Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Cul Camp or FAI Soccer Camp? which is better

Options
  • 12-06-2015 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭

I am looking for any first hand experience on the Cul camps or FAI camps from parents who have sent their kids.
    I have 2 boys age 7 & 8, (8y.o. has Down Syndrome)
    My thinking is the GAA might be better for the social side of it as its run in my home town but would need to travel about 8 miles to FAI camp.
    Has anyone sent their kids to both & can recommend one over the other?
    I'm out of work at the moment so can't afford to send them to both.
    The FAI will provide one to one coaching if required so thats a big plus there, but does anyone have experience sending a child with special needs to the GAA camp?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

My lads did both and other camps when they were younger and liked them. I think the Cul camps are brilliant value as they get a great kit which must cost more than the fee. I think most summer camps cater for children with special needs, I've a vague memory of seeing special needs request section on the Cul camp's application forms.

Advertisement