Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Posts deleted maybe?

I was thinking that alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

there was a dubious request posted up here. had it been left here the thread would have been deleted.

daytob wrote: »
    there was a dubious request posted up here. had it been left here the thread would have been deleted.

A request isn't the worst I guess, a slap on the wrist for the poster would probably have been the outcome, as long as people aren't directly posting said stuff I'm sure it's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

I hold me hands up Gov, it was me!

Anyway inspired by my own request I persisted and used Google instead and found some reps which were not too bad, but of course links etc will be broken no doubt. Its a bit of hassle keeping on top of it all really.

I hold me hands up Gov, it was me!

Anyway inspired by my own request I persisted and used Google instead and found some reps which were not too bad, but of course links etc will be broken no doubt. Its a bit of hassle keeping on top of it all really.

PM me with the question ill see if I can help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,174 ✭✭✭batistuta9

what skin are people using on kodi?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

batistuta9 wrote: »
    what skin are people using on kodi?

Aeon Nox

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Shhh....

^^ You should delete that from your quote as well ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

eamonnq wrote: »
    Aeon Nox

You beast. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

fully loaded me

• Advertisement

Pocoyo wrote: »
    You beast. :D

No, I am a king !! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,772 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Long time Aeon Nox user here especially the Nox Silvo mod with Houdinis clear menu bars, really impressive skin.

Just last few days I have been messing with the Mimic skin, a good simple skin and i like it alot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Quick question, do many of these box's get customs charges added on when ordering from the likes of ali express? Have my eye on two of them in particular (M8S, Tronsmart MXIII S812 2G/8G) But just haven't decided on which one yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭BandMember

kevovek wrote: »
    Quick question, do many of these box's get customs charges added on when ordering from the likes of ali express? Have my eye on two of them in particular (M8S, Tronsmart MXIII S812 2G/8G) But just haven't decided on which one yet.

I bought mine locally (far handier) but I know people who bought theirs online and got hit with customs. There was a previous thread about these boxes and while most people were getting away without paying any customs or charges, there seemed to have been a turn around and a clampdown towards the end of the thread (a few months ago) where everyone was getting hit with them.

One person I know bought an MXIII online on a sale for around €50-60, got hit with customs (around €25) and a release fee from An Post (€7!). It ended up costing the same as if they bought it locally. Hasn't been a great purchase either to be honest, they've had problems with it. So, for the sake of any hassle, problems and no waiting time, I'd shop locally. If the seller is anyways reputable, they'll give you some sort of guarantee and if there's an issue it can be sorted a lot quicker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Can you stream what you have on your pc from these boxes? Particularly the mxq box?

daytob wrote: »
    fully loaded me

do you know what skin?
    eamonnq wrote: »
    Aeon Nox
    dahat wrote: »
    Long time Aeon Nox user here especially the Nox Silvo mod with Houdinis clear menu bars, really impressive skin.

Just last few days I have been messing with the Mimic skin, a good simple skin and i like it alot.

Aeon Nox seems quite popular alright. Does it let you add your own menu/submenu items?

i was using confluence & it's ok, put mimic on there but haven't gotten to tweak it much yet. i don't really like the views it's for the video addons though, i prefer the app drawer look the confluence had

crazygeryy wrote: »
    Can you stream what you have on your pc from these boxes? Particularly the mxq box?

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Anyone ever get this box?
    Pricey but read that its considered the best

MINIX NEO X8 Plus
    http://www.smarttvbox.ie/online-store/boxes/minix-neo-x8-plus-smart-tv-box.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Pangea wrote: »
    Anyone ever get this box?
    Pricey but read that its considered the best

MINIX NEO X8 Plus
    http://www.smarttvbox.ie/online-store/boxes/minix-neo-x8-plus-smart-tv-box.html

Yeah, I got one last January and its a good box, never caused me any trouble and it deals well with anything you throw at it, It was released last year and was top of the range at the time. I ordered mine from China and the exchange rate at the time was approx 1.25 to 1.00, $ to €, so i managed to get it, and an A2 airmouse for about €111.00, Customs added about €27, so I got it all in for €138.

Minix are pretty reputable, so support, firmware upgrades etc are pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭BandMember

Has anyone tried this on their android box? Is it worth trying or will it harm the box (like enabling zero cache would do)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1p2wH1Y77Y

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Lads/lasses.

