Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Triumph Riders

• 12-06-2015 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭

Any Triumph owners on here, where do you get you bike serviced,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

thanks for the advise, I might take a spin up to mccallens,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I had a Sprint for 2 yrs and the other lads I go for spins with have Tiger 1050s. I service my bike all the time and never had an issue, so unless its under warranty then I would service it myself TBH.

But McCallans are very good but know how to charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭dorannoel

I have a tiger sport (14) still have a years warranty left but I do the servicing my self but like wonda said if I had any problem I go 2 mc callens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭b_mac2

Lee Honda in Cork are authorised Triumph dealers if your closer to Cork...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

But McCallans are very good but know how to charge.

I hear they are pricey alright but doesn't seem to put some people off.

I suppose it's going to be bit dearer when it's a TT legend you are dealing with.

He also had a big input in Original Honda Fireblade.
    It was only when Honda got him on board,he showed them what the bike really could do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Dorsanty

Street Triple R and Speed Triple more recently.

Racked up 60,000km on the Street Triple and it is still going strong bar the signs of 7 Irish winters.

Still getting to know the Speed.

Dorsanty wrote: »
    Street Triple R and Speed Triple more recently.

Racked up 60,000km on the Street Triple and it is still going strong bar the signs of 7 Irish winters.

Still getting to know the Speed.

do you service them yourself or bring them somewhere? what tyres do you have / recommend on the Speed Triple?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Dorsanty

thelawman wrote: »
    do you service them yourself or bring them somewhere? what tyres do you have / recommend on the Speed Triple?

I have been using Dublin Triumph for services and I've not had the issues some have had (from reading other posts in this forum). I'd stop if they damaged my bike. I noticed at the last service of my Street Triple I got a full walk around to note scratches before handing it over. No doubt fallout from other customer problems.

I do find them $$$ but the work done so far has justified the cost as well as the shorter travel for me. Lisburn or Cork would be a full tank and more to get there and back.

Only new to the Speed. It has stock Metzeler tyres.

Edit: I have longer term plans about getting into servicing my bike(s). It will require me sorting a permanent garage setup though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Tyres for the speed triple Michelin PR4s without a doubt.

Thanks for the replys lads, I don't get much time on the bike these days, think I might head up north and make a bit of a spin out of it, I could do the oil and filter but it needs tyres too, might just get it all sorted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

sterling is a bit of a killer at the mo for going up north, is the only thing

theres nothing too complex about them, so dont feel the need to only go to triumph dealers (imo)

Advertisement