Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Hey All, can anybody recommend an adriod box for sub €50 including delivery. Preferably shipped within Europe.
    Just looking for it to stream off Netflix/Amazon Prime/You tube/etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Hey All, can anybody recommend an adriod box for sub €50 including delivery. Preferably shipped within Europe.
    Just looking for it to stream off Netflix/Amazon Prime/You tube/XXXXXX etc.

Seriously it is in title of thread

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Seriously it is in title of thread
    Yawn, got to love the unhelpful pedants on boards, I wasn't discussing illegal streams. But in any case I removed the name of the offending app

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

yabadabado wrote: »
    Beelink GT1 Ultimate is on amazon for around €80 last time I looked or about 60 quid from Gearbest.

I agree with 2gb ram. Look for the the one mentioned above. Its a decent enough box.

Yawn, got to love the unhelpful pedants on boards, I wasn't discussing illegal streams. But in any case I removed the name of the offending app

Sorry I forgot it was the school holidays.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭BandMember

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Beta is released. So hopefully OTA will soon be arriving.

http://minixforum.com/threads/x8-h-plus-lollipop-rc-firmware-june-2017.16633/

Thanks, but that's for the next model up - the X-8H Plus, which isn't what I have unfortunately.
    branners69 wrote: »
    That is only for the x8h plus, the other x8 versions are getting nothing!

Aw man..... :(

Yeah, we love the people who stroll in here without doing any research and expect people do all the work for them while posting stuff which could get the thead closed.... :rolleyes:

Mods: If that last comment is out of line, I apologise and will delete it - but I'm aiming it at the post, as we get a lot of them on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,775 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Anyone else having issues with 16.1 and hd/1080 links not playing? Unable to update box to 17.0 so I guess it's a bin job.

What box are ye using on 17.0 without the https issue?

dahat wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues with 16.1 and hd/1080 links not playing? Unable to update box to 17.0 so I guess it's a bin job.

What box are ye using on 17.0 without the https issue?

Try installing SPMC and/or FTMC before you throw it in the bin - you can leave Kodi on it, simply installed them alongside it and they should work for you.

BandMember wrote: »
    Try installing SPMC and/or FTMC before you throw it in the bin - you can leave Kodi on it, simply installed them alongside it and they should work for you.

My box is a minimx running Libre Elec but I cannot seem to access box via samba share to update it. There also seems to be no manual way to update it as I can't seem to find the recovery button to use toothpick method.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,182 ✭✭✭batistuta9

My box is a minimx running Libre Elec but I cannot seem to access box via samba share to update it. There also seems to be no manual way to update it as I can't seem to find the recovery button to use toothpick method.

Do you not have a program add-on, librelec configuration? Will it not update from there or can you ssh to the box

That https issue only effected android afaik.
    Some addons are a bit, fûcked at the minute that might be why you can't get them to play

• Advertisement

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Do you not have a program add-on, librelec configuration? Will it not update from there or can you ssh to the box

That https issue only effected android afaik.
    Some addons are a bit, fûcked at the minute that might be why you can't get them to play

When I enter the \\ipaddress to access the box to update libreelec it's says it isn't discoverable. Really odd.
    It's the RD links that won't play for me across all add-ons.

Thanks, but that's for the next model up - the X-8H Plus, which isn't what I have unfortunately.

Aw man..... :(

Yeah, we love the people who stroll in here without doing any research and expect people do all the work for them while posting stuff which could get the thead closed.... :rolleyes:

Mods: If that last comment is out of line, I apologise and will delete it - but I'm aiming it at the post, as we get a lot of them on this thread.

Eh that's kinda the point of forum's and threads, to help people and give advise from their experience

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Eh that's kinda the point of forum's and threads, to help people and give advise from their experience

Aye, but not to spoon feed them ?

eamonnq wrote: »
    Aye, but not to spoon feed them ?

What is wrong with you peps, all I asked was could somebody recommend an android box for sub €50, I made a mistake by mentioned a certain app but nothing about how to install which I corrected.

Didn't realize you had to be an expert on all things android before you can post in this forum

Did you have a look for any android boxes sub €50 yourself ?

What is wrong with you peps, all I asked was could somebody recommend an android box for sub €50, I made a mistake by mentioned a certain app but nothing about how to install which I corrected.

Didn't realize you had to be an expert on all things android before you can post in this forum

No experts required but take 5 mins and read back over the thread. Multiple times the same question is asked.

Also multiple times it is pointed out not to discuss app/addons etc as thread will be closed.

Have a look on ebay/adverts/amazon. If you find a box you like then search for name on here. If the box is not discussed then you are looking at something which will probably have dodgy firmware and dodgy parts. Majority of the "cheap" boxes are non-branded so the internal parts can be anything so expect loads of issues around firmware etc

Quick hint, don't take any notice of the fully loaded crap they advertise. Most of the boxes you will need to do full factory reset once you receive them so that will wipe everything on it. Look at spec of box

If you like the look of box then ask, majority of the named boxes will have alternative firmwares etc which you can download from freaktab etc which are built for specific work cases....all of this information is given to any new user who requests it on thread...

