Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Music-All information provided here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,474 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

who_ru wrote: »
    One slight problem I have with the apple music service is that it tends not to work, crashes a lot, streams very poorly over high speed internet and is generally unreliable. Other than that it's fine.

Who'd have thought Daniel Ek was a boardsie?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

This might be an impossible ask but does anyone know if there's a way to listen to Apple Music on a different PC than the one housing your music collection? When I open up iTunes on my work computer for example and i sign in with my account it asks me if i want to merge libraries. There's nothing on my work computer so if I merge will it allow me to listen to all my apple music through the cloud (a la the apps for phone & ipad) or will it delete everything? I just can't seem to find an answer anywhere and I'm not up for the "suck it and see" approach on this one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Is there any way you can manually add artists in the 'For You' section to improve your recommendations? I hit more artists but the same ones keep coming up again and again and for the most part aren't bands I like and only one artist at a time comes up so is there a way I can just type in the bands I like so I won't have to deal with all these red circles?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Is there any way you can manually add artists in the 'For You' section to improve your recommendations? I hit more artists but the same ones keep coming up again and again and for the most part aren't bands I like and only one artist at a time comes up so is there a way I can just type in the bands I like so I won't have to deal with all these red circles?

when you are listening to albums you want to hear , click on the heart next to the song or album and it starts to change the for you section

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Looks like it imports from spot to apples my music. Still have to create playlists manually and select the imported tracks.

Question: does it actually import tracks from spotifies my music or playlists ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

I have a 6 month YouTube Music Key trial and Spotify Premium, €5 through Vodafone a no brainer really.

But something I love about Spotify that I've found no other service has is when you tap on a song it plays instantly basically regardless of what type of connection you have whereas Google Play Music/RDio/Deezer all have to buffer the song first.

I'm wondering is Apple Music the same?

Tap a song and it just plays? No buffering?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Niemoj wrote: »
    I have a 6 month YouTube Music Key trial and Spotify Premium, €5 through Vodafone a no brainer really.

But something I love about Spotify that I've found no other service has is when you tap on a song it plays instantly basically regardless of what type of connection you have whereas Google Play Music/RDio/Deezer all have to buffer the song first.

I'm wondering is Apple Music the same?

Tap a song and it just plays? No buffering?

Cheers

All streaming media has to buffer somehow and some when.

My guess is Vodafone have a deal with spotify to host servers to give a better quality of service to customers who sign up for this deal. for example all spotify traffic goes to Germany where spotify is based but they could easily set up an Irish server and route all Vodafone traffic there. That'd make a sizeable difference in initial buffering times.

All streaming media has to buffer somehow and some when.

My guess is Vodafone have a deal with spotify to host servers to give a better quality of service to customers who sign up for this deal. for example all spotify traffic goes to Germany where spotify is based but they could easily set up an Irish server and route all Vodafone traffic there. That'd make a sizeable difference in initial buffering times.

I read online that Spotify uses P2P which is why it can stream so fast but I haven't heard anything about how fast Apple Music can stream a song.

I'm an Android user anyway but I'm curious.

Still good to know, Apple Music is coming to Android later this year. More competition is better than none :).

How fast any of these platforms can stream to me is a moot point as i'm sitting a 1gigabit line for the majority of the day :).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Niemoj wrote: »
    I read online that Spotify uses P2P which is why it can stream so fast.

Think they just used it for the desktop client, and no longer do.

I have another question/comment.

From what I've listened to online from Beats 1 there appears to be what I can only describe as a tramp stamp that's played throughout a song reminding you that it's on Beats 1!

It was the launch I was listening to so I'm wondering was that just for launch or is it a constant thing?

Also, is the music censored? I really hate censorship so that'll probably be the deciding factor as to whether I'd listen or not.

Thanks again!

that's how radio works, it's like that, and that's the way it is :).

