Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Croft" development at Loughlinstown

Options
  • 12-06-2015 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

I am interested in a new development called The Croft on Parc Na Silla Avenue which is being marketed by Savills. I'm not from the area and would appreciate any advice.

I've read a few reports that Loughlinstown itself is a bit rough, but I have no idea if this is true!

The development seems to be about a 20 min walk from either Shankhill dart or Cherrywood luas so fairly well connected to the city, but does anyone know if there are local amenities within walking distance such as schools, shops, parks etc? I have children and don't want to have to drive every time they want to leave the house.

My ideal location would be Stepaside, could anyone advise how this would compare?

Thank you everyone in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

It's not rough at all. 'Roughest' part of Loughlinstown is buffered from your location by the N/M11 and a pitch and putt course and woodland, but the trouble there is mainly antisocial activity from kids. Nearest amenities are also in Shankill village, so 20 minute walk. Primary schools are in Shankill too, but your side, so no more than a 15 minute walk (Rathmichael primary - very pretty CofI school, and a further minute away; St. Annes RC), Library is nearby too. Nearest secondary would be St. Lawrence College in Louglinstown. Tesco in Ballybrack would be the nearest supermarket. Parks are in short supply, but you'll be on the edge of nice countryside/forests/hills. There's parks in Shankill (leading down to the beach), and Cabinteely. Hospital is very convenient!

Main criticism you would have of the development's location is that it's a bit isolated from everything by the busy roads adjacent to it. It's a bit of a 'flyover' location.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

alastair wrote: »
    It's not rough at all. 'Roughest' part of Loughlinstown is buffered from your location by the N/M11 and a pitch and putt course and woodland, but the trouble there is mainly antisocial activity from kids. Nearest amenities are also in Shankill village, so 20 minute walk. Primary schools are in Shankill too, but your side, so no more than a 15 minute walk (Rathmichael primary - very pretty CofI school, and a further minute away; St. Annes RC), Library is nearby too. Nearest secondary would be St. Lawrence College in Louglinstown. Tesco in Ballybrack would be the nearest supermarket. Parks are in short supply, but you'll be on the edge of nice countryside/forests/hills. There's parks in Shankill (leading down to the beach), and Cabinteely. Hospital is very convenient!

Main criticism you would have of the development's location is that it's a bit isolated from everything by the busy roads adjacent to it. It's a bit of a 'flyover' location.

Everything he said. The only issue with the area is the lack of immediate amenities. The nearest shop is a 15 minute walk away, across one of the busiest junctions in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lou9047

Thanks a million for your help, this has been really helpful.

Advertisement