Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

BandMember wrote: »

I used eglobal before and couldn't fault them.I think they are well regarded and iirc plenty of people on boards used to buy camera's/lens from there.

That U9 is excellent value .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

yabadabado wrote: »
    I used eglobal before and couldn't fault them.I think they are well regarded and iirc plenty of people on boards used to buy camera's/lens from there.

How did they(eglobal) work out with customs? I see some of their prices are great, but not so much if you factor in Customs.
    On some of the eglobal thread, it seems to suggest products are shipped out of Europe, however I've found it difficult to clarify this.

How did they(eglobal) work out with customs? I see some of their prices are great, but not so much if you factor in Customs.
    On some of the eglobal thread, it seems to suggest products are shipped out of Europe, however I've found it difficult to clarify this.

I think there is a EU warehouse but not sure how it works.I haven't gotten hit with customs from them but that could have been luck more than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭BandMember

Thanks for that. Yeah, that U9 is unreal value - really going to find it hard to resist pulling the trigger now! :D

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. Yeah, that U9 is unreal value - really going to find it hard to resist pulling the trigger now! :D

Great bit of kit .I was unsure of pulling the trigger but delighted I did now.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

I just looked up the Trustpilot reviews for eGlobalCentral and they are mixed. Long delivery times (3-4 weeks), very poor communication, fake tracking numbers. But most people do end up getting the merchandise at the end. I would use Paypal with them for an extra level of security. Prices looked very attractive for other electronics I was looking at

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

yoshimitsu wrote: »
    I just looked up the Trustpilot reviews for eGlobalCentral and they are mixed. Long delivery times (3-4 weeks), very poor communication, fake tracking numbers. But most people do end up getting the merchandise at the end. I would use Paypal with them for an extra level of security. Prices looked very attractive for other electronics I was looking at

Good boards thread running for 3 years, mainly good experiences

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057154505

yoshimitsu wrote: »
    I just looked up the Trustpilot reviews for eGlobalCentral and they are mixed. Long delivery times (3-4 weeks), very poor communication, fake tracking numbers. But most people do end up getting the merchandise at the end. I would use Paypal with them for an extra level of security.
    NATLOR wrote: »
    Good boards thread running for 3 years, mainly good experiences

Thanks guys for all the feedback, good to know. Sounds like it's a legit site so? I don't mind the 3-4 weeks delivery as I'm in no rush and would be covered with PayPal. I gotta say, if I knew for definite that I wouldn't be hit by customs, my trigger finger would be getting very heavy over the "Buy Now" button.... ;)

Send the item to Parcel Motel.Cant say anymore than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Thanks guys for all the feedback, good to know. Sounds like it's a legit site so? I don't mind the 3-4 weeks delivery as I'm in no rush and would be covered with PayPal. I gotta say, if I knew for definite that I wouldn't be hit by customs, my trigger finger would be getting very heavy over the "Buy Now" button.... ;)

I'm looking to buy the Huawei P10 plus at the moment, and EGlobel are about €150 cheaper than bricks and mortar here(Three store), so I mailed them on Friday regarding customs/VAT etc, the below is the reply I got.
    Dear Customer,

Thank you for your message.

With regard to your query, we would like to confirm that orders placed on our site, are shipped out from our Hong Kong Warehouse as we are a Hong Kong Based company. The invoice we send is based only on the price of the item, any tax or vat amount will not be indicated on the invoice

However, we ship our orders with special logistics arrangement and therefore all you will need to pay is the prices on website, no VAT, import fees nor hidden charges involved for the customer on any order. Any VAT or customs duties incurred will be settled by eGlobaL. The price you see on the website is the final price you pay for the product.

Hereby, we confirm that we will settle VAT, related taxes and custom charges

Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards,
    eGlobal Central EU

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭Invincible

Prices increased since yesterday, €40 more on egobalcentral, think about £35 on tobydeals.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,008 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Invincible wrote: »
    Prices increased since yesterday, ?40 more on egobalcentral, think about ?35 on tobydeals.
    Regular priced now. At the price point, I'd be buying from MINIX on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭irishproduce

If I were to buy that u9, I take it a 4k TV is a prerequisite yeah? Also, what would I subscribe to in order to be able to watch in 4k? Netflix? Is that all? Is there kodi subscriptions?

If I were to buy that u9, I take it a 4k TV is a prerequisite yeah? Also, what would I subscribe to in order to be able to watch in 4k? Netflix? Is that all? Is there kodi subscriptions?

You will only need a 4K TV to watch 4K streams, there are plenty of 1080, 720 and SD streams if you don't have one. You will need a 4K Netflix subscription to watch that content. The rest cannot be discussed here, as per the thread title.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Adguard for Android. Nice to have it on box especially if you are using some of the apps.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057743123

Currently you can buy lifetime license for around €5.50. Check the thread.

I know you can root box and get free option but for non rooted or not technical savvy this is a good option.

I got one :)

And of course you can use it on phone as well but you one license per device.