Music is censored only on the live radio, everything else isn't, e.g. you listen to a playlist from a radio show, those songs aren't censored.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I have to say I'm impressed by the whole system. Finding much better to use than Spotify; plays faster, easier to search and a I like the for me section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Question. I signed into iTunes on my laptop now all the music I have is after appearing in my apple music. I would have thought handy but I want to listen to new music not stuff I already own.

Any way around this???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

gimmick wrote: »
    Question. I signed into iTunes on my laptop now all the music I have is after appearing in my apple music. I would have thought handy but I want to listen to new music not stuff I already own.

Any way around this???

Just do a search for something you'd like to listen to...?

Great ya, I hadn't thought of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Sorry its probably been asked a million times already, but can you import your music from Spotify to Apple Music?
    I have been using Spotify for years but I decided to give Apple Music a go, but I really don't want to have to go through the task of building up my music library again.

Ronan14 wrote: »
    Sorry its probably been asked a million times already, but can you import your music from Spotify to Apple Music?
    I have been using Spotify for years but I decided to give Apple Music a go, but I really don't want to have to go through the task of building up my music library again.

try
    https://stampapp.io/

• Advertisement

So it seems my iTunes and apple music in my iPhone are completely synced. My albums are all showing in my playlists. Given my iTunes has approx 60gb of music this is not convenient at all.

I have cleared iTunes of everything and unauthorised my iPhone from the laptop but still no good.

I've been tinkering all day to try and undo this but I'm hitting the wall each time and getting more and more frustrated.

Anyone any ideas at all :(???

So it seems my iTunes and apple music in my iPhone are completely synced. My albums are all showing in my playlists. Given my iTunes has approx 60gb of music this is not convenient at all.

I have cleared iTunes of everything and unauthorised my iPhone from the laptop but still no good.

I've been tinkering all day to try and undo this but I'm hitting the wall each time and getting more and more frustrated.

Anyone any ideas at all :(???

What's your goal here? The way Apple Music works is to give no distinction between what's in your library and what's in Apple Music.

Really?

My "aim" is to not have my 60+gb synced with apple music for which I want to use to get newer music/find new music.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

So what you want is spotify. Just stay with spotify then. Why bother with Apple music at all, it's not designed to do what you want it to- it's designed to integrate your itunes music with the apple music store and collection. that's the whole point.

Right. Didn't realise that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Really?

My "aim" is to not have my 60+gb synced with apple music for which I want to use to get newer music/find new music.

Your whole music library isn’t being downloaded to your iPhone. It only streams and you download for offline listening what you choose.

I know that. I'm just a bit disappointed that before I somehow synced them all up, my shuffle was great as it was mostly just playing tracks which I would not have had in my library previously.

my shuffle was great as it was mostly just playing tracks which I would not have had in my library previously.

How does that work? Surely to put music on an iPod shuffle you have to have it in your library first.

I'm really, really confused.

Right I'll try to be more clear. I've confused myself also.

I have a certain amount of music saved to my phone.

When Apple music came out I added more tracks using "add to my music".

I then started using shuffle between the "hard saved" tracks and the Apple music additions.

While doing this the only tracks visible were the above ones.

Then all of a sudden all my music from my laptop iTunes became available to me through Apple music.

I don't want all of that available as there is too much and it is years over due a cull. I want to revert to how it was last week.

Regarding playlists I sorted that out as you can flick a switch within Apple music to have only Apple music playlists (if you are still with me).

So I think that is as clear as I can be :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Unfortunately you can’t easily undo the merge of your iTunes and iOS music libraries. But if you enable “Music Available Offline” in the Artists drop-down menu in the My Music tab, only tracks that are on your phone will be visible. This should restore your iPhone music library to more or less how it used to be (but only on the surface; technically your iTunes and iOS music libraries will still be in sync and changes will be reflected in iTunes).

The downside of this is that any tracks you add to playlists from Apple Music won’t be visible either — unless you make them available for offline listening first.

Advertisement