Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭.red.

I've one of the h96 pro plus boxes. Worked fine last 2 years. Now WiFi is gone nuts. Drops anytime a connection attempt is made. Leave it idle and the connection holds. Click something and it drops.
    Anyone encounter that?

A set of home plugs with en ethernet cable plugged into the box might sort it?
    You can pick them up relatively cheap now, starting at about €30 and they're usually much better than using WiFi on Android boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭whydoibother

Kodi and exodus and you're sorted
    Not sure why anyone pays for sky anymore

Doesn’t Eir block Kodi and exodus?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

That's almost three years old. Not sure about the latter, but they don't/can't block Kodi.
    Kodi is just a media centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Suckit wrote: »
    That's almost three years old. Not sure about the latter, but they don't/can't block Kodi.
    Kodi is just a media centre.

Eir are blocking many links/sites/ IPTV hosts and 3rd party sources. Vodafone block a small few, Three are not blocking much currently. All can be evaded using a VPN, Smart DNS, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

bazzz wrote: »
    Eir are blocking many links/sites/ IPTV hosts and 3rd party sources. Vodafone block a small few, Three are not blocking much currently. All can be evaded using a VPN, Smart DNS, etc.

Not sure who/what they block, but not Kodi is all I was referring to.

• Advertisement

Suckit wrote: »
    Not sure who/what they block, but not Kodi is all I was referring to.

I wasn't referring to a vanilla kodi? Just the actual 3rd party stuff as I mentioned.

I'm not going to list out actual blocked sources, keeping the thread safe. But I can assure you there are many goto sources being blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭BandMember

I've been with Eir for years and never had any issues with anything being blocked. No idea where you heard that, probably just some scaremongering BS on the internet....

People should use Google to familiarise themselves with what a VPN is and how to use one. One tip of advice though: NEVER go for a free one. You can get a host of excellent options for around €3 a month.

(Please don't name sources or go too much into this here as it's easy to stray into banning territory, as per the thread title ;))

BandMember wrote: »
    I've been with Eir for years and never had any issues with anything being blocked. No idea where you heard that, probably just some scaremongering BS on the internet....

People should use Google to familiarise themselves with what a VPN is and how to use one. One tip of advice though: NEVER go for a free one. You can get a host of excellent options for around €3 a month.

(Please don't name sources or go too much into this here as it's easy to stray into banning territory, as per the thread title ;))

I don't talk **** when it comes to this stuff, I can assure you 100% sources are being blocked .
    They were forced to start blocking sources months before that article...... Due to pressure from the film and TV industry.
    Are you talking to me about listing sources and what not to do? I wouldn't have bothered posting on the thread, if my information was not fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭corks finest

bazzz wrote: »
    I don't talk **** when it comes to this stuff, I can assure you 100% sources are being blocked .
    They were forced to start blocking sources months before that article...... Due to pressure from the film and TV industry.
    Are you talking to me about listing sources and what not to do? I wouldn't have bothered posting on the thread, if my information was not fact.

You're correct, VF and eir throttle back, mostly my VF Siro is unaffected but on occasion it slows

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

HI Lads Siro now available in my neighbourhood and cant wait to get away from Virgin and their crap internet! I like to download and stream among other things and just wondering if theres any difference between siro providers (Sky, Vodafone, Digiweb, Airwire) on streaming/downloading speeds or they all the same?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,421 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

LillySV wrote:
    HI Lads Siro now available in my neighbourhood and cant wait to get away from Virgin and their crap internet! I like to download and stream among other things and just wondering if theres any difference between siro providers (Sky, Vodafone, Digiweb, Airwire) on streaming/downloading speeds or they all the same?

Must be area problem, we ve always been on Virgin, Internet is rock solid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Galway city, way too expensive and way too slow lately

Right lads,
    My trusty minix u1 is starting to slow down and misbehave, similar to how a phone does after a few years.
    Are the Mecool boxes still the ones to get and which model? I'm happy to spend €100/120 for something that will last as long as the Minix. I've had that close to 3 years and it still works fine, it's just slowing up.
    I definitely don't need something as high spec as the Shield but equally, I'm not looking for a cheap and cheerful box either.

.red. wrote:
    Right lads, My trusty minix u1 is starting to slow down and misbehave, similar to how a phone does after a few years. Are the Mecool boxes still the ones to get and which model? I'm happy to spend €100/120 for something that will last as long as the Minix. I've had that close to 3 years and it still works fine, it's just slowing up. I definitely don't need something as high spec as the Shield but equally, I'm not looking for a cheap and cheerful box either.

Would a reset revive it?

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Would a reset revive it?

