Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Music-All information provided here

Options
1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

peteeeed wrote: »
    BTW ios beta 10 public beta 1 is out so if anyone wants to take the plunge for the new music layout

It's a huge improvement. Well worth it. All it needs now is a dark theme.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

jcrowbar wrote: »
    It's a huge improvement. Well worth it. All it needs now is a dark theme.

agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭iniall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

Too little too late

I tried Apple Music twice and it was like hitting my head on a wall.

Currently I have 6 months free with deezer. If I read multiple +ve reviews I will consider a third (and final go) after this period.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Strange to read all these issues with Apple Music, I've been subscribed for about 6 months now and never had a single issue.
    I really wonder if people are using it wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

iniall wrote: »

While this is a big improvement, iTunes Match's matching algorithm is far from perfect and I'd still like to see them offer the option to disable matching altogether and upload everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭iniall

murpho999 wrote: »
    Strange to read all these issues with Apple Music, I've been subscribed for about 6 months now and never had a single issue.

Given the volume of issues people have had with Apple Music, to wonder if people are "using it wrong" seems odd, to say the least. I've had a number of irritating issues with it myself, including it repeatedly deleting a song that I bought from iTunes from my iPhone and iPad. Having to get on to Apple Support to recover a song that I own that Apple Music has deleted from my devices is very annoying and nothing to do with the way I'm using the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

people aren't using it wrong, people just have a huge array music libraries. Apple in the last while have implemented services/features that haven't been transparent in what the service/feature is doing and it's literally ****ing with people's hard worked up music libraries of 10-15-20 years. that's the problem here.

I'm like you though, I've had no issues. I started from scratch, imported no music to apple music and started with a clean slate.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭WillyWonka

Anyone else having trouble playing music since upgrading to 9.3.3?
    It will only play offline music for me now, otherwise it starts to play and then stops or skips to the next offline song.

I've tried soft reset, killing the app, and using wifi and cellular. strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭WillyWonka

WillyWonka wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble playing music since upgrading to 9.3.3?
    It will only play offline music for me now, otherwise it starts to play and then stops or skips to the next offline song.

I've tried soft reset, killing the app, and using wifi and cellular. strange.

Figured it out. I signed out of my Apple ID and back in again. I was switched to the UK app store and it automatically switched me back. So one of those 2 things fixed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

I hate Apple music. Spotify sounds way better IMO. I have free spotify with my Vodafone bill pay now. I went to get rid of Apple Music and they offered it to me for 5 euro a month going forward. Haha I don't know what to do. I might give it to my GF instead and keep the Spotify for me. It's just not a good product and Apple are usually great.

I hate Apple music. Spotify sounds way better IMO. I have free spotify with my Vodafone bill pay now. I went to get rid of Apple Music and they offered it to me for 5 euro a month going forward. Haha I don't know what to do. I might give it to my GF instead and keep the Spotify for me. It's just not a good product and Apple are usually great.

Who are "they"? Apple?

How did you get this offer as you simply manage the subscription on your phone?

I am using Music on iOS 10 Beta and really like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,682 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Who are "they"? Apple?

How did you get this offer as you simply manage the subscription on your phone?

I am using Music on iOS 10 Beta and really like it.

Student?

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

Yeah sorry I forgot to mention it's a student offer. Is the iOS 10 any different from the iOS 9 version. What new features?

I find in apple music you have to go through so many levels to get to something it's not easy when you are cycling a bike and trying to find playlists. It also doesn't remember where you left off and you get thrown back to the main screen which keeps jumping around the place too when new suggestions are added and when I say new it's the same playlists the last 7 months. I think Spotifty sounds better too. I've been using both for the last week. Had been using Apple music for around the last 8 months on it's own. Also another pain in the ass, I've got two Apple accounts one is a US Apple account and then my Irish one that has my apple music subscription. Anytime I log into the US account it deletes all my music and playlists and I have to spend ages getting stuff back and re downloading. it's just not great.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

How are people getting on with the new music mixes? I've heard some good reports, but so far mine have been pretty terrible. I'm lucky if I find one track that I like. On Twitter Serenity Caldwell was saying she had to do a lot of disliking to get good results.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,686 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

How are people getting on with the new music mixes? I've heard some good reports, but so far mine have been pretty terrible. I'm lucky if I find one track that I like. On Twitter Serenity Caldwell was saying she had to do a lot of disliking to get good results.

Last week was really good. A good selection of music I like.

This week was very poor. Mostly rap artists and dance/pop music. Total opposite of the week before. I will dislike this weeks playlist and hope for better next week.

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Last week was really good. A good selection of music I like.

This week was very poor. Mostly rap artists and dance/pop music. Total opposite of the week before. I will dislike this weeks playlist and hope for better next week.

Yeah I'm getting a lot of rap and dance type stuff that nothing in my library would suggest I'd like.

I wonder if it's better to dislike individual tracks rather than the whole playlist? Or if it's better to just like the ones you do like? That's what I was doing initially but the last two weeks there was nothing that I liked.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

My playlist this week was all rap too, what's going on there?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm considering going back to Spotify. I've had Apple Music since launch, but a lot of albums are missing tracks for me, that are there on my wifes Spotify, plus I preferred the Spotify playlists.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

chrislad wrote: »
    I'm considering going back to Spotify. I've had Apple Music since launch, but a lot of albums are missing tracks for me, that are there on my wifes Spotify, plus I preferred the Spotify playlists.

Have a look at the bargains thread for Spotify.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Is this weeks favourite mix all soul music for everyone?

i think my fav mix has been sent to everyone , my mix is full of my favourite hip hop

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Yeah my favourite mix this week is mostly rap/hip-hop.

I have to say I'm enjoying that part of Apple Music more than the new music mix.

Very bad news for Spotify.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

Did Apple Music ever sort itself out on android tablets? Last time I tried it I found it far too restrictive on android devices it works on compared to Spotify. While I might have an iPhone, the kids as part of a family plan need it to work on their devices... Once Spotify dropped their family price to match I've never looked back to Apple Music but if they are more price competitive and work on enough devices I'd give it another go...

Anyone else having a problem with streams only loading half way in iTunes?

have to say i disagree with the article , i much prefer the lay out/playlists of apple music

http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/apple-has-the-money-but-it-no-longer-has-the-smarts-1.2958004

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Author hasn't a clue. "Apple weren't the first to streaming music" no ****. They're never first, with pretty much everything

• Advertisement

Prince's discography is now available on Apple Music.

Advertisement