Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying games from Amazon US

• 12-06-2015 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭

Has anyone bought games from Amazon US and got it to work out cheaper than the UK? I compared the price of Witcher 3 just as an example, on US it converts to €44.41 while it was €60.41 on the UK, €16 in the difference. So as long as the P&P was low enough and you were patient it'd be worthwhile I'd assume. Has anyone ever done this and know the usual price of postage?

Comments

With exchange rates at the minute it's not something I'd even considered to be honest, even given up looking at videogames plus (Canadian) who I ordered off several times last year and was significantly cheaper than amazon but exchange rates have taken a dive :(

That said I spotted this on the bargain alerts forum today http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056900060

Haven't actually tried it myself so can't say yay nor nay on it but the idea is very good, need a UK post address or parcel motel, you find something you want on amazon etc and they come back with a cheaper price from somewhere else. People have been reporting mixed results and shipping times though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

Has anyone bought games from Amazon US and got it to work out cheaper than the UK? I compared the price of Witcher 3 just as an example, on US it converts to €44.41 while it was €60.41 on the UK, €16 in the difference. So as long as the P&P was low enough and you were patient it'd be worthwhile I'd assume. Has anyone ever done this and know the usual price of postage?
    Well you cant buy off amazon us unless you have a American credit card and address.I know you can buy of videogamesplus.ca but your only saving €10 plus you have to wait 2 weeks you have no problems getting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Forget about it OP, as stated above you need to add approx 30% of the American Amazon price when you factor in customs and handling fee.

There was a time I'd order region free 360 games from the likes of Play Asia but its no longer worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

Forget about it OP, as stated above you need to add approx 30% of the American Amazon price when you factor in customs and handling fee.

There was a time I'd order region free 360 games from the likes of Play Asia but its no longer worth it.
    I agree even videogamesplus.ca gone to expensive not worth it which is a shame I'm amaze that GameStop try charge €75 for a game that crazy.

Advertisement