Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 dabrisin

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be available any more on thise site https://www.cyberport.de/gaming/pdp/...ld-tv-pro.html
    Have NVidia stopped making this I wonder ?, as every site I have checked seems to be out of stock. If anyone knows a site where it's available I would be grateful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭corks finest

Suckit wrote: »
    And an Xbox beats the Shield for streaming. It means Kodi for some stuff, but many apps including Netflix, HBO Go, Amazon Prime Video, Plex, Emby, My IPTV Player and many more on it also.
    I can't see the need to justify the price of the Shield on any level.

Streaming via shield much better than via Xbox,no comparison I reckon,( IPTV)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

dabrisin wrote: »
    Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be available any more on thise site https://www.cyberport.de/gaming/pdp/...ld-tv-pro.html
    Have NVidia stopped making this I wonder ?, as every site I have checked seems to be out of stock. If anyone knows a site where it's available I would be grateful.

It's still available, you need to click on the Suckit link, no copy paste.

I don't speak German and when I click on that link and then translate, it says not yet available

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

dabrisin wrote: »
    I don't speak German and when I click on that link and then translate, it says not yet available
    In google chrome translated, it says not yet available, but if you add it to your basket it should still add.
    And you can go forward from there, just click on your basket/shopping cart.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

You need to click the Suckit link

The click "warenkorb"

If you see this:

dc0a4ff3afb291fe7a25b9fafeedba40.png

It is in your shopping basket (warenkorb)

Noch nicht verfurgbar however..... Not yet in stock\available

Might end up buying it and then get it when they finally get it in stock
    Might be better off keeping an eye on that site and amazon to see who have them in stock first.
    Although you them might run the risk of of them getting out of stock immediately because of backorders.

Thanks guys I'll check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭BandMember

Best price I found was on Amazon.de - €219 and free shipping. However, like everywhere else, they're out of stock at the moment so it's just a waiting game for everyone......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

BandMember wrote: »
    Best price I found was on Amazon.de - €219 and free shipping. However, like everywhere else, they're out of stock at the moment so it's just a waiting game for everyone......

The Pro version is currently back in stock with Nvidia UK. Not sure how long it will last.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Both versions on sale there now .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

Hi guys
    Any have a q plus tv box or know how to turn off the on screen clicking sound while moving between apps on screen

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

GY A1 wrote: »
    Hi guys
    Any have a q plus tv box or know how to turn off the on screen clicking sound while moving between apps on screen

go into settings and sounds may be in there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

Nowso wrote: »
    go into settings and sounds may be in there

Cheers
    Tried settings can’t find anything in there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

GY A1 wrote: »
    Cheers
    Tried settings can’t find anything in there

Try the following........
    Go to settings.
    Select Language and Input.
    At the keyboard settings tab, select configure input methods.
    At Android keyboard, select Settings.
    Uncheck Sound on keypress.

Mecool KM3 or KM9 Pro on GeekBuying (Try codes 43QUGMXL or 43QUIMJK from an EU warehouse to drop the price)
    Or
    2GB/16GB version on eBay
    Edited - It's €35 on amazon - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Android-Amlogic-Suport-Support-NETFLIX/dp/B07SJK9F84/

Which one of those Mecool boxs would you recommend?

Much difference bar the storage?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Invincible

Recent box/stick results.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Which one of those Mecool boxs would you recommend?

Much difference bar the storage?
    Pretty much the same, yep. Storage/Ram models the only differences.

Invincible wrote: »
    Recent box/stick results.

stick with my mibox s on android 9 so

Mr.S wrote: »
    Have you tried this on a Shield? I have this installed already and while I can browse content, I’m unable to select content to actually play.

Yes, sorry, needs to be this version or earlier (I've not seen a modded later version yet)

https://apkpure.com/all-4/com.channel4.ondemand/download/600060117-APK?from=details%2Fversion

I haven't read through the results, but searching this thread for all4
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/search/thread/3854154?query=all4 ight get some better results.

• Advertisement

Mecool KM3 or KM9 Pro on GeekBuying (Try codes 43QUGMXL or 43QUIMJK from an EU warehouse to drop the price)
    Or
    2GB/16GB version on eBay
    Edited - It's €35 on amazon - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Android-Amlogic-Suport-Support-NETFLIX/dp/B07SJK9F84/

Stupid question alert! Do you use the power off button to shut down the box or do you just leave it to power down/go into sleep mode, like the Shield/Mi box etc.?

I ask because if I turn it off, it says that it isn't connected to the Ethernet when I turn it back again - I have to restart the box and it picks it up then, which is a bit odd! :confused:

I haven't ever left it to go asleep. I always use the power button (long press) to power off.
    Haven't had any issues with ethernet. Maybe try resetting if it happens again.

I haven't ever left it to go asleep. I always use the power button (long press) to power off.
    Haven't had any issues with ethernet. Maybe try resetting if it happens again.

