Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Music-All information provided here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

Ok - Trial nearly over.

Decision made.

Not worth the money at the moment. Auto renewal revoked.

Spotify will get my tenner a month once again until Apple sorts out this fiasco.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

What way does the music app look when you're not getting the paid version? Trial up on the 2nd and as I've never used Spotify before I don't know what to do! It is seriously annoying that there is no web player though..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

mejulie805 wrote: »
    What way does the music app look when you're not getting the paid version? Trial up on the 2nd and as I've never used Spotify before I don't know what to do! It is seriously annoying that there is no web player though..

I think the 'For You' tab brings up the subscription option but the My Music doesn't change.

My free trial finishes today as well! I will miss the variety of music but don't feel it's worth a commitment to a tenner every month. Are the Beatles on the full subscription?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

Sorry for the dumb question but I've had a hunt through 37 pages... To folk who have Spotify premium and have the trial, what makes Spotify worth paying for and Apple Music not? As a Sonos user I am waiting for Apple to support that, but if they have better compression for offline stuff on my phone and support Sonos, seems they might be worth my tenner instead of Spotifty. Plus 5 family members for the price of 2 on Spotify seems appealing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Jmccoy1

Will be sticking with Spotify myself. Apple need a slicker UI to sway me in the future.

Started back with Spotify again this morning. They gave me a free month when I emailed them with what I was doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

ads20101 wrote: »
    Started back with Spotify again this morning. They gave me a free month when I emailed them with what I was doing.

So, you emailed them to tell them that you were coming back to them from Apple Music?

I know, it sounds a bit cheeky doesn't it.

Essentially, yes!

Who forgot to turn off auto-renewal? Yep...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

ads20101 wrote: »
    I know, it sounds a bit cheeky doesn't it.

Essentially, yes!

Nice! I just might try the same ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Well I clearly missed the memo about my own music. I now have access to nothing, including the 13GB of music I've put on my phone myself. Whether I made a mistake or not that is the most ludicrous thing I have ever seen I have no idea why it is even a function. F%$k apple, not only am I not continuing with the Music sub, I'm hightailing it to Android ASAP where they don't treat their users like idiots...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Taylor swift isn't on spotify, kind of a game changer for me :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

My sub expured the other day. I have not renewed just yet.

Question I have is - I usually have a few saved songs which I drag across from my laptop to my iphone 6 music library. I usually update this once a month or so, but have not done so for 4-5 months at this stage.

Has something changed? I have deleted the music from my device, but when I plug the phone into my laptop, the songs are still showing in itunes and I cannot delete them. Nor can I drag my music across like I used to do so frequently and easily in the past.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Has people's experience with Apple Music improved since the posts some months ago? Still using Spotify myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

faceman wrote: »
    Has people's experience with Apple Music improved since the posts some months ago? Still using Spotify myself.

I've found things to be much better now, I had a lot of bugs and weird things happenening at the start but now I haven't had one in a while. I'm listening to a lot more music because of it, and I'm still paying after the three month trial.

Seems to be definitely improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Still not as good as Spotify. I still get random pauses regardless if I'm streaming or listening to my own music.

faceman wrote: »

i have moved from spotify , i love the playlists on apple music

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The service itself has been fine for me but iTunes is still very buggy. I really thought we'd see massive improvements in both iTunes and the iOS Music app by now, but nope, it seems Apple pulled most of the engineers off both as soon as Apple Music launched.

• Advertisement

The service itself has been fine for me but iTunes is still very buggy. I really thought we'd see massive improvements in both iTunes and the iOS Music app by now, but nope, it seems Apple pulled most of the engineers off both as soon as Apple Music launched.

Thats good to hear.

I was so disappointed with the 3 month trial and ended up resubscribing to spotify. As I have said before, I naturally steer towards apple so if this really has got better (and I will need a fair few more +ve reviews) I will give it another go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Didn't want to make a new post but admins feel free to separate.

I've been experiencing horrible errors in the last few days with lots of music greyed out, and even stuff I bought from iTunes a while back not playing. I get an error message "looks like this item is no longer available" on seemingly random songs. Anyone else experiencing this?

seems to be a bug in the system since yesterday , ive had to reset my phone twice to play tunes

Yep, apparently there was a server error yesterday. Should be cleared up now but restart your phone anyway.

Zcott wrote: »
    Yep, apparently there was a server error yesterday. Should be cleared up now but restart your phone anyway.

i restarted and still the same so i signed out of music then restarted signed back in and all good so far

Major bug with iOS devices today , Apple musc search function not working

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I see that students will now be able to subscribe to Apple Music for €5 a month. Good value if you can get it I think.

http://www.macrumors.com/2016/05/06/apple-music-student-membership-50-discount/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The student discount is live now. You can do it on via iOS or iTunes. Go to your Apple ID > Manage Subscriptions > Apple Music and change your subscription to student.

It verifies through UNiDAYS and is valid for one year. After that you have to re-verify your student status for another year, etc.

• Advertisement

9to5Mac reports that Apple Music will getting a UI revamp at WWDC, including the demotion of Connect. We already knew that Apple were working on iTunes but it seems they are changing the iOS Music app as well.

While I don't hate the current Music app UI, it could certainly be better. Some of my current annoyances:

- The way search is accessible from all of the tabs instead of being its own tab. It feels like I'm in Safari. When I tap on My Music or Playlists I want to go there, not to whatever search results I was previously looking at.
    - The way search results are split into Apple Music and My Music tabs - I'm tired of all the tapping, just integrate them please.
    - The way the display activates when you adjust the volume using the headphone controls. While this has been around for several versions of iOS, it's extremely dumb and is a potentially major drain on battery life depending on how often to adjust the volume on your commute. My phone is in my pocket, I'm using the headphone controls, there's no reason for the display to be on!
    - The grey text for album/artist info on the lock-screen is practically indecipherable. I usually have to hold the phone up to my face to make it out.

I'm sure I'll think of more.

Advertisement