Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Looking to replace my WeTek Play 2 for a similar device/specs. (WeTek have more of less stopped supporting this)

Not too worried about cost, Andoid based with DVB-S2 tuner/s and ethernet. 4k would be a big bonus.

Have you looked at the Formuler?

https://www.formuler.tv/category-4k-android-hybrid
    https://www.amazon.de/Formuler-Android-Satellite-Receiver-NA-Digital/dp/B076CLD67K

https://www.formuler.tv/s-turbo
    https://www.amazon.de/Formuler-Android-Receiver-150Mbit-NA-Digital/dp/B076CJP3DN

https://www.formuler.tv/specs-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Thomyokk

Hi
    I have a new h96 pro + box

There's no restart option when you press the power button,my other h96 box has it?

Also I have to keep pressing the power button to get it to turn back on,it takes an age

Any ideas what's wrong?

Thomyokk wrote: »
    Hi
    I have a new h96 pro + box

There's no restart option when you press the power button,my other h96 box has it?

Also I have to keep pressing the power button to get it to turn back on,it takes an age
    Any ideas what's wrong?

You may need a different rom.

If you are unsure about doing that, you could try one of these.

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=reboot&c=apps&authuser

As for the power button, it could be the remote. Have you tried the remote from the other box with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Thomyokk

Suckit wrote: »
    You may need a different rom.

If you are unsure about doing that, you could try one of these.

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=reboot&c=apps&authuser

As for the power button, it could be the remote. Have you tried the remote from the other box with it?
    Thanks I installed the app

• Registered Users Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Lads can anyone suggest a good 3/4 gb ram box please ? Cheers..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Nvidia Shield :p sorry you didn't give a budget

With black Friday coming keep an eye out for discounts. Some in the Shield thread have been buying them in the States with a free Amazon dot using Addresspal

With black Friday coming keep an eye out for discounts. Some in the Shield thread have been buying them in the States with a free Amazon dot using Addresspal

Is it ? Let me check it out...i know shield is best in the business...i was looking for a cheaper option...

Is it ? Let me check it out...i know shield is best in the business...i was looking for a cheaper option...

Yeah I think it works out at €160 delivered to here with the dot. The Shield is pricey but is the most powerful box you can buy and has great support.

Yeah I think it works out at €160 delivered to here with the dot. The Shield is pricey but is the most powerful box you can buy and has great support.

Might wait for black friday...150 gbp expected likelast time..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Shield with remote and controller now £149.99 on Amazon.co.uk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I am noticing that the Play Store on the Nvidia Shield is quite limited in comparison to other android boxes . Not as easy to install simple things like the All4 Catchup player or the RTE Player .

jonski wrote: »
    I am noticing that the Play Store on the Nvidia Shield is quite limited in comparison to other android boxes . Not as easy to install simple things like the All4 Catchup player or the RTE Player .

It's official Android TV not a hacked version of touchscreen Android from a tablet you get on generic Android boxes therefore only apps made to officially support Android TV will be in the play store. Sideload Aptoide TV for a full app store.

They're is no working RTE player and I think there are issues with the sideloaded all4 app because they don't bother to make a version for Android TV

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Invincible

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭kenkin

is the above a decent box

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭BandMember

kenkin wrote: »
    is the above a decent box

Even though it seems to be sacrilage to say it on this thread, I found the Mi Box to be a piece of crap and had nothing with problems with it (as did othes here) before binning it. Now, I know that I'll be shouted down.....again.... :pac:.....but....IMHO....there are far better boxes out there, don't waste your time on the cheap stuff that's more trouble than it's worth...

BandMember wrote: »
    Even though it seems to be sacrilage to say it on this thread, I found the Mi Box to be a piece of crap and had nothing with problems with it (as did othes here) before binning it. Now, I know that I'll be shouted down.....again.... :pac:.....but....IMHO....there are far better boxes out there, don't waste your time on the cheap stuff that's more trouble than it's worth...

I've said this before, I have a Mibox on a 1080p TV working fine where it was nothing but trouble connected to my mother's 4k. It's fine as long as you're not expecting it to stream 4k. I'm able to direct play a ~35mbit 1080p Blu-ray using Emby without issue.

The newer version is available for the same price anyway. So probably the better choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

BandMember wrote: »

Name the better box around the same price point ?

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

Mecool M8S 2GB Ram/16GB Rom, 7.1.1 (no voice control) for €24.23 - should be customs-exempt.

*edit - not a response to better box around same price point.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭adaephon

Right guys after missing the boat on the Nvidia shield on cyber Monday, thought I bought it and only added it to basket.

Any good prices on it around or any other options to explore. I have an older mxq that's driving me bonkers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭tomplate

H96 pro +

S912 box with 3GB ram

I've bought 2 off Amazon for about 60 each

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭adaephon

Hey All, what do you think of this for value for money, is it decent? Was going to get one for myself and one the father?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Android-RK3328-2-4GHz-Resolution-Bluetooth/dp/B07K76QB3J/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1544199460&sr=8-6&keywords=android+tv+box+5ghz+wifi

Anyone any experience with it? Seems to have decent spec and connects to 5ghz wifi aswell as being on android 8.1 with plenty of RAM and ROM

• Registered Users Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Barr wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the Zappiti 4k box is like?

I have just got a 4k TV and looking for something to go with it :)

Just bumping this post, any opinions on the Zappiti boxes? They look the biz.

Anyone here have one? French I belive.

http://www.zappiti.com/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭droidman123

Just bumping this post, any opinions on the Zappiti boxes? They look the biz.

Anyone here have one? French I belive.

http://www.zappiti.com/index.html
    Just looking at amazon it gets mixed reviews,i was looking at the zidoo z10 myself,looks good(i dont post links on this two bob site anymore) a quick google will do it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭BowWow

Just looking at amazon it gets mixed reviews,i was looking at the zidoo z10 myself,looks good(i dont post links on this two bob site anymore) a quick google will do it for you.

I had a Zidoo box, waste of money, absolutely no support. Now have a minix - difference is night and day when it comes to support.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭droidman123

BowWow wrote: »
    I had a Zidoo box, waste of money, absolutely no support. Now have a minix - difference is night and day when it comes to support.

Which zidoo was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭BowWow

Which zidoo was it?

X6 Pro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Ultros

Could anyone recommend an android box for around 50 that delivers to Ireland from amazon? Be used for streaming TV only

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭.red.

Hi folks, I've posted this in the main forum but then realised it was very quiet there so threw it here too as a lot of people probably have the thread followed.
    Bit of a strange one here.
    I've 2 Minix Neo U1 boxes. Living room and kitchen. Last 3/4 days the one in the living room has been loosing WiFi intermittently. Could be after 2 mins, or might work for 20 but it would eventually loose signal. It would always come back after 20/30seconds. Figured it was on its way out after 2 years so I brought the box from the kitchen in.
    Now that's loosing signal, whilst the other box is working perfectly in the kitchen.
    I can't get my head around it. There's nothing new plugged in (anywhere in the house), the modem location hasn't moved. Everything is the same as it was.

Any ideas?
    I can't run a cable into it cos of where it is. Home plugs might not work either as the modem is plugged in thru an extension lead and they supposedly affect the home plugs. I don't want to buy them on the chance they don't work.

Edit,
    Just to add, phones and tablets in the same room don't loose signal. It's literally just the box in the living room with the issue, the one in the kitchen is fine.

Advertisement