Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mismatched Version???

Options
  • 12-06-2015 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭

I bought my son the new Lego Jurassic World game today for his Xbox360 but after installing the game a message appeared saying "Mismatched Version: This Game Has Been Updated To A Mismatched Version" .......... anybody have any idea what this means and how I can fix the problem?

My son is having a meltdown here, please help!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

From looking around, it seems to be a common enough problem actually. No real solution either yet, sorry to say.

Did you buy it on disk or digitally?

There are a few things that you can try, but there's no guarantee that it'll work.

First is to clear the cache:
    • Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
    • Select Storage or Memory.
    • Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)
    • Select Clear System Cache.
    • When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.

Try playing again.

If it didn't work, clear the cache again, and also delete all of the game files on the hard drive. If you've got the disk, then install the game again, but with the internet disconnected, as it might be an update that's causing the problem.

Microsoft will usually sort this out on their end in a day or two anyway, but that's probably no consolation to a little kid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

CatInABox wrote: »
    From looking around, it seems to be a common enough problem actually. No real solution either yet, sorry to say.

Did you buy it on disk or digitally?

There are a few things that you can try, but there's no guarantee that it'll work.

First is to clear the cache:
    • Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
    • Select Storage or Memory.
    • Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)
    • Select Clear System Cache.
    • When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.

Try playing again.

If it didn't work, clear the cache again, and also delete all of the game files on the hard drive. If you've got the disk, then install the game again, but with the internet disconnected, as it might be an update that's causing the problem.

Microsoft will usually sort this out on their end in a day or two anyway, but that's probably no consolation to a little kid!

It's on a disc ......... I'll try that and report back, thanks a million!

So it's not a fault with the game itself then? Was going to return it for a new one in the morning??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

MadDog76 wrote: »
    It's on a disc ......... I'll try that and report back, thanks a million!

So it's not a fault with the game itself then? Was going to return it for a new one in the morning??

Really don't think so, sounds like there's an update gone out with the wrong settings or something along those lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Thanks a million CatInABox, that worked a treat! :)

You made a little boy very happy ......... my son was delighted too ;)

Advertisement