbridge.ie - it's a 5-10 minute drive. If you don't have a car, you can get there from Maynooth using the 67 bus.

I have gone there with work to play laser-tag and bowling. The bowling is more suited for kids, as the lanes aren't full length. They can also disable the "ditches" at either side of the lane for the kids (and people from work who are hopeless at bowling :P ). They serve alcohol, although I just got slushies (was driving).

Again, if you have a car, and it's nice out, the Kildare maze is about 20-25 minutes down the road. Have never been there, but they claim to have crazy golf there.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Jenmckm

Thanks for those suggestions for the kids. They're at just the right age for the playground and the maze. I've had no luck so far finding accommodation for us all for next weekend that would be within our price range (shouldn't have left it to the last minute I suppose!).

If all else fails, I think I'll arrange another weekend for them around that area - there seems to be plenty for them to do.

• Advertisement
Advertisement