Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Where is best place to buy Xiaomi Mi Box?

see #3220

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

yabadabado wrote: »
    see #3220

Hahaha, sorry I did read back but missed that

yabadabado wrote: »
    Anyone using a Beelink GT1 Ultimate?
    Happy with it and many/any cons ?

I was asking about this for a mate.He bought it and is very impressed with it so far.

Bit of a strange question, how does the remote work on the Xiaomi Mi Box? Is it via bluetooth?

I have bought a new TV....the issue is from what I can see the Nexbox remote connects via Infared and also the TV uses infared. So if I increase the volume on tv remote it also puts the current program back to the start.....

Just a bit of niggle and works perfect on other TV.....just dont want to have same issue

• Registered Users Posts: 15,278 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Bit of a strange question, how does the remote work on the Xiaomi Mi Box? Is it via bluetooth?

Yes, it uses bluetooth.

I use a Shield now but I actually prefer the Mi remote in every way. The bluetooth is far more reliable for me than what the Shield is using. Sometimes my shield remote is unresponsive because of interference. Feels better in my hand too.

The extra power is the only reason I've kept it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

Oat23 wrote: »
    Yes, it uses bluetooth.

I use a Shield now but I actually prefer the Mi remote in every way. The bluetooth is far more reliable for me than what the Shield is using. Sometimes my shield remote is unresponsive because of interference. Feels better in my hand too.

The extra power is the only reason I've kept it.

There is a "hidden" infrared receiver in the front so you can use a Logitech Harmony universal/programmable remote

yoshimitsu wrote: »
    There is a "hidden" infrared receiver in the front so you can use a Logitech Harmony universal/programmable remote

On the 2017 models only the pro has the IR receiver I believe? I have the 16GB 2017 one. Is the hidden IR receiver on that?

There are plenty of alternatives out there though. If I wasn't lazy I'd have found a new remote I like by now! Whenever the interference is bad I just use the controller as it works on a different frequency to the remote.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

On the 2017 models only the pro has the IR receiver I believe? I have the 16GB 2017 one. Is the hidden IR receiver on that?

There are plenty of alternatives out there though. If I wasn't lazy I'd have found a new remote I like by now! Whenever the interference is bad I just use the controller as it works on a different frequency to the remote.

Sorry I was replying to the original question about the Mi Box. Should've quoted that text instead

I bought a Tronsmart air mouse a few years back and I must say it was perfect.Only cost a tenner and was recharable .I bought the A3 recently and it is brilliant but for 30 quid it would want to be.
    Anyone looking for a cheap remote look out for Tronsmart TSM1 .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Any recommendations on a box close in specs to the mi box but with an Ethernet port?

Or am i better off going for the Mi Box and an ethernet adapter ?

• Advertisement

Gone with Mi box from link, the nexbox at the moment is working on wifi so hopefully it might work. If not will buy ethernet port....

I am having loads of issues with USB HDD and Nexbox so really sick of it now, will just use Nexbox as back up.......

Korvanica wrote: »
    Any recommendations on a box close in specs to the mi box but with an Ethernet port?

Or am i better off going for the Mi Box and an ethernet adapter ?

Check out the Beelink GT1 Ultimate.I looked at it for a friend and it seems to be well speced out .He is very happy with it bar he reckons the remote isnt great .
    ?65 from gearbest( i havent checked any other sites)

Anyone have a USB HDD connected to Mi Box? is performance decent?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

Can anyone recommend a remote for the Mi Box. The stock remote works fine but has limited functionality. Would also prefer something with a keyboard. Still would like to be able voice search. I was looking at the Neo a2 but there seems to be mixed reviews.

Neo A3 is excellent ,I have one a few weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭guideanna

Not good for plex either if your library includes AC3. Great box apart from that.

ha, i have absolutely no idea what one bit of that means Oat23. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭BobMc

Speaking of playing files from HDD to Mi box, I'va a NAS drive and I'm struggling to play files over the wifi to my Mi box, any tricks to improve it or is it no go due to tech limitations ??

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Lots of things that can play a part there.
    Bad wifi signal combined with HD content and every media player will struggle

not far from wifi, couple metres but it is 1080p HD dts file, wired via usb any better ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭ongarite

BobMc wrote: »
    Speaking of playing files from HDD to Mi box, I'va a NAS drive and I'm struggling to play files over the wifi to my Mi box, any tricks to improve it or is it no go due to tech limitations ??

No issues for me but I'm using 5 GHz channel AC wifi on my Mi Box.
    The 2.4 Ghz wireless channel is very congested, prone to random interference from other routers, repeaters, microwaves, baby monitors, etc..
    You might only get 60 Mbps from 2.4 WhFi which is right on the limit of 1080p HD video with high bit-rate video/audio.

If you have an Android phone download an app called WiFi Analyzer & Surveyor to see if any channel (1-13) is free in 2.4 GHz spectrum and change your wireless router to this channel.

• Advertisement

I'll give that a shot, think its set to channel 6 from memory

Hi, I have sideloaded the NordVPN app to the Mi Box. When I open it I need to click a pop-up box to download software. The app is not optimised for android tv. I have tried everything to get to this popup with the mi remote and other downloaded apps but no joy. The app is unusable without the download.

Would an air mouse bring up a pointer so I could select this pop-up?

Thanks.

Hi, I have sideloaded the NordVPN app to the Mi Box. When I open it I need to click a pop-up box to download software. The app is not optimised for android tv. I have tried everything to get to this popup with the mi remote and other downloaded apps but no joy. The app is unusable without the download.

Would an air mouse bring up a pointer so I could select this pop-up?

Thanks.

Try plugging in a regular mouse from your PC if you have one handy. Worked for me when I needed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Can the mi box be connected to Ethernet?

Need to get a box for my dad, was gonna get him the mi, I'm still trying to convince myself to get the nvidia shield!!!

Any opinions appreciated.

Try plugging in a regular mouse from your PC if you have one handy. Worked for me when I needed it.

Tried that already but unfortunately didn't work

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Can the mi box be connected to Ethernet?

Need to get a box for my dad, was gonna get him the mi, I'm still trying to convince myself to get the nvidia shield!!!

Any opinions appreciated.

You would need a USB ethernet adapter. There's a link in a previous post

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Anyone have issues adding apps to mi box or is it simple enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Mods: a lot of addons went down today. Is it OK to say which and Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Maybe post a link to an article?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Not allowed discuss addons here

Advertisement