Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worth going on to level 8? Engineering

• 13-06-2015 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

Hello, I got my results yesterday, upper merit with distinction in electronics. DT008. I'm not really sure what to expect job wise, so far i've had a few calls from recruitment agencies in Uk saing they will forward my CV to employers, in Ireland, I had someone telling me that he loves what he sees but to step up my game and get a level 8. Is there any other level 7 grads who have received comfortable jobs out of the level 7's? Any DT008 guys would be a bonus

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I would be quite surprised if someone in the college has not tracked last year's graduates.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭leavingirl

Do the level 8. You sound well able for it. In fact I would do a masters if I were you. Just an extra year and it gives you the chance to stand out from the crowd.

My advice in your level 8 would be to do a great project, one that you can put on your cv and easily talk about in interviews. If you also have a masters with a great project, all the better.

Prospective employers want to talk to you about projects, not really about subjects.
    With a level 7 you will be looking at technician jobs only. Think low starting salaries and possibly shift work.
    I don't know if you were a full time student but as I said, put in 2 more years and get a masters.
    A recruiter telling you that he will pass your details on to a few companies means your cv will be lost among the thousands of others that he also forwarded.

Advertisement