Unplugged my pipo earlier to plug the Hoover in, and when I was replugging the Lipo back in, something tripped the one of the rules in the meter box (electrical box in the house, not sure if the proper name) resulting in all my downstairs sockets being disabled.

Anyways, box will not power up now whatsoever. :mad:

Could be a fuse or something (as if tripped the switch) not sure, but anyone any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

Lads/lasses.

Unplugged my pipo earlier to plug the Hoover in, and when I was replugging the Lipo back in, something tripped the one of the rules in the meter box (electrical box in the house, not sure if the proper name) resulting in all my downstairs sockets being disabled.

Anyways, box will not power up now whatsoever. :mad:

Could be a fuse or something (as if tripped the switch) not sure, but anyone any ideas?

Sh!t sorry to hear that

Are you still using that dodgy adapter (I am gonna def change it now ) I opened the one I have and there is no fuse in it and everything is loose in it
    Maybe if you try a different adapter (one of them travel ones)
    Did you try a different socket ? could be a fault on the one that tripped the breaker (loose wiring )
    Hope its not to serious

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

enno99 wrote: »
    Sh!t sorry to hear that

Are you still using that dodgy adapter (I am gonna def change it now ) I opened the one I have and there is no fuse in it and everything is loose in it
    Maybe if you try a different adapter (one of them travel ones)
    Did you try a different socket ? could be a fault on the one that tripped the breaker (loose wiring )
    Hope its not to serious

Make sure the adapter is the same amps as the one your replacing, or the box will only show a black screen.

BandMember wrote: »
    Has anyone tried this on their android box? Is it worth trying or will it harm the box (like enabling zero cache would do)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1p2wH1Y77Y

yeah sort of, it's just using advancedsettings.

you can do that yourself without downloading any program. read this http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_the_video_cache
    that's all it's doing, i suppose making it a bit easier.

the video uses 400mb, which you need 3x available, so too high for a 1gb box

i think you should be using advancedsettings anyway, but you need to remember most of the time it's not your end the problems on anyway

Make sure the adapter is the same amps as the one your replacing, or the box will only show a black screen.

It will only be a wall adapter convert from 3 pin to 2 the one I have has no fuse and is very badly made
    Do you suggest I try finding a power adapter that will fit the box

something like this ?

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fecx.images-amazon.com%2Fimages%2FI%2F41U2fioBW8L._SY300_.jpg&f=1

It will only be a wall adapter convert from 3 pin to 2 the one I have has no fuse and is very badly made
    Do you suggest I try finding a power adapter that will fit the box

something like this ?

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fecx.images-amazon.com%2Fimages%2FI%2F41U2fioBW8L._SY300_.jpg&f=1

Was gonna ask the same thing, where would one buy such a thing?

Would love to know if that's the actual problem, or if the box is banjaxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭delph09

Anyone know the brand called tronfy, some of their boxes seems good from the youtube review. I just know some brands like beelink and minix before.

And I want to know that whether most of 4K tv box can play the real 4K video with real effect?

Was gonna ask the same thing, where would one buy such a thing?

Would love to know if that's the actual problem, or if the box is banjaxed.

that one is on amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AMOS-Universal-Universally-Voltage-Replacement/dp/B004YBLD1G

You could look around for a gadget shop where you live Game stop or similar they might have something
    Or try a phone /pc repair shop bring the unit and the power adapter with you and get them to test it

Let us know if you get it sorted
    Im wary of unplugging mine now until I find something to suit

that one is on amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AMOS-Universal-Universally-Voltage-Replacement/dp/B004YBLD1G

You could look around for a gadget shop where you live Game stop or similar they might have something
    Or try a phone /pc repair shop bring the unit and the power adapter with you and get them to test it

Noticed that one on amazon alright, same one is in argos too (€19.99)

Pissed off that I have to splurge out extra on it, but it'll be a nightmare trying to get it back to China for warranty ffs.

• Advertisement

Noticed that one on amazon alright, same one is in argos too (€19.99)

Pissed off that I have to splurge out extra on it, but it'll be a nightmare trying to get it back to China for warranty ffs.

Did you try opening the socket adapter they sent ?
    the terminals in it could be loose one of the pins might not be making contact mine was sparking when I got it so I had a look like i said no fuse but every thing seemed loose I just put it back together as best i could and it worked fine ( still dont trust it )

Advertisement