Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

maybe blank it and put stuff on it now? some of the stuff is dying

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭OldRio

Hi. Just a thank you to the regular posters on this site. I was in the market for an android box. Read a few reports on here and eventually splashed the cash on a M8S from amazon.
    Great box and does what I want it to. Though I did my level best to brake it. :D Lost Kodi but thanks to Google and Youtube managed to put the latest Kodi release onto it and installed beast version. (Couldn't get blackbox version to work, but I think I know why)
    If I can install things onto this device then no one should be worried.
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,772 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Good to see someome educate themselves on the workings of Kodi and Android boxes.

Well done and keep learning!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

dahat wrote: »
    Good to see someome educate themselves on the workings of Kodi and Android boxes.

Agreed , took me a while but once I got a box set up with just vanilla Kodi on it for the TV then I could start messing around with the one on my PC . It's by messing around and using youtube to learn that you end up getting more comfortable with it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

anyone interested inn the PIPO X8 might want to check out the PIPO store
    seems they have a X9 version now
    Also in the comments they are talking about a 4gb ram option soon

Thank you for your mail.
    Win10 is licensed.
    Android is a separate system.
    Both system are English.
    PIPO X9 64GB wis pre-order now, and it will be in stock on 28, September, we will arrange your shipment according to your order number when it is avaiable.
    Sorry but it does not support 3G dongle.
    It is equipped with FHD screen, while X8 comes with the HD screen.
    When we got hte 4GB RAM model mini PC, we will release it on our website soon.

http://www.pipo-store.com/pipo-x9.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Trying to watch the sports channels but they just won't work. I'd there a setting I can change or anything ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭BandMember

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Trying to watch the sports channels on (named add on) tv but they just won't work. I'd there a setting I can change or anything ?

Aw man, why do people keep naming add ons in this thread? :( Can they please refrain from doing so or this thread will end being closed!

dahat wrote: »

+1.

I wish that there was a lot more people out there with the same attitude as you! :)
    jonski wrote: »
    Agreed , took me a while but once I got a box set up with just vanilla Kodi on it for the TV then I could start messing around with the one on my PC . It's by messing around and using youtube to learn that you end up getting more comfortable with it .

We all start somewhere and messing around with it while checking out YouTube tutorials and Googling stuff is the best way to do it. Personally, I love the messing about and finding new stuff and new ways to do things! :D

BandMember wrote: »
    Aw man, why do people keep naming add ons in this thread? :( Can they please refrain from doing so or this thread will end being closed!

Sorry first time posting here. Won't mention anything again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Sorry first time posting here. Won't mention anything again

You could also edit your post to delete the named add on.

Just a suggestion mind......

• Advertisement

You could also edit your post to delete the named add on.

Just a suggestion mind......

Done. Could someone pm me any suggestions please

Done. Could someone pm me any suggestions please

If its any consolation, I am having same trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

enno99 wrote: »

Thank you for your mail.
    Win10 is licensed.
    Both system are English.
    PIPO X9 64GB wis pre-order now, and it will be in stock on 28, September, we will arrange your shipment according to your order number when it is avaiable.

Hmm, and it's actually cheaper than the x8 on amazon too.

If its any consolation, I am having same trouble.

With the same box?

With the same box?

No, but against most of my sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭walshy_c

Thank you for your mail.
    Win10 is licensed.
    Both system are English.

Is the only difference between the X8 and the new X9 the bigger and better quality tablet screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Has anybody ever heard of this box ? Its on the Amazon Lighting Deal at the minute.

daytob wrote: »

I thought that those ones were regarded as obsolete at this stage?

To be honest, both boxes look pretty poor and I wouldn't go near either of them as I reckon you will have nothing but problems....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

daytob wrote: »

I just spotted that other one earlier and thought it might be a good second box. Just going to pick up a JBonnet that you mentioned earlier Daytob after my Pipo X8 payment failed so I didn't get that one after.

• Advertisement

walshy_c wrote: »
    Is the only difference between the X8 and the new X9 the bigger and better quality tablet screen?

I think so yes
    I myself would prefer a larger screen and if they stick 2Gb ram more on it that will be better
    Also windows 10 is installed so no upgrading messing around with firmware etc

@ Banjo String I sent you a PM

@ Banjo String I sent you a PM

Sorry enno, was out with the youngest, and then collected the eldest at school.

Got that Pm cheers.

So I pulled the trigger and ordered the Pipo X8 with the Mele f10 air mouse thanks to all the good feedback on both of these here, so thank you guys!

Looking forward to getting it now. I've messed around with Kodi before (that seo micheal fella is a great help), and know a couple apps on android which I use on my phone, but if there is some super secret app I'm missing out would appreciate a pm or email :D

Anyway, thanks to everybody who contributed to this thread, been thinking about getting a box for some time now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Super secret apps. ha ha, no one shares with me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Ordered the MXIII from Geekbuying and asked if they'd mark the item as a gift or reduce the price.

This was the response:
    Hi Charlie,
    Thank you so much for your email .As the shipping method you selected is Registered Airmail .
    in order to avoid the higher tax ,we have declared it as "gift " and value $20 . is it ok for you ?
    Your package is being processed.Once the package was shipped,you will receive an email with the tracking number.
    If you have any question ,please feel free to contact us .
    Have a nice day
    Best wishes
    Dora

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭masterboy123

This worked out well for me.

I didnt have to pay any other postal/duty charges.
    Charlie19 wrote: »
    Ordered the MXIII from Geekbuying and asked if they'd mark the item as a gift or reduce the price.

This was the response:

Benzino wrote: »
    So I pulled the trigger and ordered the Pipo X8 with the Mele f10 air mouse thanks to all the good feedback on both of these here, so thank you guys!

Looking forward to getting it now. I've messed around with Kodi before (that seo micheal fella is a great help), and know a couple apps on android which I use on my phone, but if there is some super secret app I'm missing out would appreciate a pm or email :D

Anyway, thanks to everybody who contributed to this thread, been thinking about getting a box for some time now :)

Pm sent

Benzino wrote: »

PM sent

• Advertisement

Pm sent
    PM sent

You are both legends, thanks very much! Really appreciate it!

P.S.
    anigif_enhanced-29489-1407159049-4_preview.gif

Advertisement