Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving gas

Options
  • 12-06-2015 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

I have a gas account with another gas company and I would like to move it to Electric Ireland. I already have electricity with EI.

Unfortunately the previous house owner had a pay as you go meter. I would like to have a bill one. Do I need to pay the 200 euro fee for changing meter when moving to EI?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi pasquale,

Thank you for your message and for your interest in switching to Electric Ireland for your gas.

Unfortunately, there would be a fee to change the meter from Pay As You Go to bill pay. The reason for this is that the meter needs to be removed and replaced by a brand new meter. As this requires a site visit from Gas Networks Ireland, there is a charge of €199.13. This does not need to be paid before the appointment and will appear on your first bill.

Do you own this property or are you renting? In order to request a meter exchange, we would also require the consent of the property owner . There would be a charge to revert back to Pay As You Go gas at a later date if you wished. This would be €110.69.

If you have any other questions, please ask.

Regards,
    Aoife

Advertisement