Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

You probably thought of this already but in case not , have you a USB keyboard in the house ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

jonski wrote: »
    You probably thought of this already but in case not , have you a USB keyboard in the house ?

No dude

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

No dude

It's very disappointing that you don't .............. sorry, I find it very disappointing that you don't :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

No dude

Can you enter the Bios by tapping the DEL key on startup and go about your business that way? I don't have one of these,but I believe you can access the bios that way.I'm assuming you are just trying to change the boot order,to boot from USB.

bazzz wrote: »
    Can you enter the Bios by tapping the DEL key on startup and go about your business that way? I don't have one of these,but I believe you can access the bios that way.I'm assuming you are just trying to change the boot order,to boot from USB.

Del key, as in the one on my air mouse yeah?

• Advertisement

Del key, as in the one on my air mouse yeah?

Yep,unless you've borrowed an actual keyboard from someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Damokc

Hey guys, could you tell me what box this lad is actually selling? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CPCPsCC4Qs&sns=em

Just read the comments on his video. They don't make fit good reading. Still though would this box be good?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Ok folks, going to take the plunge today and attempt to get android accessibility back on my pipo.

I'm going to follow the method mentioned detailed here .

One thing bothering me is this bit though.

How do I press f7 on a pipo that has no physical keyboard:confused:

I can't seem to find an f7 function on my airmouse either, model i25 Rii mini.

Anyone any heads up or thoughts on the above upgrade methods?

What happened, how do you lose that functionality? As for F7, isn't there a virtual keyboard on windows 8? See here

Also, I may be able to copy the application from my Pipo and send it on to you, however I'm on windows 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭BandMember

Damokc wrote: »
    Hey guys, could you tell me what box this lad is actually selling? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CPCPsCC4Qs&sns=em

Just read the comments on his video. They don't make fit good reading. Still though would this box be good?

I would strongly advise not going near this seller - they were ran from Adverts in a hail of bad complaints and there are is nothing but problems from any forum that they have pitched up on (although they keep coming back under various aliases/new names). Plus, the boxes are very poor spec wise and way over priced. Take your business elsewhere would be my recommendation, plenty of other reputable sellers out there either locally or online.

Benzino wrote: »
    What happened, how do you lose that functionality? As for F7, isn't there a virtual keyboard on windows 8? See here

Also, I may be able to copy the application from my Pipo and send it on to you, however I'm on windows 10.

I'm on windows 10 too Benz.

Havent even attempted anything yet, been mental busy with the kids today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Constantly getting authorisation failed on my add on, can anyone pm me another add on?

I'm on windows 10 too Benz.

Havent even attempted anything yet, been mental busy with the kids today.

How would a virtual keyboard help,when you are trying to enter the bios?Either try the DEL option or borrow a keyboard,to gain access to a F7 option.

bazzz wrote: »
    How would a virtual keyboard help,when you are trying to enter the bios?Either try the DEL option or borrow a keyboard,to gain access to a F7 option.

Ah, didn't read the link so wasn't aware it was needed in the bios, my bad.

Well, I'm back into android again. :)

jkg863.jpg

All I needed in the end up was a wintoand.exe programme to enable me to boot into android.

Anyone else with a pipo, bookmark this link , someday like me you just might badly need it.

https://mega.nz/#!nc8lXZhT!oG0rovaOo...xQi7YagufMphNM

Well, I'm back into android again. :)

jkg863.jpg

All I needed in the end up was a wintoand.exe programme to enable me to boot into android.

Anyone else with a pipo, bookmark this link , someday like me you just might badly need it.

https://mega.nz/#!nc8lXZhT!oG0rovaOo...xQi7YagufMphNM

Great, glad you got it sorted. I've only booted into Android once since I got the box, I must mess around with it more, maybe install a few games or something.

BandMember wrote: »
    I would strongly advise not going near this seller - they were ran from Adverts in a hail of bad complaints and there are is nothing but problems from any forum that they have pitched up on (although they keep coming back under various aliases/new names). Plus, the boxes are very poor spec wise and way over priced. Take your business elsewhere would be my recommendation, plenty of other reputable sellers out there either locally or online.

What would you suggest? There's lots of options even in this thread but people are on about flashing boxes and putting their own OS on them and the likes. I wouldn't be able to do that. I need something "out of that box" that will work. Something preferably with an EPG like Skys. Sorry for being vague but I'm new to this kinda thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Rojito1

What would you suggest? There's lots of options even in this thread but people are on about flashing boxes and putting their own OS on them and the likes. I wouldn't be able to do that. I need something "out of that box" that will work. Something preferably with an EPG like Skys. Sorry for being vague but I'm new to this kinda thing.

