Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Gearbest usernames and passwords leaked, leaking

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057822217/4/#post105634728

• Registered Users Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I have a Nexbox A5 box but the issue I have is that I have 8 updates but only get download pending it does nothing I have tried updating the play store all and play services manually but nothing works that I have found online anyone get this and any working fix?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I have a Nexbox A5 box but the issue I have is that I have 8 updates but only get download pending it does nothing I have tried updating the play store all and play services manually but nothing works that I have found online anyone get this and any working fix?

Not sure, but it sounds like the firmware did not install correctly.

I would factory reset the box, if the same issues reoccurred, i would flash the official rom on to it, or another rom.

Suckit wrote: »
    Not sure, but it sounds like the firmware did not install correctly.

I would factory reset the box, if the same issues reoccurred, i would flash the official rom on to it, or another rom.

I suppose that’s what you get for buying crappy Chinese android boxes very little support once their released not like an Nvidia Shield or good Chinese brands like Xaomi or Beelink. I got it working by removing all playstore updates then I was able to update the apps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭BandMember

I suppose that’s what you get for buying crappy Chinese android boxes very little support once their released not like an Nvidia Shield

I couldn't agree more!! Been said on multiple occasions on this thread that you get what you pay for and not to buy cheap boxes, yet people just roll in, don't read one single post on the thread and post the single most common post on this thread - "gimme a link for a box under €50". Yet they wonder then why they have problems..... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,554 ✭✭✭✭vectra

BandMember wrote: »
    I couldn't agree more!! Been said on multiple occasions on this thread that you get what you pay for and not to buy cheap boxes, yet people just roll in, don't read one single post on the thread and post the single most common post on this thread - "gimme a link for a box under €50". Yet they wonder then why they have problems..... :rolleyes:

OK then
    gimme a link for some thing OVER €50 :D

How about >>> THIS??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

I'm not a gamer so the shield is total overkill and way too expensive for what I use an android box for (IPTV)

Been waiting for this to be released for a couple of months.These guys rebrand their boxes as Dreamlink for the US/Canada market and are considered to be one of the best dedicated IPTV boxes with the bonus of Android 7 installed too.

Around €110 I will be treating myself after Christmas

https://www.formuler.tv/z7plus

BandMember wrote: »

Also a lot of them won’t pay the Netflix licence for 1080P or 4K only or they are not considered proper streaming devices as they don’t run Android TV OS so they can have the latest 4K chipset but you won’t be watching Netflix in 4K on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

If people want to rate the Android boxes, then i would not include Beelink in those rated.

Mind you, to many others (who cannot get their head around rebranding) i would not include Minix either. Not for the money, especially when many Tronsmart (and other) boxes carry identical hardware. Up to the most recent Minix boxes, before they branded the boards (and then started 'manufacturing' motherboards :rolleyes: ).
    They were just lucky with their timing and had good marketing. It has also allowed them to open dedicated user forums and have other owners provide support.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭54and56

Guys,

I've a Minix X7 which just died. One minute it was fine and then it was dead and won't reboot no matter what I try. There is no sign of life (not even an LED light) whatsoever so I'm looking for a media player which will do three primary things:-

1. Have a great WiFi antenna. (I can't run a CAT cable to the location and I can't use homeplugs in my house either so it must have a good WiFi antenna)

2. It must be capable of running an IPTV service I subscribe to via the Perfect Player app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.niklabs.pp&hl=en)

3. Run the popular content apps such as Netflix, Spotify etc.

Any suggestions other than going back and buying another Minix?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

What's your budget?

yabadabado wrote: »
    What's your budget?

Sorry, should have stated that I'm happy to pay up to €150 or so for a quality box with good specs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Ive a Vu+ Duo2 which I bought 3 years ago but Ive not actually used it for over 2 years.

Now Ive moved house and have a dish Im wondering whats the best thing to do with it. PMs would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Sorry, should have stated that I'm happy to pay up to €150 or so for a quality box with good specs.

