Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

Tronsmart TSM01 - built in rechargeable & €8 (HK:4-5 weeks) - €16 (GER: approx. a week). Also carries the yabadabado seal of approval

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

styron wrote: »
    Tronsmart TSM01 - built in rechargeable & €8 (HK:4-5 weeks) - €16 (GER: approx. a week). Also carries the yabadabado seal of approval
    Yup still working perfect must be 5 years old now. Good charge out of it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

Hi,

How can I move sideloaded apps to the home screen on a Mi Box please, is there a way or should I use a TV launcher. If I should use a TV launcher could you recommend a free one please?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

iba wrote: »
    Hi,

How can I move sideloaded apps to the home screen on a Mi Box please, is there a way or should I use a TV launcher. If I should use a TV launcher could you recommend a free one please?

Thanks

Sideload Launcher should do the job for you.

bazzz wrote: »
    Sideload Launcher should do the job for you.

Thanks, I actually have that already but I dont see how I can move apps from it to the Home Screen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Thanks, I actually have that already but I dont see how I can move apps from it to the Home Screen

You can't. There is an app called TV app repo that allows you create shortcuts for apps that don't have any

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

It's supposed to just act like an App drawer.So all you're sideloaded apps have a nice convenient shelf space.It's just one click from the Home Screen,so it's handy in that sense.
    There are conversion tools around you can convert the Non Android TV app to appear on the home screen.Maybe something like This might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Suckit wrote: »
    That one you linked to is the Rii i7 rebranded https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Rii+i7

Is on the Chinese sites for around $12 - $14 but again, a few weeks delivery.
    Grand, thanks. That'll do nicely :)

bazzz wrote: »
    It's supposed to just act like an App drawer.So all you're sideloaded apps have a nice convenient shelf space.It's just one click from the Home Screen,so it's handy in that sense.
    There are conversion tools around you can convert the Non Android TV app to appear on the home screen.Maybe something like This might help.

Thanks I was wondering about something like that or this, I think might do teh same thing:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.awe.dev.pro.tv&hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

Our m8 box just died...any recommendation for a cheap replacement.
    Do add its not for gaming...just mainly streaming stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,005 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

https://www.amazon.co.uk/EgoIggo-Android-H-265-Hardware-Decode/dp/B01LYOJWW6/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1518080034&sr=8-9&keywords=2gb+16gb+android+box

Amazon UK so a quick ship. Obviously you'll get cheaper from the far east but you then have the wait and risk of customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,005 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

https://www.amazon.co.uk/EgoIggo-Android-H-265-Hardware-Decode/dp/B01LYOJWW6/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1518080034&sr=8-9&keywords=2gb+16gb+android+box

Amazon UK so a quick ship. Obviously you'll get cheaper from the far east but you then have the wait and risk of customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭BandMember

@tziggy - you cannot name Kodi add ons on this thread, please remove it before it gets closed.

For the record, you don't need a VPN. A Google search will solve your problem, we can't offer you any help here as that would be illegal discussion. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭elbyrneo

Hey guys. My zgemma i55 is starting to show issues. Blue screen of death despite several reflashes. Never was that happy with it, despite being able to install a great epg it was never as solid or as quick as iptv direct on the siptv app on a samsung tv.

Looking to get the very best iptv only experience (no interest in games or add ons or netflix etc)

Just want a slick and clear epg with quick zap time.

Any recommendations? Happy to pay premium for the best out there . Dreamlink T2, one of the top end formuler z boxes? Nvidia shield?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

elbyrneo wrote: »
    Hey guys. My zgemma i55 is starting to show issues. Blue screen of death despite several reflashes. Never was that happy with it, despite being able to install a great epg it was never as solid or as quick as iptv direct on the siptv app on a samsung tv.

Looking to get the very best iptv only experience (no interest in games or add ons or netflix etc)

Just want a slick and clear epg with quick zap time.

Any recommendations? Happy to pay premium for the best out there . Dreamlink T2, one of the top end formuler z boxes? Nvidia shield?

I have the Formuler Z7+, its TVOL App is superb for running IPTV and has a full EPG, there is no better experience. The Dreamlink is just a rebranded Formuler box but the specs on the Z7 are slightly better than the T2.

There has been issues with the EPG loading times but they released a beta fix for this which works great. Full update is due in a week or two

NATLOR wrote: »
    I have the Formuler Z7+, its TVOL App is superb for running IPTV and has a full EPG, there is no better experience. The Dreamlink is just a rebranded Formuler box but the specs on the Z7 are slightly better than the T2.

There has been issues with the EPG loading times but they released a beta fix for this which works great. Full update is due in a week or two

Thanks a mill for that, sounds exactly what I was after. Researching the z7+ now!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

TVOL also on the AVOV and rebadged-with-silly-names boxes

Going to go for the formuler z+. Satworld.ie actually have it for great price of 72euro. Reliable seller of genuine product anyone know??

