Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Nowso wrote: »
    i use a chromecast with an ethernet adapter atm you can sideload firefox for tv on for a browser

Why would you do that when puffin browser is in the app store?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,542 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Why would you do that when puffin browser is in the app store?
    puffin is not as good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

puffin is not as good

Yeah, you're probably right there but I rarely need to use a browser on my TV

Yeah, you're probably right there but I rarely need to use a browser on my TV

its on aptiode - not much else om it id use

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

http://chigztech.com/charts.html - nothing on 2021 charts yet

Wow that's comprehensive. I don't have fantastic internet (can just about stream 720p on youtube without buffering), how important is lan port, fire tv cube is ticking a lot of boxes except it shows lan port as 100mb compared to 1gb in other ones. (Will probably be connecting box via wifi)

• Advertisement

timple23 wrote: »
    Wow that's comprehensive. I don't have fantastic internet (can just about stream 720p on youtube without buffering), how important is lan port, fire tv cube is ticking a lot of boxes except it shows lan port as 100mb compared to 1gb in other ones. (Will probably be connecting box via wifi)

your better using ethernet where possible as wifi esp 2.4ghz gets a lot of interence unless your in the middle of a 2 acre field

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

timple23 wrote: »
    Probably a better option than the fire tv cube

https://www.amazon.es/dp/B07WZHD9P4
    I was waiting for it to drop lower than €50 there, but not sure it will during lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭sioda

Upgraded from an original mi box to the new Chromecast with Google TV have to say it's a great piece of kit.

Like the cross app suggestions even if it is a bit of a buy the Google copy. Having one watch list for Netflix Disney and Prime is cool

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

sioda wrote: »
    Upgraded from an original mi box to the new Chromecast with Google TV have to say it's a great piece of kit.

Like the cross app suggestions even if it is a bit of a buy the Google copy. Having one watch list for Netflix Disney and Prime is cool

Lack of storage be an issue?
    Is there something like 4gb available for apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭thebourke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

thebourke wrote: »

Yes, they have been around years and are fairly competitively priced usually. Delivery can be on the slow side though. Expect to wait 2-3 weeks for anything. If it comes quicker it's a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭thebourke

DopeTech wrote: »
    Yes, they have been around years and are fairly competitively priced usually. Delivery can be on the slow side though. Expect to wait 2-3 weeks for anything. If it comes quicker it's a bonus.

are they uk based or mainland europe?

Iirc they are European warehouses.

I've used them,delivery can be very slow and communication with them is like pulling teeth but anything I've bought has been perfect

What are you looking at from the site?

Yes afaik they ship to mainland europe and then send it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭sioda

yabadabado wrote: »
    Lack of storage be an issue?
    Is there something like 4gb available for apps.

Netflix Disney plus prime IPTV MX player loads of room left over

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Thread on them here, a lot of issues lately if you read the last 10 or so pages

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057154505

sioda wrote: »
    Netflix Disney plus prime IPTV MX player loads of room left over

Good to know.Buying one for a mate and thats about all that they would us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

yabadabado wrote: »
    Good to know.Buying one for a mate and thats about all that they would us.

If storage is ever an issue, more so if people want to install some games and use a bluetooth controller, this can be used to expand the storage from 4gb!

I know it isnt cheap, pretty much same price as the device, but it is a solution to storage issues!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,417 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

any iptv app recommendations, for an android tv, thats light on system resources?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    any iptv app recommendations, for an android tv, thats light on system resources?

IPTV Smarters

• Advertisement

iba wrote: »
    IPTV Smarters

its become my favorite, great little app, i ll try it, thank you

Stbemu

DopeTech wrote: »
    Stbemu

Thats what has always worked best for me and have tried a good few.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Tivimate! Unbelievable tech

wally1990 wrote: »
    Tivimate! Unbelievable tech

have it on the android box, well impressed, but havent used it much, i ll try that as well though

smarters is best for a slower box

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

have it on the android box, well impressed, but havent used it much, i ll try that as well though

The premium version for 5 quid is steal and well worth jt

I've 3 providers and import my 3 m3u playlist into tivimate

I use multi screen and record a lot so it's very handy and even the basic package very good

I much prefer to smarters or other similar apps

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

There are a few that work well on low resource devices, and just to add regarding Tivimate, it works well as described but make sure to clear the EPG often when using on a box with less spec.
    OTT Navigator is very good too, although it maybe an 'acquired taste'.

I've loaded ott onto a Samsung orsay, only free one I could find that works on it, I 'll set it up today to see what it's like, very few out there, that I could find, that will run on that os

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭xlogo

DP

Advertisement