Do yourself a favour,shield,shield, shield,,,,2nd hand if need be

Was just shown iptv app, no box required, well impressed

Would a reset revive it?
    Maybe, I was gonna do one last week to see and for some reason decided not to.
    Ive actually got 2 U1's and the other one works perfectly but is rarely used so I might just swap them.

Do yourself a favour,shield,shield, shield,,,,2nd hand if need be
    I'd rather buy new and I'm not spending €200+ when it's totally overkill for what I want and can get a number of perfectly good boxes for half the price.
    Another no no for the shield is my young lad will want to play Fortnite on it.

Was just shown iptv app, no box required, well impressed

Careful now;) These apps work on most devices, depending on the hardware...
    You can have a good or bad experience. But that's all I'll say on the subject.

.red. wrote: »
    Maybe, I was gonna do one last week to see and for some reason decided not to.
    Ive actually got 2 U1's and the other one works perfectly but is rarely used so I might just swap them.

I'd rather buy new and I'm not spending €200+ when it's totally overkill for what I want and can get a number of perfectly good boxes for half the price.
    Another no no for the shield is my young lad will want to play Fortnite on it.

Made the same mistakes buying cheap for year's,I for one wasted e95/ 120 several times buying my boxes not up to scratch

Made the same mistakes buying cheap for year's,I for one wasted e95/ 120 several times buying my boxes not up to scratch

I wouldn't call €95-120 cheap unless you want to go gaming on it. You can get boxes for €30 up, id rather not buy one at that price tho.
    My minix is almost 3 years old, paid €120 new and €85 for a second hand one 2 years ago. The second hand one is still perfect but really only used when there's a game on I want to see. The main one is used daily, for different things but one particular app has really slowed and altho it works, it can be annoying.
    As for value for money, I really don't think I could have done better from them.

• Advertisement

.red. wrote: »
    I wouldn't call €95-120 cheap unless you want to go gaming on it. You can get boxes for €30 up, id rather not buy one at that price tho.
    My minix is almost 3 years old, paid €120 new and €85 for a second hand one 2 years ago. The second hand one is still perfect but really only used when there's a game on I want to see. The main one is used daily, for different things but one particular app has really slowed and altho it works, it can be annoying.
    As for value for money, I really don't think I could have done better from them.

Was talking about 3+ years ago,for streaming IPTV etc you need a decent box otherwise ,stop go stop go takes over

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Where are the best places to buy the Mi Box S and the Mecool KM9 Pro.

I realise it might be difficult getting either atm.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Where are the best places to buy the Mi Box S and the Mecool KM9 Pro.

I realise it might be difficult getting either atm.

Thanks

Both are available on Amazon (not prime)

Both are available on Amazon (not prime)

Thanks very much

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

The Mecool K9 Pro is a good box and is usually available for around €65 .

I've set up a few recently and would recommend them highly, only issue is with Netflix but there is a work around and hopefully both sides sort out their differences soon.

yabadabado wrote: »
    The Mecool K9 Pro is a good box and is usually available for around €65 .

I've set up a few recently and would recommend them highly, only issue is with Netflix but there is a work around and hopefully both sides sort out their differences soon.

What are the pros and cons compared to Mi Box S.

Btw Is there a way to compare prices on all Amazon's sites. I've seen some people buy stuff from Amazon.de etc but I'm not sure if this can be done from the app once you've set up your region

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Btw Is there a way to compare prices on all Amazon's sites. I've seen some people buy stuff from Amazon.de etc but I'm not sure if this can be done from the app once you've set up your region

Install the keepa add-on for Chrome on desktop gives you a graph of Amazon price history and let's you compare other Amazon regions.

You can buy from any region in the app, just change region but leave your language set to English. I've bought from .de using it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I buy them from Geekbuying and use EU warehouses.

You will have to do your own research regards pros and cons with Mi box.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

https://www.hagglezon.com/

• Advertisement

Install the keepa add-on for Chrome on desktop gives you a graph of Amazon price history and let's you compare other Amazon regions.

You can buy from any region in the app, just change region but leave your language set to English. I've bought from .de using it
    yabadabado wrote: »
    I buy them from Geekbuying and use EU warehouses.

You will have to do your own research regards pros and cons with Mi box.

Thanks Lads, from Google searches it seems the Mecool has better hardware.

I searched on Hagglezon got price comparisons on Amazon and attached screenshots of the results.

Cheapest:
    Mi Box S is €63 on Amazon.it
    Km9 Pro Google certified is €81.26 on Amazon.uk
    Km9 Pro Classic is €50 on Amazon.it

Going by these prices what would you go for.

I presume after buying any product they will need to be wiped down with disinfectant. Has anyone bought online since the Corona outbreak? What do you use to clean tech products.

Advertisement