I'd recommend droidsdirect.ie, I bought the CSA90 box from them and I was very impressed with their service and professionalism. It's a high spec box, but if it's overkill for your needs then I'd suggest the M8S or M8s+ as they are both quality devices.

Feel free to PM me and I'll answer any questions you might have as I'm an Android software programmer and developer by profession.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭Berkieahern

Rojito1 wrote: »
    I'd recommend droidsdirect.ie, I bought the CSA90 box from them and I was very impressed with their service and professionalism. It's a high spec box, but if it's overkill for your needs then I'd suggest the M8S or M8s+ as they are both quality devices.

Feel free to PM me and I'll answer any questions you might have as I'm an Android software programmer and developer by profession.

Android software programmer eh?

But you had to buy a box from that crowd you mentioned?

I'm a chef.

You think I never have fish and chips from the chipper:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Rojito1

I'm a programmer, not an engineer and definitely not MacGyver!

• Advertisement

None of those boxes allow for connection of a satellite dish? They would be using my internet fully to stream everything? I thought there were boxes that used the sat signal and then the box decoded that? I may have my terminology wrong but I'm sure you'll understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

None of those boxes allow for connection of a satellite dish? They would be using my internet fully to stream everything? I thought there were boxes that used the sat signal and then the box decoded that? I may have my terminology wrong but I'm sure you'll understand.

Different type of "dream box",we can't talk about them here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

After using my OTT MQX for 1 week...I am really pleased with it so far....

Never had any issues so far and i am running android !!

zerks wrote: »
    Different type of "dream box",we can't talk about them here.

Oh right, sorry. My bad.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Would I be at a disadvantage if I had one of these boxes without an unlimited internet connection? I think my connection is limited to 30gb a month..... UPC charge extra if I go over it as far as I know.

I really want to trial one of these boxes out. If its good enough I'll not renew my UPC and get a standalone internet connection to use with my box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Would I be at a disadvantage if I had one of these boxes without an unlimited internet connection? I think my connection is limited to 30gb a month..... UPC charge extra if I go over it as far as I know.

I really want to trial one of these boxes out. If its good enough I'll not renew my UPC and get a standalone internet connection to use with my box.

Depends on your usage, a rough rule of thumb is that a 43 minute TV show in SD uses about 220mb of data, the same TV show in HD can use between 600mb and 1.2Gb depending on resolution, ie 720p or 1080p. On months where I've watched a lot, I could end up using160gb of data, most months however, I'd use about 100gb.

So android boxes really solely on internet speed and how much allowance you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

So android boxes really solely on internet speed and how much allowance you have?

Yes. Think of them as an android phone/tablet without a screen or SIM card.

They use Data from a wired or wifi source, and your TV is the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭bert911

Just picked up Android Box from Powercity Naas 'Minix Neo x6' for 120 euro , they also have the more powerful x8 plus for 179

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭BandMember

There is no android box with an EPG like Sky - you're in the wrong place. Why are people so brainwashed by Sky that they can't even dream of using anything else?? :( (I'm not having a pop at you personally, it's more a general comment because I've heard plenty of people like that) To be honest, I blame the sellers on Adverts/Donedeal etc. who advertise this as a replacement Sky box (it isn't) and to cut the cord. They are misleading a lot of people who wouldn't have heard of or be familiar with this. However, I know that you say that you are not familiar with this kinda thing but, we were all newbies once and everybody has to start somewhere. I would suggest that you do your research into what exactly an android box is and what it can do. For me, it's a million times better than Sky and so much cheaper. You learn as you go along, it's all trial and error with everyone and there are a lot of very friendly and knowledgeable people both here and on other threads who are always happy to help people in any way they can. :)

Personally, I found that I had a lot of problems with UPC (but I think that was my connection) and I noticed a huge change for the better when I changed my ISP. If you've a limited data connection of 30GB a month, then I don't think you should get a box. I mean, I would use more than that of a weekend! :pac:
    bert911 wrote: »
    Just picked up Android Box from Powercity Naas 'Minix Neo x6' for 120 euro , they also have the more powerful x8 plus for 179

Ah yes, good to see that Power City are still ripping off the masses with their mark up on these products! You're far better off going with reputable sellers on Adverts/Donedeal/forums etc. as you will get them cheaper. For instance, the Minix Neo X-8 Plus is widely available for €150 elsewhere - that's €30 cheaper.

Advertisement