Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

muffler wrote: »
    I dont wish to derail the thread and I wont comment further on this statement other than to say that streaming from illegal / non-reputable sources is ILLEGAL.

"the European Court of Justice found that set-top boxes and similar devices can infringe copyright if they are sold pre-configured for piracy. The Court also clarified that when users stream content from an illegal source, they too fall foul of the law".

Source

I had missed this 27 April 2017 ruling, it was in a greyish enough area before but they've now made it quite clear. Thanks for sharing!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,775 ✭✭✭✭dahat

It's time to get a new box as I can't seem to be able to updatwy Libre Elec from 7.02.005 for some reason, it has kodi 16.1 which is is giving me problems with hd links via RD with various add ons.

Anyone put forward a reasonably priced box running Libre Elec or Open Elec?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭guideanna

Ok MiBox has arrived. It is not preloaded.

Have netflix and couple of other apps working away no problem but i'm still at a bit of a loss about the side app option workings.
    Do i have to manually look these up and add them one by one or is there an easier way?
    Also does anyone use a side load launcher? Supposed to put your side apps in the main menu like regular apps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

guideanna wrote: »
    Ok MiBox has arrived. It is not preloaded.

Have netflix and couple of other apps working away no problem but i'm still at a bit of a loss about the side app option workings.
    Do i have to manually look these up and add them one by one or is there an easier way?
    Also does anyone use a side load launcher? Supposed to put your side apps in the main menu like regular apps?

What are you looking to load onto it? If just Kodi you can get from PLay store

Mine arrived, I have set up 5%...have it connected to media drive and it works perfect which was main reason for purchase.

I have youtube running on it and thats about it....haven't had time to look at anything else....

Not looking for anything in particular but just not sure how to go about setting it up.
    Haven't had a chance to sit down properly and start looking for apps/side apps but just wondering is that the usual way you would set up the box, like look for each app individually or are there any sources i can access multiple apps to add in the once action?

• Advertisement

guideanna wrote: »
    Not looking for anything in particular but just not sure how to go about setting it up.
    Haven't had a chance to sit down properly and start looking for apps/side apps but just wondering is that the usual way you would set up the box, like look for each app individually or are there any sources i can access multiple apps to add in the once action?

Not 100% sure myself as I havent done either but I know from other devices you are talking about one app at a time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Anyone else here have the 2017 nVidia Shield TV and manage to sideload RTE or 3 players?

Have to say while it's a good device it's a pain in the arse trying to get android apps across to android TV, thought it would work easier

Will get old quick having to manually keep apps updated. Might return it to Amazon and get a new cheap android yoke that works off the phone/tablet android like my Minix that Amazon just refunded me for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Anyone else here have the 2017 nVidia Shield TV and manage to sideload RTE or 3 players?

Have to say while it's a good device it's a pain in the arse trying to get android apps across to android TV, thought it would work easier

Will get old quick having to manually keep apps updated. Might return it to Amazon and get a new cheap android yoke that works off the phone/tablet android like my Minix that Amazon just refunded me for

If you have a rooted phone it's easy back them up on the phone with Titanium then send the apk to a network drive that the shield can access with solid explorer.

If you have a rooted phone it's easy back them up on the phone with Titanium then send the apk to a network drive that the shield can access with solid explorer.

Well funny you say that I was doing it a round about way. I used a share app to upload an APK to Google drive then uses ES file explorer to download and install to the shield

It works for a few apps bit when I tried the RTE and 3 player then just crash on the install can't fathom it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Do you have google chrome installed on it yet?

• Advertisement

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Do you have google chrome installed on it yet?

Yes I do mate. I went to the play store using chrome and it shows as "installed" when I tried it that way hmmm

Also says the app isn't compatible with this device sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

I was about to pull the trigger on another Minix U1 when I decided to see what firmware was out there for my old Minix x8 and Minix x7.

I upgraded the Minix x8 to the latest official Minix firmware and it is grand, much better network speeds for streaming.

I wasnt expecting much for the x7 seeing as it is must be 4 years old, but I updated the Kernel and installed Wasser 3.06.

It now has Android 5.1 and I could install Kodi 17.3 on it, it can now achieve 1080p which it couldnt before!

So the lesson is check what firmware upgrades are out there before you trade up!

