Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

dahat wrote:
    Look for Kerbers Open Elec builds on Google.

dahat wrote:
    MXQ and bang Open Elec on it, away for slates then.

Available on amazon for £27...any other place where it would be cheaper ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Has anybody used the Mele F10 Deluxe mouse with Kodi on Windows? Just got it today, and very impressed with it but the right click button doesn't appear to work most of the time (works 100% when in windows, but not when in Kodi).

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I know nothing about android boxes, so a silly question, but can you watch normal TV over one of the boxes? Something like freeview or saorview or something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,174 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Benzino wrote: »
    Has anybody used the Mele F10 Deluxe mouse with Kodi on Windows? Just got it today, and very impressed with it but the right click button doesn't appear to work most of the time (works 100% when in windows, but not when in Kodi).

Press C

antodeco wrote: »
    I know nothing about android boxes, so a silly question, but can you watch normal TV over one of the boxes? Something like freeview or saorview or something else?

If you add a tuner you could yeah. You get USB ones for DTV.

Go to the htpc forum here, and look at the last few pages of the kodi thread

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

Benzino wrote: »

hi great mouse,press 'c' to right click.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

antodeco wrote: »

Older boxes had 'OTT ANDROID ORR FOR EXAMPLE' (It got so hot you could toast marshmallows on it) and some new ones may have DTV tuners built in,But most have those channels available through apps/addons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Press C
    Pocoyo wrote: »
    hi great mouse,press 'c' to right click.

Ah great thanks, will see if I can map it to the right click button. Loving it so far, just wish the Pipo would hurry up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

Hi Lads,

My Mele F10 finally arrived in the post today (great little yoke, cheers for the recommendation!), so I'm ready to start tinkering with my MXIII G-Box. It has an outdated, non-upgradable version of KODI installed, so I figure I'd start there. Should I upgrade to the 15.2 RC or the 16 developement builds?

I'd also really appreciate a PM from anyone in the know about which addons I should install and any other tips & tricks ;). I've been practicing on my phone using the guides on seo-michael, but there's just so many to choose from. I'd be very grateful for some guidance :).

the last stable release is what you want

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

batistuta9 wrote: »
    the last stable release is what you want

Cool. So I should I just install it from the play store.

yeah or the downloads page on the site

Lads i can see lots of mxq boxes...are they all the same ?? Gearbest vs Amazon ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Simi wrote: »
    Hi Lads,

My Mele F10 finally arrived in the post today (great little yoke, cheers for the recommendation!), so I'm ready to start tinkering with my MXIII G-Box. It has an outdated, non-upgradable version of KODI installed, so I figure I'd start there. Should I upgrade to the 15.2 RC or the 16 developement builds?

I'd also really appreciate a PM from anyone in the know about which addons I should install and any other tips & tricks ;). I've been practicing on my phone using the guides on seo-michael, but there's just so many to choose from. I'd be very grateful for some guidance :).

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

tharmor wrote: »
    Lads i can see lots of mxq boxes...are they all the same ?? Gearbest vs Amazon ?
    Avoid Gearbest if you can - sometimes a bit cheaper but useless if it gets lost or when the power supply fails (common MXQ & Chinese box problem)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Pm sent

Any chance I could get one of those special pm's ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Hey guys. Just got an email this morning confirming that my Android box has been sent. Hope to have it by the weekend (having it for Sunday's epic day of football matches would be great:-))

I've never used one before, so I have no idea how to set it up. Could someone point me in the direction of a website or YouTube channel that could help?

Also, a PM with some advice on the beat apps to install would be much appreciated...

EDIT - It was the Minix Neo X8-H plus that I ordered, if that makes any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

I also have a "fully loaded" MQX in the post from TinyDeal, would also love one of the PM's for best apps please. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭garrincha62

Grateful if anyone could tell me the equivalent/similar spec box on amazon or ebay for this box. I'm being quoted €160 but sure I could get it way cheaper online. Apologies if this has been up before, am total android novice.

