Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Music-All information provided here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

This post has been deleted.

Just tried with the iPhone, works fine, it's the Mac it's not working from alright. Odd feature difference.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

One Spotify feature I'm really missing: the built-in remote. I could AirPlay but I find the iPad Music app too unstable. And when it inevitably crashes it takes my Up Next queue with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

One question I have is when you are listening to tracks in my music, do they shuffle between what is already in your phone and streaming?

Best to know so I don't destroy my data allowance.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

gimmick wrote: »
    One question I have is when you are listening to tracks in my music, do they shuffle between what is already in your phone and streaming?

Best to know so I don't destroy my data allowance.

Yes. I don't think there's an option to disable cellular streaming yet, so just make sure to stick to playlists that have been downloaded for offline listening.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Gotta say it's taking quite a long time for my library to upload- but that's fair, I'd say there's some amount of people trying to do the same right now!

One thing I can't seem to see is whether any changes I make to my itunes playlists via my laptop will be reflected in what I get on my phone via apple music. I really hope so. I need to refine them again but don't want to have to go around manually deleting stuff via the app.

• Advertisement

One thing I can't seem to see is whether any changes I make to my itunes playlists via my laptop will be reflected in what I get on my phone via apple music. I really hope so. I need to refine them again but don't want to have to go around manually deleting stuff via the app.

In theory, yes, everything will sync. But it’s finicky at the moment. Even adding songs to playlists on the same device sometimes doesn’t work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Yes. I don't think there's an option to disable cellular streaming yet, so just make sure to stick to playlists that have been downloaded for offline listening.

There is but its not ideal,

goto: - settings - itunes & appstore - disable 'use mobile data'

Problem is that this option also disables cellular data for updates and automatic downloads. They're all treated as one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Keeps being unresponsive and crashing on my iPad Air 2.

Not impressed so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Beat 1 probably the best thing of the lot. Even if I'm not a subscriber I can see myself listening to it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Maybe somebody with iTunes Match who hasn't signed up to Apple Music yet can confirm if they have access to iTunes Radio?

I haven't signed up to Apple Music but am using iTunes Match. I can listen to some of the radio stations (worldwide, bbc world service) but most of them tell me 'Unable to start station'.

A new problem I'm having since the update is lots of my music through iTunes Match is disorganised & messed up. Was surprised to find I now had 4 MGMT albums, including their gangsta-rap classic "Tha Doggfather", lots of album art messed up, some albums I bought from iTunes are filed correctly but have 'unknown artist' on them & all music/songs on compilations or anything by Various Artists are all over the place. Not happy if I'm going to have to go through it all & reorganise it manually.

• Advertisement

iTunes Match has been disorganised like that for a couple of weeks. I was under the impression 8.4 fixed it but maybe not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Very disappointed so far. Navigation seems confusing. Also seems like allot of content is missing.

Was looking forward to listening to Pulps early stuff remastered. It's there on the iTunes store but not there in Apple Music !?

Some of the indie labels haven’t signed up yet. If it’s on Spotify it’ll probably turn up eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

Didnt really pay much attention when this was announced, havnt used spotify or anything before. Was curious yesterday so jumped on board and have to say im loving it!!!
    Before this was using just my own playlists from itunes (mostly imported cds) and itube til it stopped working but easily got fed up listening to the same stuff over and over. As a music fan clearly I was missing out :)
    Will most likely keep it after the trial period - no more buying songs on itunes and getting fed up with them after a few too many times listening to them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Wasn't expecting much from this and was happy enough with Deezer and Spotify but thought I'd dive in anyway. Have to say I'm very impressed. Impressed enough to forgive the iTunes cloud mis-matches, for now at least. I can see myself paying for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Quite like it so far except for one gripe, if there is a song playing by maybe an artist Im not familiar with its not easy to click into that artist to see their other songs/albums etc, unless Im missing something very obvious. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Using it again now and it just seems to good to be true. I assume that if you don't use it past the free trial and have songs made available offline that does songs will vanish from your library ? I

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

siri is the killer feature though. I played some Hungarian folk today. 'Twas good.

The curated lists are excellent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Clem H Fandango

Quite like it so far except for one gripe, if there is a song playing by maybe an artist Im not familiar with its not easy to click into that artist to see their other songs/albums etc, unless Im missing something very obvious. :confused:

On the now playing screen (with the giant artwork), press the 3 dots in the bottom right corner, above Start station is the name of the song and artist. Thats actually a button even though it looks like its just a header. Pressing it gives the artist page with more songs and albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

On the now playing screen (with the giant artwork), press the 3 dots in the bottom right corner, above Start station is the name of the song and artist. Thats actually a button even though it looks like its just a header. Pressing it gives the artist page with more songs and albums.
    Excellent, thanks. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭nokia211

As the person who started this thread I really don't appreciate people saying so much for this fella with his two weeks etc. That's what I was told my apple and I was just given people the information as at that time there was nothing, it didn't even show music on the Irish site.
    Of course I am delighted that it was released yesterday but please stop with that nonsense.

nokia211 wrote: »
    As the person who started this thread I really don't appreciate people saying so much for this fella with his two weeks etc. That's what I was told my apple and I was just given people the information as at that time there was nothing, it didn't even show music on the Irish site.
    Of course I am delighted that it was released yesterday but please stop with that nonsense.

To your credit you started a good thread.

I am amazed how good the For You options are after just by day.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭nokia211

To your credit you started a good thread.

Thank you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

So is there anyway to do this with iTunes? I can't see anyway to access the playlists of previously played songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Well that was me who said that and I think you are taking it far too personal.

No doubt you meant well but even reading your post again it does come across that you felt you had inside knowledge and you state categorically that it will be 2 weeks after launch.

My feeling at the time that e-mailing some customer service front liner does not mean they know anything as information like that would not be shared with them immediately. Somewhat like when you hear posters saying that they spoke to Vodafone about the release of the next iPhone.

Anyhow the app is up and running for us all now, so happy days and I do agree you started a very good and useful thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

Using it since launch. It's bloody amazing!!!! Cancelled my spotify and deleted it today. This App is flipping amazing. I was able to share play lists with my friend earlier on and when I add stuff to it theirs gets updated too. Tis awesome. Love everything about Apple music I've found so much new music.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Opted to merge my music library with Apple's, big mistake. Some of my songs have been replaced with the wrong songs (live versions). And instead of one artwork for a compilation album, there's 20 different ones for each song! I didn't spend the last 15 years creating this library just for Apple to fúck it up for me. Apple music not designed for the OCD people like me. Hopefully there's a way to reverse it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

God you're like an old dog with a bone. You were told something and it was wrong, get over it.
    It happens a lot of the time and so what if someone believes what you say or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭higster

Lads

Anyone know if it (or will it) work with sonos? Can't find it on sonos app...

Advertisement