Firing up a poorly researched and lazy question with illegal material in it will automatically get a lack of responses.

If you really only want to send 50 quid you are on lower scale so in 1GB spec, this will cause issues. Maybe see if you can increase budget and go with something in 2GB, the Nexbox which I have is decent and if you go with 8GB memory you can buy cheap. It comes with decent firmware and you get free downloads.

After that you move up into higher spec and bigger money...

Box I bought: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01IVXXN0Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

BobMc wrote: »
    I bought this adapter as someone here had mentioned it

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Ugreen-USB-3-Port-USB-Hub-with-10-100Mbps-Ethernet-RJ45-Port-Lan-Network-Adapter-/131867603199?hash=item1eb3ebf0ff:g:UaIAAOSwIgNXvpP-

very impressed, plug and go, was struggling to play movies from my NAS, no problem now.

I've since ordered a 2nd adapter as I've another unboxed Mi box to set up

Thanks, have you tried playback over the USB ports on the adapter?

OK thanks, again I just mentioned 1 app which I deleted, no big deal I thought.
    Anyway looking like a decent sub 50 for shipping from withing EU is a none runner.

Seen this on gearbox and looks decent @€;59.62 Xiaomi Mi
    http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_426056.html?wid=4&lkid=10327912

Any thoughts ?

Anyway looking like a decent sub 50 for shipping from withing EU is a none runner.

Any thoughts ?

That is shipping from HONGKONG so expect to pay vat and handling charge on top of that price.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xiaomi-Mi-Box-4K-Google-Android6-0-TV-BOX-HDR-International-Version-Voice-Remote-/122355472779?hash=item1c7cf4598b:g:PS4AAOSw241YhXlS&clk_rvr_id=1244279235002&afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

Claims to ship from Ireland, so should be no 'extras' on top of that price.

Any thoughts ?

The Mi box is one of the boxes that Kodi use for dev on. I have on for production box. It is a bit different than your standard android box. There is no real browser with it, Playstore is limited so you need to side load everything.

Also shipping from china will get hit with customs 9 times out of 10. So the price will grow probably, you can miss customs if you are lucky but really you need to build in the cost

As mentioned if you go back about 5 pages there is link to box by a helpful user on here which is in Europe and the one I bought

• Advertisement

ongarite wrote: »
    There's no way to connect an Ethernet cable to this box though, right? Any box like that, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole...

Any thoughts ?

A couple of posts from earlier in the thread regarding this box.

Any thoughts ?

As has been said repeatedly on this thread, you get what you pay for and if you want a €50 box, fire away - we won't stop you, but you're wasting your money as you're buying rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

If you don't want your heart broke spend around €80.Some good boxs at that price range .

A T8 v2 plus for €92 on Adverts, good or bad deal? Was told these rum well with Libre Elec.

When I enter the \\ipaddress to access the box to update libreelec it's says it isn't discoverable. Really odd.
    It's the RD links that won't play for me across all add-ons.

Were you ever able to access it? Have you mapped it & that?

For RD, look at the addonsforkodi reddit.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭FreshCoffee

I hope this is the correct forum.

Background: I have a Panasonic Viera 'Smart' TV which we have used frequently for family Skype sessions. Unfortunately Microsoft/Skype have decided to discontinue support for the Skype TV App and Panasonic will delete the App from the TV at the end of June. I believe Samsung have already done this on their Smart TVs.

So I am looking at how to replace the TV functionality and some ads for Android Smart TV boxes mention using Skype. However I have read in some places that people have had difficulty getting webcams to work with Skype on android boxes. So my question is has anyone any actual experience using Skype on their boxes and if so could they recommend suitable hardware? I have read through some of the recent posts and the Beelink GT1 Ultimate seems like a nice box but my difficulty is would it work with eg a Logitech webcam?

Were you ever able to access it? Have you mapped it & that?

For RD, look at the addonsforkodi reddit.

I was at one point but for some reason I can't now, really odd.

I was at one point but for some reason I can't now, really odd.

Not sure, maybe the IP of the box changed.
    I never used it on mine, ssh'd a few times but I've no real need now.

Did you see if you've the configuration addon, it offers the updates on mine.

Not sure, maybe the IP of the box changed.
    I never used it on mine, ssh'd a few times but I've no real need now.

Did you see if you've the configuration addon, it offers the updates on mine.

I don't have the configuration add on, my version is 7.02.05 I think. IP address is correct, it's like I don't have administrator privileges either on my network or the box itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Spec wise (S912, Android 7.1, DDR4 etc) this looks quite decent for about €45.

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/R-TV-BOX-S10-KOD17-3-DDR4-2GB-eMMC-16GB-TV-Box-381396.html

Note: Consider 3-4 weeks delivery time and if hit with custom then another €15-20

3gb version is around €62.
    http://www.geekbuying.com/item/R-TV-BOX-S10-KOD17-3-DDR4-3GB-eMMC-32GB-TV-Box-381393.html

I have not used any of these boxes, cant say how good or bad they are,

Advertisement