ModelT8MaterialMental housing, Good looking and nice and now noise cooling.ColorBlackOperating SystemAndroid 4.4 Kitcat OSCPU Brands AmlogicCPU ModelS802 Cortex A9 R4 2.0 GHzCPU CoresQuad coreGPUMali 450 Octa CoreMemoryDRR3 2GBInternal StorageNand Flash 8GBWifi ConnectivityWi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, 2.4GHz/5GHz DUAL BANDCameraN/ABluetoothYes3GN/AVideo SupportedVideo Format: AVI, MOV, MP4, MPEG, MPE, MPG, MKV, TS, M2TS, M3TS, M4TS,M5TS, MTS, M4V,DATM2V, ISO, VOB, 3GP 3GPP, 3G2, FLC, FLV, WMVVideo Codec: MPEG 1/2/4, DivX3/4/5, XVID, AVC/H.264, VC-1, WMV,H.263Video System: PAL/NTSC/480p/576p/720p/1080i520Hz/1080i 60Hz/1080p 520Hz/1080p 60HzAudio Supported MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG/OGA, FLAC, APE, AAC/M4A, Dolby Digital, DTS, RMPictureJPG, JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG, TIFHDMI PortStandard HDMI maleHDMI Version1.4aLanguageSimplifiedChinese/TraditionalChinese/English/Japanese/Russia/Polish/Dutch/Italian/French/German/Korean…Customize LanguageAdditional FunctionSoftware: Miracast,XBMC,Airplay,Skype chatting,Picasa,Youtube,Flicker,Facebook,Online movies,etc.Other Interface3 x USB2.0 Host1 x SD/MMC/MS 3 -in-1 card reader1 x AC/DC port1 x 10/100M RJ45 port1 x SPDIF port1 x Audio L, 1 x Audio R, 1 x Vedio,
    Composite Audio/Video; Component(YPbPr); Coaxial(digital audio)Power100~240V AC Input , 10V/2A DC OutputWhat’s in the box?1 x TV box1 x Remote control1 x HDMI cable1 x Power adapter (A right AC Adapter will be sent as your shipping country)1 x User manual

MoodeRator wrote: »
    I also have a "fully loaded" MQX in the post from TinyDeal, would also love one of the PM's for best apps please. :)

Me too!

• Advertisement

antodeco wrote:
    Me too!

which post ? I ordered droibox version of mxq from Amazon for £27.....free delivery n fulfilled by amazon !!

which post ? I ordered droibox version of mxq from Amazon for £27.....free delivery n fulfilled by amazon !!

Sorry, meant the PM!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

For a beginner you can't really go wrong with the black box build.
    It's surprisingly good. Really easy to install. Like it a lot

dahat wrote:
    Look for Kerbers Open Elec builds on Google.

Hi can you help me with any links ? apologies could not find any links...also it seems thr are multiple types of mxq boxes around !!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,772 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Hi can you help me with any links ? apologies could not find any links...also it seems thr are multiple types of mxq boxes around !!

amlinux.ru/image/5.0.8/ Google that and look for the MXQ one listed.

dahat wrote:
    amlinux.ru/image/5.0.8/ Google that and look for the MXQ one listed.

Thanks....can i get android and openelec dual booted on this ?

Anyone recommend a box in the 40-50e price range? Going to give a few of these as Christmas gifts, I'll put my own Kodi build, or maybe just OpenElec on them so just need the box.

MXQ from Amazon for under 30GBP is looking like the first choice at the moment, but i'm worried about the reliability of the power supply so would consider anything else in this price bracket. Shipping from Europe preferred, either Amazon / eBay, or even a Chinese EU warehouse

To add to this, I'm leaning towards the Fire TV stick at 39.99 from Amazon.de, which may be more reliable hardware wise

MXQ from Amazon for under 30GBP is looking like the first choice at the moment, but i'm worried about the reliability of the power supply so would consider anything else in this price bracket. Shipping from Europe preferred, either Amazon / eBay, or even a Chinese EU warehouse

i just got mxq from amazon delivered from UK....assuming its fulfilled by amazon !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,772 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Thanks....can i get android and openelec dual booted on this ?

No mate, you will lose Android so be aware of that before you switch over to OE.

Advertisement