Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭BobMc

Hey Gang, have a few Minix boxes in the house but came across this

http://www.ebuyer.com/718137-asus-eeebox-eb1033-mini-desktop-pc-eb1033-b013e?utm_source=2015-10-01&utm_medium=campaign_email&utm_campaign=B2B_%28Thursday%29_All,

i take it as its got a HDMI output, nothing to stop me putting Kodi on this and using in place of the minix box, get a nice wireless mouse and keyboard etc any suggestions on suitability would it be noisy ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭BobMc

forget just following up some reviews, not worth the hassle

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

dahat wrote:
    No mate, you will lose Android so be aware of that before you switch over to OE.

ohh thnks..whats good about openelec ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Just picked up a MINIX NEO X8-H Plus and plan to start setting up this morning. Any set-up guides and advice on how to get the best out of it appreciated, shoot me a PM if easier. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

eddiem74 wrote: »
    Just picked up a MINIX NEO X8-H Plus and plan to start setting up this morning. Any set-up guides and advice on how to get the best out of it appreciated, shoot me a PM if easier. Thanks.

sent you PM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

BobMc wrote: »
    Hey Gang, have a few Minix boxes in the house but came across this

http://www.ebuyer.com/718137-asus-eeebox-eb1033-mini-desktop-pc-eb1033-b013e?utm_source=2015-10-01&utm_medium=campaign_email&utm_campaign=B2B_%28Thursday%29_All,

i take it as its got a HDMI output, nothing to stop me putting Kodi on this and using in place of the minix box, get a nice wireless mouse and keyboard etc any suggestions on suitability would it be noisy ??

It will work fine for Kodi.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 PaddyM7

Hey lads, would love a bit of guidance here if you could help as am a total noob to this. I am thinking about getting a box to hook up to 1080p projector. Thinking of getting a x8-H or an M8s or maybe go to totally different and get a pipo x7 or x8. Just wondering if anyone could tell me what they think particularly between the two android boxes as there is a big price difference. I am going to set up Kodi on my windows machine first to play around with it. I have never used it before so would appreciate a pm from someone on how to maximize using Kodi. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I have never used M8s. Have heard that Tronsmart one with the same chip S812 is a better bet.

I have a MINIX NEO X8-H Plus, it's expensive but works very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Hi can anyone help me please. My remote is broken. Box is connected by cable to the modem so wifi is swithed off on the box. Any remote apps i found on my phone seem to need a wifi connection to work ?
    Is there anything I can do? Or do i need to go and get a remote?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

What box?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

What box?

Tronsmart a928
    Can't find an ir remote app to work either

Have an MQq in my sons room. Its flying along, only problem it has is the memory in the box itself seems to fill up in a few weeks just by using it for watching movies and sports.

Its causing Kodi to crash, and I've had to uninstall and reinstall it. The downside of that is I've had to start from fresh.

Is there any way of clearing the misc files without having to do this again.

I've been clearing the Cache all along.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,772 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Look for Mucky Ducks repo and in there he has a wizard which contains a Maintenance section which will clear all your junk files out.

I always add this into my sub menu under System menu item, do it once a week at least.

dahat wrote: »
    Look for Mucky Ducks repo and in there he has a wizard which contains a Maintenance section which will clear all your junk files out.

I always add this into my sub menu under System menu item, do it once a week at least.

I have that set up now. So hopefully it keeps the box freed up!

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 16,772 ✭✭✭✭dahat

It will, just run it regular and you will be fine.

It should tell you how many files are being removed as well, just check your storage % before and after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

I have that set up now. So hopefully it keeps the box freed up!

Cheers

A major space filler in Kodi is the Thumbnail folder.This you would need to manually check yourself and clear all(which would remove all thumbnail images from your build) or just go through it and clear images you don't need.

If the thumbnail folder seems very big,you can turn off various Artwork views in artwork downloader(if you use it) or turn off download actor thumbnails in Settings>Video>Library.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

will56 wrote: »
    Hi can anyone help me please. My remote is broken. Box is connected by cable to the modem so wifi is swithed off on the box. Any remote apps i found on my phone seem to need a wifi connection to work ?
    Is there anything I can do? Or do i need to go and get a remote?

Can you get a usb mouse?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Anybody have a beast;) of a problem with kodi? Mine wouldn't load,just returned a black screen,same with a mate's box.Ended up going into my Apps and clearing all the data.Tried a new build that was mentioned and it's grand now.

Just noticed they have released The Pipo X9!

Now to convince myself I really don't need it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

removed as they are providing an illegal service

• Advertisement

I seem to have lost the windows > android function on my pipo, possibly after I did a reset on windows, I think I deleted all the files and folders.

Wondering if anyone has any experience with this? I rarely used the android function of the box, but still want it all the same, as I like to experiment with different builds on Kodi.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,174 ✭✭✭batistuta9

I seem to have lost the windows > android function on my pipo, possibly after I did a reset on windows, I think I deleted all the files and folders.

Wondering if anyone has any experience with this? I rarely used the android function of the box, but still want it all the same, as I like to experiment with different builds on Kodi.

make sure it's gone first anyway.
    open disk management on windows, you'll see all the partitions there & what's on them.

if they're get googling :pac:

Application (.exe)

TODO: <File description>

C:\Users\pc anme\Desktop

328 KB (336,224 bytes)

this is what its called on mine

might help you search for it

enno99 wrote: »
    Application (.exe)

TODO: <File description>

C:\Users\pc anme\Desktop

328 KB (336,224 bytes)

this is what its called on mine

might help you search for it

Cheers.

I'll have to try that when in get in from work, I'm wondering if them nice people in pipo would email me an exe file to reinstall it?

Is that even possible:confused:

Cheers.

I'll have to try that when in get in from work, I'm wondering if them nice people in pipo would email me an exe file to reinstall it?

Is that even possible:confused:

I dont know if its possible
    someone here may know
    could I copy the file from mine and send it to you ?

did you try a factory restore in windows ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

They have links to download the software on this article (albeit for windows 10), although I'm not sure how trusting I'd be of that site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Can some one tell me what these actually do?

Do they make your tv a smart one and allow rte player and the like to run? Allow YouTube etc?

Is chrome cast the same? Can these boxes allow sreaming apps/players to be used/cast?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭BandMember

Why can't people read the thread and the multiple warnings about not naming add ons (or this thread will get closed) before posting?? :confused::(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

Mourinho wrote: »
    Can some one tell me what these actually do?

Do they make your tv a smart one and allow rte player and the like to run? Allow YouTube etc?

Is chrome cast the same? Can these boxes allow sreaming apps/players to be used/cast?

They turn your tv into a jail broken smart tv.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Pocoyo wrote: »
    They turn your tv into a jail broken smart tv.

Cool thanks. So for example I was looking at chrome cast to cast stuff to my tv but if I got an android box it would do this but along with being able to use a load of other apps and that yes?

Advertisement