If I long press the power button, I get 3 options and none are power off - it's just a simple quick (short) press to knock it off (like on a tv remote). How do you mean "reset" it? It's all a bit strange because when I was trying to set up the box first, it couldn't find my network via wifi (couldn't find any network at all) but when I put the Ethernet cable in I was up and running straight away.

BandMember wrote: »
    If I long press the power button, I get 3 options and none are power off - it's just a simple quick (short) press to knock it off (like on a tv remote). How do you mean "reset" it? It's all a bit strange because when I was trying to set up the box first, it couldn't find my network via wifi (couldn't find any network at all) but when I put the Ethernet cable in I was up and running straight away.
    I am doubting myself, but I am fairly sure it is long press, and power off is a option.

I meant factory reset, as losing ethernet connection isn't normal.
    I had no issues connecting any of them to set them up.
    I have set up three. I will be home in roughly 45 minutes and I will double check powering it off. I know it doesn't lose connectivity though, after powering off and on.
    Mine is connected via ethernet to a $15 Chaneve router with Padavan.

Yep, home and powered off, long press brings up [Power Off] [Restart] [Screenshot] on the right hand side of the screen.
    I changed networks and tried it in to front of the house on ethernet too. Powered off by just pressing the remote power once, and with long press for both restart and power off.
    Connectivity stayed all the time.
    I would guess your box might need a hard reset. Pressing power once on the remote just puts it in sleep mode, but not sure why you are having to reconnect to ethernet.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Horace Cope

Hows it going lads, as it seems all the info is here I didnt want to start a whole threat.

I've never had an android box, currently have a pain in my face with virgin and the costs. My contract with them is up and I wont be renewing with them, apart from broadband.

I'm seeing lots of good posts mainly about Nvidia Shield and the firestick then some other boxes. Budget wise I can afford the shield so I dont mind going up to that price.

My question(s) are though which is best, I watch everything, films, play games for the kids, sports. Everything. Is there a fools guide to using these boxes? :o

Any help steering me will be much appreciated. :D

Mecool KM9 Pro is excellent for the price and is google licenced. Italy Warehouse is very fast delivery - https://www.geekbuying.com/item/MECOOL-KM9-Pro-Amlogic-S905X2-Android-TV-9-0-4GB-32B-TV-Box-416575.html

For the IPTV, probably better looking here - https://www.reddit.com/r/IPTV/

Or...... a Mecool K7 - can be purchased in Geekbuying for EUR 114 with shipping cost with the coupon 3UDN6MBK, according to Androidpctv, link at the bottom!!

These hybrid boxes are great because you have both:
    • the satellite/saorview tuners to watch linear TV if you have the aerials previously set-up ,and
    • they give you access to Android apps/ Kodi TV (and by extension IPTV)
    So, what are the specs?
    • DVB Tuners -> Yes it's a combi, so both Satellite (S2) and Saorview
    • Android OS -> Android Pie (so about a year old - and 32-bit Android not 64-bit!!)
    • SoC -> Amlogic S905X2 with Mali-G31 MP2 -> no Mali 400/450 Utgard ****e here, the Mali-G31 is one of the Bitfrost series so well supported by Kodi
    • Decent size RAM -> Yes, 4GB and LPDDR4 at that!
    • Decent Internal Memory -> Yes, 64GB eMMC
    • Both Ethernet & WiFi -> Yes Wifi 802.11ac and ethernet Gigabit, no ethernet adapters needed
    • USB 3.0 -> Yes, both USD 2.0 and USB 3.0
    • MicroSD card -> Yes
    • Downside -> No NETFLIX HD, only get about 540p resolution
    However Suckit, as you say
    Netflix HD isn't officially supported because Mecool previously faked or allowed users to fake widevine level 3 for Netflix.

As it is, there is currently a workaround app that will get it working still, until Netflix and Mecool come to an agreement.I think there is a thread on Freaktab.
    Some reviews

Netflix HD isn't officially supported because Mecool previously faked or allowed users to fake widevine level 3 for Netflix.

As it is, there is currently a workaround app that will get it working still, until Netflix and Mecool come to an agreement.I think there is a thread on Freaktab.

Set up the KM9 Pro.

Excellent box but couldn't get a workaround for Netflix but hopefully Mecool and Netflix will come to some agreement.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Set up the KM9 Pro.

Excellent box but couldn't get a workaround for Netflix but hopefully Mecool and Netflix will come to some agreement.

did you try the two apks posted a page or maybe two back?
    Open black, close when sign in screen appears, then open white from then on.
    Here they are - https://www.mediafire.com/folder/klz83or9tsahs/Netflix_Mecool_KM9_Pro
    Install them both before opening either one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭irishproduce

I've one of the h96 pro plus boxes. Worked fine last 2 years. Now WiFi is gone nuts. Drops anytime a connection attempt is made. Leave it idle and the connection holds. Click something and it drops.
    Anyone encounter that?

• Advertisement

I've one of the h96 pro plus boxes. Worked fine last 2 years. Now WiFi is gone nuts. Drops anytime a connection attempt is made. Leave it idle and the connection holds. Click something and it drops.
    Anyone encounter that?

hard reset may be the best option

Advertisement