Anyone using a Beelink GT1 Ultimate?
    Happy with it and many/any cons ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭BobMc

Just on the Ethernet to USB hub - Anyone using it successfully, I've a Mi Box in living room, very close to Internet Hub so no problems, but I've a second Mi box still unopened as I know I cant use in the den as too far and between thick walls for wifi currenty have old Wetek running thru homeplugs downs their

Any advice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

You will need a 4K Netflix subscription to watch that content. The rest cannot be discussed here, as per the thread title.

Even with a 4k Netflix sub would you get 4k using a Minix device? I thought there were issues with Minix devices getting the most out of Netflix?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭ongarite

branners69 wrote: »
    Even with a 4k Netflix sub would you get 4k using a Minix device? I thought there were issues with Minix devices getting the most out of Netflix?
    No you won't
    Only Android boxes certified for Netflix 4K are Mi Box, Shield and Wetek Hub/Play 2 AFAIK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Where is the cheapest place to buy the International version of the Mi Box?

Looking to get it delivered within the next 2 weeks if possible too.

branners69 wrote: »

Well, if you look on the Virgin Broadband thread, there are plenty of people having issues with Netflix 4K on there so it's not all down to the device you choose.....

Also, people should be aware the 4K streams will be taking up around 20-25MB download speeds and, because of the size of the files, it will absolutely chew through data and could, depending on your ISP, result in you breaking your FUP limit and being hit with an extra charge because of this.

Just a heads up on the downside on 4K content.

Oh, and 4K streams work fine on my Minix.... ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

I am new to these boxes

Maybe a couple of total noob questions but here goes:

Can you watch free to air channels like Ch4 , BBC etc ?

Is the quality better if they are connected via WI FI or through Ethernet. Does it make a difference?

Barr wrote: »
    Is the quality better if they are connected via WI FI or through Ethernet. Does it make a difference?

Ethernet connection is highly recommended. The wifi on ANY of these boxes is not as good as your laptop/phone etc.

Please don't ask about specific content, apps or add ons though, as per the warning in the thread title. Nobody wants this thread to be closed.... ;)

I am new to these boxes

Maybe a couple of total noob questions but here goes:

Can you watch free to air channels like Ch4 , BBC etc ?

If you want to watch FTA channels and Kodi etcthen it's probably worth looking at a Wetek Play 2.
    That comes with a satellite or TV tuner.

Ethernet connection is highly recommended. The wifi on ANY of these boxes is not as good as your laptop/phone etc.

Please don't ask about specific content, apps or add ons though, as per the warning in the thread title. Nobody wants this thread to be closed.... ;)

Didn't think there was anything dodge about FTA channels :o

What about using an Internet Power Plug ? Would they be as good as Ethernet.

Reason I am asking is we are getting Fiber installed shortly and looks like the router has to go beside the phone line which is in the hallway.

Didn't think there was anything dodge about FTA channels :o

What about using an Internet Power Plug ? Would they be as good as Ethernet.

Reason I am asking is we are getting Fiber installed shortly and looks like the router has to go beside the phone line which is in the hallway.

It's not the FTA channels as such, but topics like that tend to lead threads off in a direction that gets them closed, so, better safe than sorry.... ;)

You mean Homeplugs? Yeah, they are fine - certainly better than wifi anyway, been discussed here plenty before.

I'm not sure about that to be honest.... I imagine that it would depend on who you getting the ISP and their installer. For example, I have Eir and they installed the router wherever I wanted - drilled holes in walls and ran cables through rooms. Couldn't speak highly enough of their installers, absolute professionals who did a very neat, clean finish.

It's not the FTA channels as such, but topics like that tend to lead threads off in a direction that gets them closed, so, better safe than sorry.... ;)

You mean Homeplugs? Yeah, they are fine - certainly better than wifi anyway, been discussed here plenty before.

I'm not sure about that to be honest.... I imagine that it would depend on who you getting the ISP and their installer. For example, I have Eir and they installed the router wherever I wanted - drilled holes in walls and ran cables through rooms. Couldn't speak highly enough of their installers, absolute professionals who did a very neat, clean finish.

Yes homeplugs :) They might be the best option for me if wi fi isn't great. I am getting in sky and don't think they would be as obliging as Eir.

I was basically told where by phone point is located is where the router will be installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭cranefly

Guys i am totally new to these android boxes, so i have a problem with a box i got from china, its a h96 pro plus android box, i connected it to the internet via wifi and put in my password and it says connected and signal strength says excellent, but it does not say secure, and therefore i cannot connect properly to the internet, using the ethernet port is not an option as the router is not close enough, has anyone come across this before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

cranefly wrote: »
    Guys i am totally new to these android boxes, so i have a problem with a box i got from china, its a h96 pro plus android box, i connected it to the internet via wifi and put in my password and it says connected and signal strength says excellent, but it does not say secure, and therefore i cannot connect properly to the internet, using the ethernet port is not an option as the router is not close enough, has anyone come across this before.

Set the date and time on the box and try again.

Advertisement