Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Music-All information provided here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

The iOS and Mac apps seem half baked. They must be awful confusing to "non-power users". Major redesign is needed. I'd be surprised to see this in iOS 9 but hopefully in the next significant update over the coming months.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

mejulie805 wrote: »
    Tearing my hair out trying to make a playlist this morning. Added a whole album (7 songs) to the playlist, then tried to add more. No more songs going in no matter what I do, even though I get a big 'added' confirmation. Tried adding from Music, tried editing the playlist and adding from there- nothing! It may have been mentioned before- anyone any idea what I am doing wrong before I cry!

go to My Music/Playlists. Tap the red title "My Playlists" and a pop-up menu offers a number of options including a switch that says "Music available offline-Only show music stored on this iPhone." Turn this switch to "off," and all of the cloud playlists will be populated with songs.

i had the same problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Unfortunately, it basically doesn't work.

I know it's free at the moment, but you'd have a lot fewer headaches with Spotify.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

i had planned on subscribing my daughters ipod to apple music for her birthday. She hasn't previously used itunes or match so in theory, apple music should be a better experience starting from scratch?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

ablelocks wrote: »
    i had planned on subscribing my daughters ipod to apple music for her birthday. She hasn't previously used itunes or match so in theory, apple music should be a better experience starting from scratch?

Yep, the reports I've heard suggest it works best when you've no library to start off with.

• Advertisement

Maybe just subscribe her to Spotify instead? You can actually buy physical vouchers for it in tesco.

It works fully.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

SpaceTime wrote: »
    Maybe just subscribe her to Spotify instead? You can actually buy physical vouchers for it in tesco.

It works fully.

the family membership for apple music is very good value - upto 6 devices

the family membership for apple music is very good value - upto 6 devices if I'm correct.

Yup, but free until the trial period ends anyway and it's still practically a public beta. Lots of bugs to fix.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I’m a former iTunes Match user and have been using Apple Music since launch and I have to say I've have had relatively few problems. My library is fine, playlists are fine, everything works. There’s a lot of little bugs, particularly in iTunes, that I’m eager to see fixed, but I expect most of these will be resolved by mid-September. The iOS 9 beta has already fixed a lot of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

One thing that annoys me is that if I try to make an entire album available offline, it doesn't show the little phone symbol in the top right of each song to show it's been downloaded. To show it I have to individually make each song available offline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,686 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

the family membership for apple music is very good value - upto 6 devices

6 accounts, 10 devices each, so 60 devices per family can use it. (Can only use one device at a time for per person though).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Zcott wrote: »
    Yep, the reports I've heard suggest it works best when you've no library to start off with.

1 million times this. I have lost interest in Apple Music for iphone as it has synced my complete itunes library most of which I have not listened to in years. I even did a massive 10 gb cull recently and the stuff is still in "my music" in apple music.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

gimmick wrote: »
    1 million times this. I have lost interest in Apple Music for iphone as it has synced my complete itunes library most of which I have not listened to in years. I even did a massive 10 gb cull recently and the stuff is still in "my music" in apple music.

My main problem was also the itunes library uploading to the cloud. I luckily had a back up so deleted everything from macbook and iphone, then added through apple music albums i wanted and from my library back up manually added to itunes the albums i could not find on apple music.

Its worked well since this but seriously it shouldnt be so hard!! The only reason i have stuck with it is because i like having all my music under one app, but i never had a problem with spotify except adding local files was a pain if not marked as offline etc.

Anyway hope Apple sort this out ASAP

Quickest way to delete everything is deleting each genre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Indeed - until you plug your phone into your laptop again :rolleyes:

Indeed - until you plug your phone into your laptop again :rolleyes:
    Mine don't sync again, there an x over the cloud symbol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

8.4.1 is out now with apparent improvements to Apple Music.

Zcott wrote: »
    8.4.1 is out now with apparent improvements to Apple Music.

ITunes update too

Hopefully they've been listening to feedback...

having problems this morning trying to stream on my iphone 6 plus. keeps looking for me to sign up to a payment plan then it doesn't load after i pick a plan and when i choose to skip that page, nothing will play

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 I should coco!

Restored my iPhone and set up as new. Music working perfectly now. Did it for unrelated reasons but was pleasantly surprised!

A month to go on my 3 months free trial with Apple Music and already some music wont play,then a signup screen appears to ask me which plan I want to subscribe to.I have the automatic renewal switched off. Has it happened to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭retweet

zorro2566 wrote: »
    A month to go on my 3 months free trial with Apple Music and already some music wont play,then a signup screen appears to ask me which plan I want to subscribe to.I have the automatic renewal switched off. Has it happened to anyone else?

Did you sign out of your Apple ID and sign in with a different one on the App Store?

I had the same problem.

zorro2566 wrote: »

yeah sign out and sign back in , worked for me

Cheers chaps,that worked a treat!

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

Hi Guys

Having an issue with Apple Music that started when I tried to save some tracks to listen to on the plane

So now, I can search apple music and I can play from apple music no problem but I can't add any artist, for instance say foo fighters to my library

When I click the ... I dont have an option to add to music... Screenshot below

I've restarted, turned on/off cloud library and signed out of itunes countless times. Im also showing all music in library

help!!! :D

IMG_0205.png

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Clem H Fandango

Does that little + beside the album art not do the job?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

You're running the iOS 9 beta. The interface is different. Add to library was replaced with the plus symbol in the contextual menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

Does that little + beside the album art not do the job?

You know what, you sir are a genius! :D:D ..... so simple I missed it!
    Apple if you're listening, it could be clearer :)

It used to say "Add to My Music" or similar no? Maybe because im on ios9 beta now

Anyhow, thank you!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭ec18

GRRRRRRRRR! i just checked some of my songs and icloud has completely messed up my entire library.....:(

Advertisement