• Registered Users Posts: 29,440 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Going to go for the formuler z+. Satworld.ie actually have it for great price of 72euro. Reliable seller of genuine product anyone know??

just be aware, full price is (€89.00 inc VAT)

Haven't used them, but its much cheaper here, price includes VAT add €8 for shipping

https://www.megavision.ie/formuler-z.html

Haven't used them either but they take PayPal so well covered

• Advertisement

Haven't used them, but its much cheaper here, price includes VAT add €8 for shipping

Great price. Ordered! Thanks again it looks great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭BandMember

Devices with only 1GB of RAM are recommended to be avoided, get something with at least 2GB to ensure a smooth performance.

BandMember wrote: »
    Devices with only 1GB of RAM are recommended to be avoided, get something with at least 2GB to ensure a smooth performance.

Usually I would agree but in the OP's case 1GB is sufficient for his needs

At €70 it is tempting, but 3 times bitten... Mag Blew. Dreamlink Stopped working after freezes and Avov just got slower and slower and slower - The dreamlink also got slower before freezing started.
    A decent Android box will do the same thing. When it comes to the Formuler - This is my opinion.
    With the obvious exceptions.
    1GB/8GB is more than enough for IPTV boxes, but continual use will show signs of wear and tear like any other, and you don't have all of the options that you have with Android boxes at your disposal, which is not always a good thing.

They (Avov, Dreamlink and Formuler) have all been recommended as 'the latest and greatest' by the same group, who probably have to remain nameless here. The Formuler is just the newest. A ninja who moved to the darkside, has said in their own posts that an Android box was probably the best option, until they started a newer campaign marketing then now named formuler boxes.
    TVOL 4 was uploaded last year in a system dump so i guess it won't be long anyway until it is released in an emulator.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,440 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Suckit wrote:
    At €70 it is tempting, but 3 times bitten... Mag Blew. Dreamlink Stopped working after freezes and Avov just got slower and slower and slower - The dreamlink also got slower before freezing started. A decent Android box will do the same thing. When it comes to the Formuler -

I hear a lot of great things about those mag boxes, I maybe on the market soon myself, considering combo box with iptv capabilities. Currently messing around with a combo box, but doesn't have iptv capabilities

Usually I would agree but in the OP's case 1GB is sufficient for his needs

I actually researched the z7+ after the recommendation and decided to go for that. But then I only went and ordered the z+. Actually a mistake! Was scratching my head when people were suggesting 1gb might not be future proofed, when I had reseArched the z7+ and was sure it had 2gb ram!

Anyway rang up this am and amended the order - just an extra 20euro for the z7+ so a no brainer really.

Will do a post once I have it up and running with experiences

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Has anyone had any experience of these Android boxes ?

https://www.androidtvboxdelivery.ie/product/zoomtak-t8-plus-2-android-tv-box/

threein99 wrote: »
    Has anyone had any experience of these Android boxes ?

https://www.androidtvboxdelivery.ie/product/zoomtak-t8-plus-2-android-tv-box/

Not tried that actual box, but i struggle to see what it could offer over e.g. Xiaomi mi box or many other Android boxes for the higher price. Or if it is the delivery speed.

E.G.
    Boxes available with stalker middleware for €36
    or
    3GB/32GB S912 TX9 Pro for roughly €60
    or
    Xiaomi Mi Box €63

All prices include delivery within 1-2 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Suckit wrote: »
    Not tried that actual box, but i struggle to see what it could offer over e.g. Xiaomi mi box or many other Android boxes for the higher price. Or if it is the delivery speed.

E.G.
    Boxes available with stalker middleware for €36
    or
    3GB/32GB S912 TX9 Pro for roughly €60
    or
    Xiaomi Mi Box €63

All prices include delivery within 1-2 days.

Could you recommend one?

• Advertisement

I would probably go with the Xiaomi Mi Box of those three.

Italy Warehouse - https://www.geekbuying.com/item/-Official-International-Version--XIAOMI-Mi-Box-4K-H-265-Android-Box-387938.html

The Tanix TX2 is a great little box too , especially for the price. If you are not in a hurry you could get it from here.
    https://www.lightinthebox.com/tx2-tv-box-quad-core-rk3229-2gb-16gb-wifi_p5978047.html

I would still probably go with the Xiaomi as it has Android TV.

The other two mentioned in the above post are here (but were just examples):
    https://www.geekbuying.com/item/TANIX-TX9-PRO-KODI-17-3-3GB-32GB-TV-Box-391151.html
    https://www.geekbuying.com/item/MECOOL-M8S-PRO-W-Android-7-1-S905W-2GB-16GB-TV-Box-391189.html

Advertisement