Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone ever get a false positive?

Options
  • 12-06-2015 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

I am TTC. My last period was the 2nd of May and for the last week I have been moodier and a bit more tired than normal. I also have very swollen and sore breasts. Yesterday I had lower back pain but no spotting. I took a clearblue digital yesterday and the first one said pregnant 1-2 weeks and I done two more after that One last night the other this morning and it said not pregnant so now I don't know what to do. Am I pregnant or not?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Ethel

QueenBee1 wrote: »
    I am TTC. My last period was the 2nd of May and for the last week I have been moodier and a bit more tired than normal. I also have very swollen and sore breasts. Yesterday I had lower back pain but no spotting. I took a clearblue digital yesterday and the first one said pregnant 1-2 weeks and I done two more after that One last night the other this morning and it said not pregnant so now I don't know what to do. Am I pregnant or not?

Did you take both tests in the morning? Your urine will have a stronger pregnancy hormone reading (hcg) in the morning. If you're unsure about it go see your gp. Fingers crossed for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

No. As far as I know you can't get a false positive. The hormone is either there or its not. In my experience too a cheapo pregnancy test has always been right also - although obviously doesn't give you the number of weeks. Good luck. And defo do test in the morning. First wee of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭mocha please!

Use a First Response test, or one of the cheap ones in Dealz, as both of these read far lower levels of the HGC hormone than those digital tests. Try it first thing tomorrow morning (and try not to pee during the night, if possible!)

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Whereisgerry?

Wahoo! Congrats! Looks like you have a little one on the way. Pregnancy tests look for a hormone called HCG which is only in your urine when pregnant. I didnt like clear blue tests at all & I got a negative on a clear blue when I was getting a positive on a First Response. I've read a bit online & supposedly tests with a pink dye in them work better than those with blue dye

Advertisement