Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to safely remove paint

• 13-06-2015 12:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any tips? Our house is being painted at the moment and cream has acquired a red stripe! It's dried in now so would it be a case of just picking at it till it comes off or does anyone have better suggestions? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

Is the paint water-based or oil-based? Water-based should come off easily enough with a damp cloth or wet wipe. Oil-based is trickier as generally you would use white spirit to clean it off a surface, so then it would depend on where exactly on Cream the paint is. Might have to pick it off if too close to eyes, mouth or ears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

It's outdoor paint so I'd imagine water proof? It's along his side so should be easy enough to pick out once I have someone here with me to hold him down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

Exterior emulsion is usually water-based so it should come off with water. Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Scissors? If it's dry and it's safe (depends on cat) use a Stanley blade and kind of shave it off.

Reminds me of the time Jake (orange cat) fell in a bucket of green paint, Never wash a cat without armour!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Someone had managed to get rid of it by the time I got home from work this eve, possibly got washed off in a rain shower!

• Advertisement
Advertisement