Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Hi trying to download kodi from google play store but its gone, is there anything like kodi that i can use instead.

Download it from their site
    Kodi.tv

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭notfromhere

can you pm me

Thanks NATLOR

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Cripes, was looking for the name of a legal app that is free and offers old movies or movies that didn't do great in the box office. But I can't remember the name of it.
    Searching the play store didn't help
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/collection/cluster?clp=ggENCgtmcmVlIG1vdmllcw%3D%3D:S:ANO1ljIoWiE&gsr=ChCCAQ0KC2ZyZWUgbW92aWVz:S:ANO1ljJghlQ

I found the one I was looking for. It's called Viewster
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.viewster.androidtv

There are others, like sony crackle and popcornflix, but searching for them in countries where they are not yet available just brings up the results above.

Kodi is back up on play store again, thanks again natlor and suckit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭BandMember

Ok, so, despite my advice (and clearly poor salesmanship skills! :pac:) to look elsewhere based on my own personal experience with it, I have someone looking for a Mi Box. Would anyone know what the current model is and where there would be express delivery available, please?

They're going to get an Ethernet adaptor with it, so that's something. Would they be better picking it up locally or online?

Just out of interest, is there any box which has the same Android TV interface as the Shield/Mi Box on the market but has an Ethernet connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Ben Done

BandMember wrote: »
    Ok, so, despite my advice (and clearly poor salesmanship skills! :pac:) to look elsewhere based on my own personal experience with it, I have someone looking for a Mi Box. Would anyone know what the current model is and where there would be express delivery available, please?

They're going to get an Ethernet adaptor with it, so that's something. Would they be better picking it up locally or online?

Just out of interest, is there any box which has the same Android TV interface as the Shield/Mi Box on the market but has an Ethernet connection?

Have seen this recommended, but haven't used it myself (considering buying it for a pal though, so if anyone has one, please let us know):

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MECOOL-KM9-Pro-Android-9-0-TV-BOX-4GB-32GB-S905X2-Media-Player-Dual-Wifi-BT4-0/113733029866

Ben Done wrote: »
    Have seen this recommended, but haven't used it myself (considering buying it for a pal though, so if anyone has one, please let us know):

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MECOOL-KM9-Pro-Android-9-0-TV-BOX-4GB-32GB-S905X2-Media-Player-Dual-Wifi-BT4-0/113733029866

Thanks! That looks like it could be a runner..... Anyone here have any personal experience of this model/box??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Thanks! That looks like it could be a runner..... Anyone here have any personal experience of this model/box??

looks good to me greats specs - looks like its based on a mi box s

= the main issues ive had with older mecools in the past is overheating and switching off if u use the remote 2 much in a short peroid - the other issue is the latest netflix app does not work on them

I've the Mecool KM9 Pro, it's linked in the previous page where I bought it on ebay, I also got two others from Geekbuying. Great box.
    The Widevine licence 3 is not there though, but youtube 4K is and other licences.
    Make sure to get the google certified version.
    It's also the KM3.

E.G. - shipping from Europe https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32993919335.html

• Advertisement

Suckit wrote: »
    I've the Mecool KM9 Pro, it's linked in the previous page where I bought it on ebay, I also got two others from Geekbuying. Great box.
    The Widevine licence 3 is not there though, but youtube 4K is and other licences.
    It's also the KM3.

I just ordered the one I linked above before I read your post - supposed to be UK stock, and it says Widevine L1
    Presume that's the right one?

I just ordered the one I linked above before I read your post - supposed to be UK stock, and it says Widevine L1
    Presume that's the right one?
    Yeah should be.

Yeah should be.

Cheers.
    Is Sideload Launcher still the best way of getting non- Play Store apps onto Android TV devices?

Cheers.
    Is Sideload Launcher still the best way of getting non- Play Store apps onto Android TV devices?
    There are a few ways. I use filelinked.

It's also the KM3.

