Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Music-All information provided here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Do you still have your original library stored on your Mac, Zapp? Or was it just in the cloud?

Was always stored on my Mac, but it's completely FUBAR'd now. Currently in the process of using Senuti to take it all from my phone. Apple support were hopeless in trying to help me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Was always stored on my Mac, but it's completely FUBAR'd now. Currently in the process of using Senuti to take it all from my phone. Apple support were hopeless in trying to help me.

Duplicates or just messed up metadata?

Duplicates or just messed up metadata?

Metadata. For example when I chose Fleetwood Mac's "Don't Stop" I got an In Flames song. But the Get info pane showed all the correct info.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Metadata. For example when I chose Fleetwood Mac's "Don't Stop" I got an In Flames song. But the Get info pane showed all the correct info.

You sure it's not just a corrupt database? If so you could probably just import all your files into a new library.

You'd have to open some of the files that are displaying incorrectly in another app to check if the metadata is correct.

Were you an existing iTunes Match subscriber before Apple Music?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I subscribed to iTunes Match before Apple Music, and now it's here I don't have much trouble with metadata going missing. Some album artwork has gone missing on the way to the cloud, but it looks fine on my Mac. Not terribly concerned.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I’ve had a few issues with artwork as well, but nothing major. I’ve been an iTunes Match subscriber since it was launched and have certainly had issues with it over the years, but thankfully never lost any data.

From what I can gather, all these iCloud Music Library problems with duplications and lost metadata seem to have happened to people with lapsed iTunes Match subscriptions. Seems Apple retained some of their library data on their servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Settings > Music > enable Show Apple Music.

Yes, that was already done. Seems to be a default setting,

Edit: Problem solved: closed app: restarted and hey presto "For You" was there.

Thanks to everybody for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Just to be sure, is there no way to add streaming songs to my music without replacing all your local files with streaming versions? That's what it seems like to me

I'm not 100% sure but I'm pretty sure if you have a local version it'll play the local version. If you delete the local version you'll get the streaming version.

You sure it's not just a corrupt database? If so you could probably just import all your files into a new library.

You'd have to open some of the files that are displaying incorrectly in another app to check if the metadata is correct.

Were you an existing iTunes Match subscriber before Apple Music?

Yeah was a Match subscriber few years back.

All sorted now, Senuti to the rescue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

ShaneU wrote: »
    Just to be sure, is there no way to add streaming songs to my music without replacing all your local files with streaming versions? That's what it seems like to me

My music will show your local library and any music you have added to it from Apple Music. All your own music is still there and streaming from your own files.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Using the app on iPad a good bit last night and today.

I find it crashes an awful lot. Especially if browsing while listening to a song and trying to add to "up next".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

I set this up on my iPhone, is there anyway I can sign into this music account on our iPad which has a different iCloud account . I don't want a family account but a way to sign into my account on the iPad. Thanks.

podge018 wrote: »
    I set this up on my iPhone, is there anyway I can sign into this music account on our iPad which has a different iCloud account . I don't want a family account but a way to sign into my account on the iPad. Thanks.

Yeah go to iTunes and App Store settings on your iPad and sign in using the same ID as your phone. You can use different IDs for iTunes and iCloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

Brilliant, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 n.lane

Can anyone explain this?

One Maximo Park track, "Wraithlike", will not play when added to a playlist. When I right click the song and "go to album" it also appears greyed out. But when I go to the album by searching on Apple Music, there it is! Why will it not play when I add it to a playlist?? It won't play on my iPhone or iPad either.

I’ve had a few issues with added songs randomly greying out and refusing to play. Deleting them and re-adding them usually fixes it. Though I found I sometimes had to do it all on all devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

I found that turning cellular data on also helped play the songs, hopefully apple fixes all these bugs soon!

Had an absolute nightmare first night with itunes, finally cleared everything out and carefully adding music to itunes that is not available on apple music, uploads perfectly to the cloud now so i really am liking apple music, will definitely be keeping it! I like having my own music in same list as streaming artists.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,474 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Could somebody give me a quick run-through of what signing up for the family plan actually involves?

I was thinking that I would register and sign up my siblings when they get round to it but it seems you have to have register everyone with family sharing first.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Expected Pharrell William's albums to be on there considering they're playing his new song every hour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Is there anyway in iTunes to go to an artist and then play all their top songs? :confused: Seems crazy if you cant.

Is there anyway in iTunes to go to an artist and then play all their top songs? :confused: Seems crazy if you cant.

You can in iOS by tapping into Top Songs, but it doesn’t appear to work in iTunes whose Up Next functionality is mostly broken in v12.2. A lot this stuff was obviously rushed and should get better over the next few weeks and months.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭nokia211

Hoping iOS 9 beta 3 will be released today.
    I want to get apple music on my iPad air 2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

I’ve had a few issues with added songs randomly greying out and refusing to play. Deleting them and re-adding them usually fixes it. Though I found I sometimes had to do it all on all devices.

Same here. And often when I add songs from an album to a playlist on my iphone, not only are some of the songs greyed out when I go to play them, but on iTunes on my iMac some songs are actually missing from the playlist. Re-adding them usually works but last night I spent ages doing this. This is all done through the iCloud and hopefully these bugs will be sorted soon.

I noticed last night on Beats that they had a 2 hour request show and were reading peoples requests. What site do you go to, to request a song because I don't see it built into the music app.

Flaccus wrote: »
    I noticed last night on Beats that they had a 2 hour request show and were reading peoples requests. What site do you go to, to request a song because I don't see it built into the music app.

Call them for free:

http://applemusic.tumblr.com/requests

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Request shows? That's hardly groundbreaking radio. Does Larry Gogan present it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Request shows? That's hardly groundbreaking radio. Does Larry Gogan present it?

So are you gonna comment on 99% of radio stations around the world that engages with their listeners or was it just a pop at Apple?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Zhane wrote: »
    So are you gonna comment on 99% of radio stations around the world that engages with their listeners or was it just a pop at Apple?

Jaysus relax. I was only joking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

One slight problem I have with the apple music service is that it tends not to work, crashes a lot, streams very poorly over high speed internet and is generally unreliable. Other than that it's fine.

Advertisement