Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where do you have your savings?

• 12-06-2015 4:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Well folks, to quote Futurama,"a bank is a place where people put money that isn't properly invested"

Where are your savings? Are you diversified? Have you the right risk balance?

I normally strive to have about 25% of my saving risk free, 35% low risk, 20% medium risk and 20% high(ish) risk.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Underpants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Matress

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Slideways

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Well folks, to quote Futurama,"a bank is a place where people put money that isn't properly invested"

Where are your savings? Are you diversified? Have you the right risk balance?

I normally strive to have about 25% of my saving risk free, 35% low risk, 20% medium risk and 20% high(ish) risk.
    This year, I invested in pumpkins. They've been going up the whole month of October and I got a feeling they're going to peak right around January. Then, bang! That's when I'll cash in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

None of your fookin business OP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

WTF are savings?
    No recession in your world!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭LadyFenghuang

In the secret place.

My savings are in a cash box which is buried under a large oak tree at the north corner of the big field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Panama. Good interest rates as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

My life savings of circa €200 are currently residing in my wallet. They will be perfectly safe there until tomorrow when I do the weeks shopping for the 4 of us (my family not the band) and put diesel in car for the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

In Kovus underpants.

• Advertisement

All in deposit or savings accounts.

Sly 'I have more than one account' post.

Chucken wrote: »
    In Kovus underpants.

Room for one more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

Under the in-laws mattress just in case you try to murder me for my money. Murder them instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

In uncle Dinys underpants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Chucken wrote: »
    In Kovus underpants.
    Room for one more?

will ye hang on 'til I fix me knickers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Slideways wrote: »
    This year, I invested in pumpkins. They've been going up the whole month of October and I got a feeling they're going to peak right around January. Then, bang! That's when I'll cash in.

You fool, Turkeys are where it's really at, they have been going up every winter, I can't wait for January!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

I've invested the majority of my savings in blue-chip shares. Steady, if modest growth pattern. I've some money wrapped up in a Fidelity Emerging Markets fund that is really doing rather well. I also make some small punts on emerging clean technology companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭IrishCule

Nice try Mr. Taxman...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Tulip futures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭The_Mask

Bank of Malta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

I've invested the majority of my savings in blue-chip shares. Steady, if modest growth pattern. I've some money wrapped up in a Fidelity Emerging Markets fund that is really doing rather well. I also make some small punts on emerging clean technology companies.

Do you use a broker or what?

I aim to spend my monthly salary within the month. Usually come in 10 days ahead of target:cool:

No savings, wedded to my overdraft, and I borrow for holidays and parties. With such a reckless attitude, it's no wonder I work for a bank. :pac:

(actually, I think saving a fairly modest salary during your 20s is unwise)

I am a 20% shareholder in a new growth area enterprise on a tax free Iberian island.

http://cannapharmacia.es/LZN/

• Site Banned Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Youngblood.III

I keep my vast wealth of 2c and 5c in a jar..I'm going to retire when I'm only 104yrs old..lucky me eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

Saipanne wrote: »
    Do you use a broker or what?

I work in Finance here in Frankfurt. There's 63 floors of brokers, traders, fund managers and investment bankers in the building I work in. And two floors of IT staff in the basement (I kid you not).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

The_Mask wrote: »
    Bank of Malta

I'm on to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Depends on when you bought them, bit of blip in H1 this year. But decent enough overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

I work in Finance here in Frankfurt. There's 63 floors of brokers, traders, fund managers and investment bankers in the building I work in. And two floors of IT staff in the basement (I kid you not).

Well Holy God :eek:

• Advertisement

Christ, i just bought into a fidelity fund too.
    Maybe I'll be like aongus when i grow up
    Ha ha

bluewolf wrote: »
    Christ, i just bought into a fidelity fund too.
    Maybe I'll be like aongus when i grow up
    Ha ha

He is quite special. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Bubbaclaus wrote: »

That's nice ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭The_Mask

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    I am a 20% shareholder in a new growth area enterprise on a tax free Iberian island.

http://cannapharmacia.es/LZN/

I want in

The_Mask wrote: »
    I want in
    Not a problem...

All you need is an NIE, Número de Identificación de Extranjero & a Tarjeta de Residencia.

These make you a legal resident in Spain (I already own property on the island for the last 20 years) & are necessary for many transactions.

Then you need to show me the €'s...let's negotiate ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

My savings are invested among a number of enterprises in southern Nevada.

• Advertisement

I keep most of it in the Altarian Dollar and a little in the flanalian Pebble bead. My counsel of advisers is trying to convince to buy some Ningi.

Shows what they know!

Still the only anonymous place on the internet where begrudery reins so supreme that people can't discuss saving money while not even giving numbers.

Still the only anonymous place on the internet where begrudery reins so supreme that people can't discuss saving money while not even giving numbers.

You keep it all in one basket? :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

Tread moved to Askaboutthemoney.com

In my current account as interest is crap in saving account. I am hoping inflation stays at 0% until I spend it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭agent graves

if the fridge,, disguised as meat

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Coins go in the loose change jar, notes go down me bra. People think I've got big boobs, it's actually just all my monies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Bank for now.

Going through it like a mad thing doing up the new house.

"I don't like that, ima rip that **** out and replace completely"

Whats left is being split equally between a new car, early repayment on the mortgage, top-up on my pension.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

In imagination land

gar32 wrote: »
    Tread moved to Askaboutthemoney.com

In my current account as interest is crap in saving account. I am hoping inflation stays at 0% until I spend it :)

nationwide are doing 5% regular savings fixed term for 15 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

In a Spanish bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭dashdoll

Hanging in my wardrobe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭animaal

I give most of my savings to the taxman. He's holding onto it for me, so I'll have an income far in the future when I retire, and in the mean time, provision of good local services and good medical care if I get sick.

Is that sniggering I hear back there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Sly 'I have more than one account' post.

Hold on a second. How did mystic lady fenghuang quote Randy Damaged Month in post 12 when the latter only posted the original in post 14, made 1 minute later?
    Looks like a glitch in the matrix... there is no savings!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

What's this "savings" thing you're all talking about? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭hairyslug

I put it all in Greek banks, it's an excuse for a holiday every time I need to withdraw any cash

• Advertisement
Advertisement