Sorry to ask this as I know it was posted before but for life of me I cannot find

I have the miBox and want to invest in USB ethernet, is there specific adapter people are using? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭BobMc

I bought this adapter as someone here had mentioned it

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Ugreen-USB-3-Port-USB-Hub-with-10-100Mbps-Ethernet-RJ45-Port-Lan-Network-Adapter-/131867603199?hash=item1eb3ebf0ff:g:UaIAAOSwIgNXvpP-

very impressed, plug and go, was struggling to play movies from my NAS, no problem now.

I've since ordered a 2nd adapter as I've another unboxed Mi box to set up

I have a MiBox but i'm having an issue with the progress bar while watching.
    Programmes start and the bar disappears fine, but if i have to pause, rewind etc during the bar does not disappear again.

Anyone have this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

BobMc wrote: »
    I bought this adapter as someone here had mentioned it

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Ugreen-USB-3-Port-USB-Hub-with-10-100Mbps-Ethernet-RJ45-Port-Lan-Network-Adapter-/131867603199?hash=item1eb3ebf0ff:g:UaIAAOSwIgNXvpP-

very impressed, plug and go, was struggling to play movies from my NAS, no problem now.

I've since ordered a 2nd adapter as I've another unboxed Mi box to set up

The headline says USB 3 but pics and description indicate USB 2.0 with 100 Mbps max - if you could confirm please.

not sure to be honest, I'll check to see if I kept any of the packaging to confirm

Just read description, i think they are referring to the 3x usb ports it gives when plugged in more than USB 3.0, i'd say its usb 2.0

i think they sell a usb 3.0 version too

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

BobMc wrote: »
    Just read description, i think they are referring to the 3x usb ports it gives when plugged in more than USB 3.0, i'd say its usb 2.0

i think they sell a usb 3.0 version too

Thanks for that - you're right, my misread. (The USB 3.0 is £17 on Amazon UK or €16.86 Aliexpress with wait.)

Hi lads!!

My box is done for so need a new one that runs 17.0 at least due to the https issues on 16.0.

Anyone know decent sellers on Adverts or B & M ones as can't wait too long for one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

If you buy from Amazon it will be delivery very quick.

yabadabado wrote: »
    If you buy from Amazon it will be delivery very quick.

Indeed, just to find one worth buying now. Budget around €80

Oat23 wrote: »
    Cheapest I have found is this guy who ships from one of those fulfillment centres in Manchester for €80 delivered. It does take about 5-6 days for them to ship though and then 2 days for An Post to deliver it express. I ordered on the 29th and received it on the 9th of May.
    Bump.

Mi Box for 80 and about a week to receive it.

Beelink GT1 Ultimate is on amazon for around €80 last time I looked or about 60 quid from Gearbest.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Bump.

Mi Box for 80 and about a week to receive it.

Suspect reviews on this? Haven't been on thread when it was discussed, actual user reviews better?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭BandMember

branners69 wrote: »
    I was about to pull the trigger on another Minix U1 when I decided to see what firmware was out there for my old Minix x8 and Minix x7.

I upgraded the Minix x8 to the latest official Minix firmware and it is grand, much better network speeds for streaming.

It now has Android 5.1 and I could install Kodi 17.3 on it, it can now achieve 1080p which it couldnt before!

So the lesson is check what firmware upgrades are out there before you trade up!

Two things:

(1) Why would you go for a U1 when the new model, U9, is already out?

(2) Did you do those firmware updates OTA? I just checked mine, X-8H, and my box is up to date but still stuck on 4.4.2..... :(

dahat wrote: »
    Suspect reviews on this? Haven't been on thread when it was discussed, actual user reviews better?

A lot of lads here seemed impressed with it when posting about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

BandMember wrote: »
    Two things:

(2) Did you do those firmware updates OTA? I just checked mine, X-8H, and my box is up to date but still stuck on 4.4.2..... :(

Beta is released. So hopefully OTA will soon be arriving.

http://minixforum.com/threads/x8-h-plus-lollipop-rc-firmware-june-2017.16633/

BandMember wrote: »
    Two things:

Would get the U1 as have one already, so future updates (non Minix OTA) could be done to both boxes! When I looked the U1 was €50 cheaper and included a decent air remote. The U1 has had more time for firmware upgrades to iron out any problems!

No, not OTA. Had to use the otg port! I might see what Wasser has for the x8. As I am very impressed with the x7 with Kodi 17.3. Only thing not working is Netflix.

• Advertisement

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Beta is released. So hopefully OTA will soon be arriving.

http://minixforum.com/threads/x8-h-plus-lollipop-rc-firmware-june-2017.16633/

That is only for the x8h plus, the other x8 versions are getting nothing!

Advertisement