Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭cranefly

I tried setting the time and date first, no luck, it still says connected and has a locked padlock next to it, im guessing that has something to do with it, this really has me stumped. is their anything else i could try.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭cranefly

Problem solved, internet provider re set router box and the box connected right away, thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Just wondering do I have to delete my older version of Kodi Jarvis to update to 17.3, and will it wipe my add ons?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Just wondering do I have to delete my older version of Kodi Jarvis to update to 17.3, and will it wipe my add ons?
    Thanks.

No just go to the play store an update it.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

JamboMac wrote: »
    No just go to the play store an update it.

I'm using the downloader option on the home screen. Will it keep my add ons?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I'm using the downloader option on the home screen. Will it keep my add ons?

I'd go in via play store and update that way.It definitely doesn't erase anything.I updated my own box yesterday that way.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Thanks.

Depends on the box too, i think.
    I have 2 recently updated.
    Box 1 (Nexbox i only saw "install" in play store and the other one (Beelink) had "update" in play store.

As it was my intention to keep only what i use on both of them, i didnt care about wiping the add ons. Just reinstalled the couple i do use.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

My MXIII seems to have packed it in. Will no longer power up. When I press the power button the power light flashes for a second and the box dies.

Any ideas? Tried a different power supply but got the same result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Ok, looking for recommendation for small box, I want it for bedroom and 99% of viewing will be Netflix, is Fire Stick best option?>

inforfun wrote: »
    Depends on the box too, i think.
    I have 2 recently updated.
    Box 1 (Nexbox i only saw "install" in play store and the other one (Beelink) had "update" in play store.

As it was my intention to keep only what i use on both of them, i didnt care about wiping the add ons. Just reinstalled the couple i do use.

Could you get Nexbox updated to v17? I tried and it crapped out fo moved to FTMC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Ok, looking for recommendation for small box, I want it for bedroom and 99% of viewing will be Netflix, is Fire Stick best option?>

If your primary use is Netflix then Fire Stick is the best option.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Could you get Nexbox updated to v17? I tried and it crapped out fo moved to FTMC

Yep. The A95X
    There might have been a factory reset at 1 point though before the uninstall old/install new worked as i remember Kodi only showing the start up screen and then crash.
    Had to uninstall Kodi, went to playstore and clicked install there.

Added the addons of choice and is running fine since.
    Did see v17.3 was out, haven't tried updating either box to that one yet. Both on v17.1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

inforfun wrote: »
    Yep. The A95X
    There might have been a factory reset at 1 point though before the uninstall old/install new worked as i remember Kodi only showing the start up screen and then crash.
    Had to uninstall Kodi, went to playstore and clicked install there.

Added the addons of choice and is running fine since.
    Did see v17.3 was out, haven't tried updating either box to that one yet. Both on v17.1

17.3 fixes a security flaw in 17.1, so worth updating

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

UsedToWait wrote: »
    17.3 fixes a security flaw in 17.1, so worth updating

Fixed the link in the above quote ;) That's a no-no link you posted,you might want to edit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,458 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Any opinions on amazon fire stick running kodi. I'd be using it in the sitting room and would be my main device for watching Tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

Any opinions on amazon fire stick running kodi. I'd be using it in the sitting room and would be my main device for watching Tv.
    i had on for a while, it worked ok, that was when they came out first, the newer models may be faster

• Registered Users Posts: 17,458 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

flutered wrote: »
    i had on for a while, it worked ok, that was when they came out first, the newer models may be faster

The one I was looking at was generation two.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭guideanna

Hi All,

I'm looking at getting an android box (no idea which one yet, have been reading back through the posts looking at rec's).

Question i have, If i buy a box NON-preloaded is it easy enough to pick and d/l my apps then? Are we talking similar set up to App store on your iPhone etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,278 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Where is the cheapest place to buy the International version of the Mi Box?

Looking to get it delivered within the next 2 weeks if possible too.

Cheapest I have found is this guy who ships from one of those fulfillment centres in Manchester for €80 delivered. It does take about 5-6 days for them to ship though and then 2 days for An Post to deliver it express. I ordered on the 29th and received it on the 9th of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭.red.

guideanna wrote: »
    Hi All,

I'm looking at getting an android box (no idea which one yet, have been reading back through the posts looking at rec's).

Question i have, If i buy a box NON-preloaded is it east enough to pick and dl my apps then? Are we talking similar set up to App store on your iPhone etc?
    From what I've seen, (without actually looking for a box that doesn't have everything preloaded) the higher spec, more expensive boxes come empty and the cheaper, run of the mill boxes are bought in bulk from China, loaded up and sold on for huge mark ups.
    If you don't want or need a high spec box look for a cheaper one, delete everything and factory reset it.
    I bought a nexbox a95x for my sister. Cleared it and installed what was needed in about 15 mins. Its pretty easy and google is a big help. Much easier too with an airmouse remote.

• Advertisement

Just ordered a Xiaomi Mi Box-A53 from lightinthebox.

Won't have it for a couple of weeks but plenty of time to read up and try educate myself.

guideanna wrote: »
    Just ordered a Xiaomi Mi Box-A53 from lightinthebox.

Won't have it for a couple of weeks but plenty of time to read up and try educate myself.

One of the best box's around but a big downside and what stopped me buying one is it has no Ethernet connection.

May not be an issue for you.

Getting connected to FTTH this week so (hopefully) won't be an issue for me as my neighbor is getting speeds of over 100mb…woohoo!

That is of course based on the assumption that Eir finally get their s*it sorted and connect me…been on-going issues from their end since March!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

Hey guys I thinking of getting a q box
    Found here
    http://touch.adverts.ie/media-players/android-tv-box-qbox-kodi-17-1/12748005

Has anyone any experience with them?
    Or
    Could anyone recommend a better box at around the same price point?
    Thanks

yabadabado wrote: »
    One of the best box's around but a big downside and what stopped me buying one is it has no Ethernet connection.

May not be an issue for you.

Not good for plex either if your library includes AC3. Great box apart from that.

Hey guys I thinking of getting a q box
    Found here
    http://touch.adverts.ie/media-players/android-tv-box-qbox-kodi-17-1/12748005

Has anyone any experience with them?
    Or
    Could anyone recommend a better box at around the same price point?
    Thanks

The Mi Box mentioned in the last few posts is a better device and around the same price.

They are charging more for having that box loaded with "extras".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭.red.

yabadabado wrote: »
    The Mi Box mentioned in the last few posts is a better device and around the same price.

They are charging more for having that box loaded with "extras".

All these extras" are simple to put on yourself too. I think people reckon its complicated unless your very tech savy which really isn't the case. A quick google search will bring up step by step instructions with pictures of each step as you go along.
    The lads on done deal and adverts must be making a nice few €€ on every box sold.

.red. wrote: »
    All these extras" are simple to put on yourself too. I think people reckon its complicated unless your very tech savy which really isn't the case. A quick google search will bring up step by step instructions with pictures of each step as you go along.
    The lads on done deal and adverts must be making a nice few €€ on every box sold.

A lad asked me to buy a Mi for him online so I ordered one. €80 delivered. Called him to let him know it arrived and he tells me he bought an android box from a fella that has all the stuff added. Paid €100 for it. I'd say it is a €30 MXQ box at a guess but I haven't asked.

A lot of people really do think it's extremely complicated to do. So now he's stuck with a terrible box and paid €20 extra for the privilege. :D

Where is best place to buy Xiaomi Mi Box?

• Advertisement

Its unreal the amount of lads who are getting ripped off buying these boxs "fully loaded" and with all "extras".

As Oat says usually cheap pieces of ****.

Advertisement