You could pick up the Nvidia Shield TV 16GB model today for about €180.
    This would put your mind to rest and you'll have a device that can manage almost anything and is still the number 1 Android Box on the market.
    No cheap parts,motherboard,wifi antenna,etc,etc and superb support from Nvidia(always improving the device through firmware support).

You'd be a million miles away from the cheap box brigade and no need to worry about the future of your device i.e. support,longevity,codec support.

bazzz wrote: »
    This would put your mind to rest and you'll have a device that can manage almost anything and is still the number 1 Android Box on the market.
    No cheap parts,motherboard,wifi antenna,etc,etc and superb support from Nvidia(always improving the device through firmware support).

You'd be a million miles away from the cheap box brigade and no need to worry about the future of your device i.e. support,longevity,codec support.

Just ordered it there. It was advertised as £159 but when I went to checkout I changed the delivery address from my Parcel Wizard default to my Dublin address as I'm a Prime Member just to see if they'd ship it to Dublin FOC and not only are they doing that but the price changed to £133.30 which is €155.97 delivered to Dublin.

Maybe I got extra discount because I'm a Prime member?

Anyway, €156 for the 16BG model delivered seems very good - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01NBJ6KZY/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Order confirmation info:

Nvidea1514299654.jpg

Just ordered it there.

You won't look back,a great deal;) Enjoy hassle free streaming,from here on in.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,554 ✭✭✭✭vectra

You won't look back,a great deal;) Enjoy hassle free streaming,from here on in.

Do you have one?
    I am looking to upgrade from a run of the mill android box to something better, and I have certain questions to ask if you would oblige me via messaging?

vectra wrote: »
    Do you have one?
    I am looking to upgrade from a run of the mill android box to something better, and I have certain questions to ask if you would oblige me via messaging?

I have one. Great bit of kit and I'd say I'm not using it near to its full potential.

vectra wrote: »
    Do you have one?

Yep I have,since it launched.PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

Just ordered it there. It was advertised as £159 but when I went to checkout I changed the delivery address from my Parcel Wizard default to my Dublin address as I'm a Prime Member just to see if they'd ship it to Dublin FOC and not only are they doing that but the price changed to £133.30 which is €155.97 delivered to Dublin.

Maybe I got extra discount because I'm a Prime member.
    You don't seem to be paying VAT?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭.red.

branners69 wrote: »

Shhhh.........

How did you figure that out?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

There's no VAT in your screenshot, which Amazon always lists.

Plus, the advertised price is 120% of what you paid for it. UK VAT is 20%. So either it's a massive coincidence or...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

As mentioned, your screenshot has no VAT listed.

Your post is also pretty misleading as most people will pay VAT so getting it for €156 is not an option!"

There's no VAT in your screenshot, which Amazon always lists.

Plus, the advertised price is 120% of what you paid for it. UK VAT is 20%. So either it's a massive coincidence or...

Your post is also pretty misleading as most people will pay VAT so getting it for €156 is not an option!"

Why are yee all so concerned as to what the user Jean paid? As you can see from my original post to Jean,I stated the correct current price for the Nvidia Shield TV.Which is £159.96 / €178...That's still a bargain and it's saying currently only one left.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

OK but I'm not VAT registered or anything like that.

I checked another (bargain) item I purchased on Dec 26th which was a pair of BlueTooth headphones reduced from £49.99 to an advertised price of £18.99 and £18.99 is the price I'm paying. Once again it doesn't show any itemised VAT.

Bertron1514408695.jpg

OK, it does seem to be an error by Amazon.

I just went to buy the last one advertised at £159.96 and once again switched the default delivery address from Parcel Wizard to my Dublin address and changed the delivery timing to free rather than expedited and once again it dropped the price to £133.30 but in the checkout process I could see it had removed VAT so you are right about that.

I guess that may just be applicable to me for some mistaken reason but it might be worth trying for others thinking of buying the device who have Parcel Wizard or Parcel Motel set as their default delivery address.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,179 ✭✭✭batistuta9

You should turn off that auto currency conversion by amazon & just pay in sterling.

& for my help you could pm me your vat scam :D

• Advertisement

If u can get it without Vat fair play.

Advertisement