Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

Fairly new to this so could anyone tell me if this box is decent for the price? Also, has anyone ever purchased from this crowd and are they reliable?
    Thanks in advance :)

https://www.androidtvboxes.ie/product/x92-android-tv-box-3gb32gb-octa-core-top-range-copy/

Gearbest sell it for €72.94 (around €99 if caught by customs - so poor value at €150 even with minimal waiting). Looks like androidtvboxes.ie are charging €20 for the keyboard - same for under €6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

styron wrote: »
    Gearbest sell it for €72.94 (around €99 if caught by customs - so poor value at €170 even with minimal waiting). Looks like androidtvboxes.ie are charging €20 for the keyboard - same for under €6

Wow, fair play, thanks for that pal, much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Fairly new to this so could anyone tell me if this box is decent for the price? Also, has anyone ever purchased from this crowd and are they reliable?

https://www.androidtvboxes.ie/product/x92-android-tv-box-3gb32gb-octa-core-top-range-copy/

Way over priced,everything on that site looks to be too expensive.

What's your budget and want will you use the box for?
    Streaming ,gaming etc

yabadabado wrote: »
    What's your budget and want will you use the box for?
    Streaming ,gaming etc

Hi mate, budget would be around 180 euro. I'm not into gaming, so it's just for box-sets, movies and streaming football.

• Advertisement

Hi mate, budget would be around 180 euro. I'm not into gaming, so it's just for box-sets, movies and streaming football.
    I don't think you will need to spend anywhere near 180 for your needs.

If you want it quick and don't wanna go via China The Fire TV at £80 Is a good buy.It plays Netflix which many boxs don't.Biggest downside in my opinion is all the amazon bloat on it.Many apps need to be side loaded but I don't think that's a major con as there is loads of online guides/videos.

I have the Minix U 9 and very happy with it .Got it from Gearbest and took about 3 weeks for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭BandMember

Hi mate, budget would be around 180 euro.

Stay away from that website you linked - full of completely overpriced rubbish. For that budget, get yourself a Minix Neo U9 or a Shield. Don't bother looking at anything else if you can afford one of those boxes - best on the market IMHO.

Two quick tips to help you out: Make sure that you get yourself a proper airmouse with a keyboard though, trust me! ;) Also, connect it to your router with either an Ethernet cable or homeplugs for a vastly more stable performance.

Minix U9 and Air 3 Airmouse is 150 dollars on Gearbest.Get it sent to Parcel Motel. Will take about 3 weeks but will have it delivered for around €130

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Invincible

Minix U9 and Air 3 Airmouse is 150 dollars on Gearbest.Get it sent to Parcel Motel. Will take about 3 weeks but will have it delivered for around €130

Good price, considering it's $141.99 on banggood, without A3.

Thanks everyone for the help. Just checking that I have got the right items here, are these the 2 things that you're suggesting and will they definitely work with each other (is this air mouse compatible with this box?). - Thanks again for all the advice :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06XBGLTP6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A1E4CGXKGMV666&psc=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LL5NJLE/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A39GQ79E8WFC9J&psc=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

Needs to be said as there's no basis for paying HM customs through Parcel Motel - if it's stopped in the UK, you'll likely lose it.

styron wrote: »
    Needs to be said as there's no basis for paying HM customs through Parcel Motel - if it's stopped in the UK, you'll likely lose it.

Yeah that's true and I shoukd have added in the OP pay the few dollars for insurance on Gearbest.
    I have yet to have anything stopped by HM customs when going via PM but that's not to say someone else won't.

Thanks everyone for the help. Just checking that I have got the right items here, are these the 2 things that you're suggesting and will they definitely work with each other (is this air mouse compatible with this box?). - Thanks again for all the advice :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06XBGLTP6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A1E4CGXKGMV666&psc=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LL5NJLE/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A39GQ79E8WFC9J&psc=1
    The air mouse has a USB Receiver so it should work fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 thelynchs

Aliexpress doing a flash deal on the minix today at 2 pm €200 reduced to €122 from minix official store. At 8pm the H96 pro plus is starting at €36 for anyone interested.

thelynchs wrote: »
    Aliexpress doing a flash deal on the minix today at 2 pm €200 reduced to €122 from minix official store. At 8pm the H96 pro plus is starting at €36 for anyone interested.

If that H96 is legit buy it .€36 you can't go wrong.
    Have you got a link to that ?

thelynchs wrote: »

But it's Aliexpress.... Plus, there's the whole customs thing. Looking at Amazon, I see the prices have dropped and it seems to be the quicker and safer option as there doesn't seem to be much difference in the price....

