Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psychotherapy degree Ireland

Options
  • 12-06-2015 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I'm planning to do a psychotherapy degree (hons -level 8). I've done some research into the new academic accreditation which will be coming on board. I know it's not currently a requirement to practice, but will be. So, I'd like to choose a college with qqi approval. I've a few in mind. The fees are quite high. Does anyone know if it is possible to get substantial exemptions after doing a Humanities degree with psychology as a major?
    Or if there is a study route which does not entail these fees.
    The feedback I've had so far from colleges is that even with a psychology degree, there would be (on a discretionary basis) minor exemptions with a requirement to do the full 4 yrs with them.
    Does anyone know if any of the full time degree courses offer facilities to train (no more than 2 additional yrs) clinically and become a registered psychotherapist?
    Thanks in advance,
    L

Advertisement