Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

Mourinho wrote: »
    Cool thanks. So for example I was looking at chrome cast to cast stuff to my tv but if I got an android box it would do this but along with being able to use a load of other apps and that yes?

Ye they come loaded with miracast etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Del007

Does anyone know how to use Skygo with Kodi?

I have my own genuine sky account, so looking to log in with that through kodi.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Can I get one of them PM's please?????

Lads,
    Is the one in post 20 still the one to go for??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭BandMember

Redriddick wrote: »
    Lads,
    Is the one in post 20 still the one to go for??

Personally, I'd go for a Minix Neo X-8H Plus - expensive but worth every cent! From my experience, the most user friendly, best performing and quality device out there at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭allybhoy

BandMember wrote: »
    Personally, I'd go for a Minix Neo X-8H Plus - expensive but worth every cent! From my experience, the most user friendly, best performing and quality device out there at the moment.

I have a minix Neo X-8h, very good box. Today i bought a second box for the bedroom, was only 40 odd quid delivered although i also bought an airmouse which brings it up to around 60, reviews seem decent enough for it so once it arrives ill let people know my thoughts. Only has 1GB of RAM but from reviews ive seen on youtube and other places it seems to run Kodi very well which is what ill mainly be using it for.

https://www.7dayshop.com/products/sumvision-cyclone-android-x4-quad-core-media-player-ENCL-MEDIA-CYCLONE-ANDRIODX4

Where are ye buying the Minix neo x-8h plus??

Redriddick wrote: »
    Where are ye buying the Minix neo x-8h plus??

I've PM'd you the source where I bought mine. I've bought a total of 5 so far and there's been no issues whatsoever. Highly recommend both the box and the seller. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

I've PM'd you the source where I bought mine. I've bought a total of 5 so far and there's been no issues whatsoever. Highly recommend both the box and the seller. :)

Could I get a PM please? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

If I could get the link to buy that box it would be a big help.

Thanks for the info on the thread and the PM's so far.

messing around with Kodi on the laptop and will have a box under the tv soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Hey,

I'm thinking of getting a good android box,is this one any use?
    Would it run hd videos?

http://www.adverts.ie/other-software/android-box/9004739

If not,can someone send me a pm for the minix neo?

Thanks!

Could I get a PM please? Cheers
    weemcd wrote: »
    If I could get the link to buy that box it would be a big help.

PM's sent. I feel that I should point out at this stage that I have absolutely no connection whatsoever to this seller nor do I receive any benefit or gain for recommending them - just trying to help people with a competitively priced local source is all. I hope that's ok with everyone? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

PM's sent. I feel that I should point out at this stage that I have absolutely no connection whatsoever to this seller nor do I receive any benefit or gain for recommending them - just trying to help people with a competitively priced local source is all. I hope that's ok with everyone? :)

Fancy sending me a PM with the link as well ?

rejkin wrote: »
    Hey,

I'm thinking of getting a good android box,is this one any use?
    Would it run hd videos?

http://www.adverts.ie/other-software/android-box/9004739

If not,can someone send me a pm for the minix neo?

Thanks!
    emmetkenny wrote: »
    Fancy sending me a PM with the link as well ?

PM's sent. Now, I'm beginning to feel like I should be getting commission!! :P:pac:

As regards your rejkin's link, some people like those boxes and some people hate them. I tend to find that there are a lot of clones are there (I don't know how to tell in advance as that is a stock pic) and it can be a nightmare to find out how to update the firmware etc. (whereas it's OTA with the Minix boxes). A mate of mine has a similar box (different model) and he struggles with HD.

Now, you'll get someone who will give you the complete opposite argument to me, but, sure, ignore whichever of us you feel like! :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

PM's sent. Now, I'm beginning to feel like I should be getting commission!! :P:pac:

As regards your rejkin's link, some people like those boxes and some people hate them. I tend to find that there are a lot of clones are there (I don't know how to tell in advance as that is a stock pic) and it can be a nightmare to find out how to update the firmware etc. (whereas it's OTA with the Minix boxes). A mate of mine has a similar box (different model) and he struggles with HD.

Now, you'll get someone who will give you the complete opposite argument to me, but, sure, ignore whichever of us you feel like! :pac::pac:
    Agree that there are a lot of clones but the MXQ is a good entry level box for someone new to Kodi, or for spare room etc. It would be great to find a reliable Amazon seller of them?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Agree that there are a lot of clones but the MXQ is a good entry level box for someone new to Kodi, or for spare room etc. It would be great to find a reliable Amazon seller of them?

I've got loads of them from alieexpress for family and mates, think I've had one fried out of all of them. And even then the seller replaced it no hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Hi bandmember, could you send me a pm too.

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16,772 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Not to be spoilsport but this mass request of PM shut the last thread down.

Please stop sending and asking for them in thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

dahat wrote: »

Here I think people are just asking for a seller although again probably best to share on the thread

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Can ppl replying for PM directly send PM instead of asking in thread :( !!

• Advertisement

Guys any idea how can I change picture size on kodi ? have few streams which are not fitting entire screen...how to stretch them to fit ??

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭robbie67

see post 457

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

An MX3 Box I ordered arrived last night. Anyone have any suggestions or essential applications that they would recommend? Or can point me in the direction of some good information ?

dahat wrote: »

Here I think people are just asking for a seller although again probably best to share on the thread

Ok, well, the last thing that I want to do is get this thread shut down!! :o I've got absolutely no problem sharing on this thread - the only reason that I didn't was that I wasn't sure if it was ok to do so or not.

However, after seeing other people post some links, I'm going to post them here (Mods: please accept my apologies and delete if this is not allowed).

Minix Neo X-8H Plus - http://www.adverts.ie/tv/minix-x8-h-plus-quad-core-2gb-ram-16gb-rom-xbmc-fully-loaded/7130022

The remote controls with all android boxes are rubbish so I would highly recommend that you get this one as well - http://www.adverts.ie/tv/air-mouse-wireless-keyboard-remote/6349987

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

Im in the market for a new android box.Could anyone recommend any to me please.

From doing a bit looking around most ppl are recommending the Minix NEO X8-H.

Is this the best around at the moment?

Thanks.

@Eldoco - Get the Plus version as it is the latest/newest model. It would certainly be my recommendation anyway, a great piece of kit! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

@Eldoco - Get the Plus version as it is the latest/newest model. It would certainly be my recommendation anyway, a great piece of kit! :)

is that the box thats quoted above on adverts?

Yep, that's the one alright! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭walshy_c

Guys, which of the thee boxes below (specifications are in the links) have the better specs? I would perfer the ability to dual boot like with the Pipo X8, however if the Minix Boxes were much more powerful I would stick to a single boot box.

Pipo X8
    Minix Neo Z64 (Android or Windows)
    Minix Neo X8-H Plus

I think if I had to stick with one OS, it would be Windows. Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

I ordered the droibox mxq box from amazon. will post feedback once i have it.....

Advertisement