If that H96 is legit buy it .€36 you can't go wrong.
    Have you got a link to that ?

It's on the android app bud, flash deals, change to 8pm. Looks like the 3GB + 32GB with a rii will be roughly €65

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

BandMember wrote: »
    But it's Aliexpress.... Plus, there's the whole customs thing. Looking at Amazon, I see the prices have dropped and it seems to be the quicker and safer option as there doesn't seem to be much difference in the price....

If the price is roughly the same and you want it fast, amazon's yer man. If you save a few bob and don't mind waiting, ali's great. Wouldn't fear customs too much...got a drone delivered last month, in a massive package, no customs at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

BandMember wrote: »

The price for a whole heap of things is now equal or cheaper on Amazon.
    Coupled with the ever increasing prices on Aliexpress, Amazon is definitely the better option.
    Chinese stores used to be great but now they are pretty much the same.

Taobao, TVCMall, DHGate, 1688 are the cheapest (by miles) i find, although not all straight forward to use, they can take a bit of a learning curve, and with TVC and DHgate it is often bulk sales only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭Nollog

How do you all feel about the tanix tx8 max box?

Anyone have it, any issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭omeatheopian

Sorry for repetition though got dizzy reading through the above posts....
    Never had an android box before and want one for sport TV boxsets etc.
    Open to spending up to 150, though not unnecessarily either.

Can anyone recommend which Box to go with and where to purchase?

Are the ones being sold on adverts.ie overpriced ?

If you have 150 to spend I'd go for the Minix U9.You will have change out of €150 and it's up there with the best available.
    I'm sure posters will be able to recommend other boxs as well ,I'm using the U9 a few months and very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

If you have 150 to spend I'd go for the Minix U9.You will have change out of €150 and it's up there with the best available.
    I'm sure posters will be able to recommend other boxs as well ,I'm using the U9 a few months and very happy with it.

Minix are more expensive than other boxes with similar specs and hardware, but my X8H Plus is still going strong after 2 and a half years, takes everything I throw at it, it's run everything without a hitch. I'm almost disappointed by it's resilience, no excuse to go shopping for its replacement!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Invincible

/\/ollog wrote: »
    How do you all feel about the tanix tx8 max box?

Anyone have it, any issues?

Never heard of it.
    This one has been recommended on some Kodi forums:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/VIGICA-Android-Marshmallow-Amlogic-S905X/dp/B06XTLKZWN/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1504393162&sr=8-3&keywords=x96

corwill wrote: »
    Minix are more expensive than other boxes with similar specs and hardware, but my X8H Plus is still going strong after 2 and a half years, takes everything I throw at it, it's run everything without a hitch. I'm almost disappointed by it's resilience, no excuse to go shopping for its replacement!

Couldn't agree more - have a Minix older and longer than that, it's still working perfectly and not a bit of bother with it. At this stage, I really want to upgrade, but I have no reason to as there is no need to as the box is perfect. It would only be upgrading for the sake of it, but it's a great position to be in! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Sorry for repetition though got dizzy reading through the above posts....
    Never had an android box before and want one for sport TV boxsets etc.
    Open to spending up to 150, though not unnecessarily either.

Can anyone recommend which Box to go with and where to purchase?

Are the ones being sold on adverts.ie overpriced ?

For a little more then 150 you can get the 16gb nvidia shield, don't think any of the cheap boxes come close. Easily future proofing yourself for the next couple of years.

The Shield is the best box but the cheapest Iv seen it is around €210 .Thats a lot more than a little over €150.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

The Shield is the best box but the cheapest Iv seen it is around €210 .Thats a lot more than a little over €150.

True but the shield is future proof, I wouldn't spend 150 on any of the other boxes, better off getting one for 70/80 as anymore your risking having to buy a new one next year.

• Advertisement

JamboMac wrote: »
    True but the shield is future proof, I wouldn't spend 150 on any of the other boxes, better off getting one for 70/80 as anymore your risking having to buy a new one next year.

Absolute rubbish! While the Shield is indeed a top quality product, it is not the only one on the market. As both myself and others have said in this thread, we have our Minix boxes for years and they are still working flawlessly.

Feel free to buy cheap though, but you will buying again very soon because you will have chucked the box in the bin in sheer and utter frustration when you have nothing but problems with it.... ;)

Advertisement