Thanks for your post. So, you would recommend the box and to order it from that link? I will pass the information on in that case. Fingers crossed for them! ;)

Thanks for your post. So, you would recommend the box and to order it from that link? I will pass the information on in that case. Fingers crossed for them! ;)

Yikess.. :eek: :)
    Haven't tried the ali link yet. That was just an example with EU warehouse shipping.
    This is the seller I first bought from and it was quite fast (also different versions available)
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111339886&postcount=5145

Then I purchased two from Geekbuying with 2 day delivery, but was mainly after the little peace of mind buying from them gave me over an ebay seller. They don't seem to sell the 2GB/16GB version.
    But ebay seller prices went up, and ali seller should be good anyway. My next order will be from there.

Thanks for that, very helpful. Would you have a link for one with the 2 day delivery from Geekbuying by any chance?

Thanks for that, very helpful. Would you have a link for one with the 2 day delivery from Geekbuying by any chance?

Italy Warehouse - https://www.geekbuying.com/item/MECOOL-KM9-Pro-Amlogic-S905X2-Android-TV-9-0-4GB-32B-TV-Box-416575.html
    or
    https://www.geekbuying.com/item/MECOOL-KM3-Amlogic-S905X2-Android-9-0-4GB-64GB-4K-TV-Box-415882.html

(Same box despite the name)

Ok, so, same box, same delivery time but one is €10 cheaper. What am I missing here?? :confused:

Ok, so, same box, same delivery time but one is €10 cheaper. What am I missing here?? :confused:

Size.

The KM3 is 4GB + 64GB
    The KM9 Pro is 4GB + 32GB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Just bought the km9 pro that suckit was talking about.

If you're buying from geekbuying,pay with PayPal and you get 5% off the price at checkout and also use the code GKB02PP and you get an extra 1.80 off the price. Mine pretty much came with free shipping thanks to the code and the 5% off

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭murphthesmurf

I have an LG TV. Am I right in thinking that I could use an app on my TV such as "smart iptv" to do the same things as what these Android boxes do? Such as a TV streaming service (only legal ones obviously)
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

I have an LG TV. Am I right in thinking that I could use an app on my TV such as "smart iptv" to do the same things as what these Android boxes do? Such as a TV streaming service (only legal ones obviously)
    Thanks

Smartiptv app won’t last much longer, not getting any support lately and giving lots of trouble, think the smartstb app is still going ok but the likes of an Android box or Fire stick are far better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Smartiptv app won’t last much longer, not getting any support lately and giving lots of trouble, think the smartstb app is still going ok but the likes of an Android box or Fire stick are far better

Can also try OTT player

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭dougm1970

i have a mi box which doubles up perfectly as a chromecast...nvidia shield does this too.....curious which other android tv boxes can, as most i read about can't seemingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

dougm1970 wrote: »
    i have a mi box which doubles up perfectly as a chromecast...nvidia shield does this too.....curious which other android tv boxes can, as most i read about can't seemingly.

Only ones running official Android TV will have Chromecast. Other Android boxes run Android OS which is the version on touchscreen devices

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭dougm1970

Only ones running official Android TV will have Chromecast. Other Android boxes run Android OS which is the version on touchscreen devices

thanks...is there a list somewhere of official android tv boxes ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

I have an LG TV. Am I right in thinking that I could use an app on my TV such as "smart iptv" to do the same things as what these Android boxes do? Such as a TV streaming service (only legal ones obviously) Thanks

Yes .but you won't be able to install other android based apps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

dougm1970 wrote: »
    thanks...is there a list somewhere of official android tv boxes ?

https://sites.google.com/view/droid-tv/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Gotta say,I bought the mecool km9 pro box on Thursday night,it arrived from Italy yesterday,only getting around to messing with it today and I'm very very impressed with the box so big thanks to Suckit for suggesting it.

I had bought a h96+ about 6 weeks ago and thought it was a laggy pile of crap but so far,I'm loving the KM9

Advertisement