Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom router/modem are any configurations disabled?

Options
  • 12-06-2015 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I would like to know if Eircom have disabled any features on new modem/routers for new customers or existing customers? I will need to know if bridge mode is possible, before I get into a contract. thanks. I don't need technical help, only need to know if any options/features have been disabled on Eircom routers? Another provider has disabled, bridge mode and port forwarding and other functions that basically make their modem/router as useful as an underwater hairdryer. Can't change to another modem either because they have disabled that too. I want to change provider but need to know that you don't butcher your modems first. thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

irisiobhan wrote: »
    I would like to know if Eircom have disabled any features on new modem/routers for new customers of existing customers? I will need to know if bridge mode is possible, before I get into a contract. thanks.
    Hi irisiobhan

Bridge mode is not supported by eircom and unfortunately we will be unable to assist with modem bridging - however this is of course something you can explore at your own leisure as many other customers have in the past :)

Please follow here http://bit.ly/VkVqII for previous posts on our community for advice in relation to bridging - there's also a wealth of information which can be found through conversations here on boards.ie - especially the broadband section. Also, if you require a user manual for a modem provided by eircom I can email one.

Cheers for posting

Al

Advertisement