Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

@Damokc

You can download an app from the playstore, it called TVguide.co.uk and it has a big heart as it's logo. When setting up the app for the first time, it gives you the option to have the TV listing like sky or upc. If you use this app along with the filmon app, you can access channels from the tvguide app.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

BandMember wrote: »
    I would strongly advise not going near this seller - they were ran from Adverts in a hail of bad complaints and there are is nothing but problems from any forum that they have pitched up on (although they keep coming back under various aliases/new names). Plus, the boxes are very poor spec wise and way over priced. Take your business elsewhere would be my recommendation, plenty of other reputable sellers out there either locally or online.

He has popped up on a few Facebook selling groups as well, and has had a few irate customers asking questions too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭BandMember

eamonnq wrote: »
    He has popped up on a few Facebook selling groups as well, and has had a few irate customers asking questions too!!

Yeah, that's one of many places where he is suffering that fate! Complete gangsters - all they are doing is buying in cheap boxes from China and then flashing them with a Droidstricks build before flogging them on for outrageous markups! Well, that was what they were doing anyway as loads of people were complaining that everything was wiped from their boxes and they posted pictures to show this. All you could see was the Droidsticks logo in the background. Yet, in all their ads, they claimed the boxes to be all their own work! :rolleyes:

My advice to anyone who reads this: avoid that seller or pay the price later. There are far more reputable sellers with better products at cheaper prices. I'm sure that people here would be only too happy to recommend some (as they have been doing throughout the thread) if anyone needs some help/advice. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

can anyone suggest a BT adapter/receiver for mxq box to connect a BT keyboard ? or that's not possible ?

My box does not have Bluetooth..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

My box is with customs, so should have it tomorrow or the next day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

tharmor wrote: »
    can anyone suggest a BT adapter/receiver for mxq box to connect a BT keyboard ? or that's not possible ?

My box does not have Bluetooth..

http://g02.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1io7OIpXXXXcCXVXXq6xXFXXXb/Mini-USB-Wireless-Bluetooth-Adapter-V-4-0-Dongle-High-Gain-CSR-4-0-For-Win7.jpg_220x220.jpg

Your local Dealz might have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Pinkman

Recently bought a MXQ box and was wondering if theres a way of downloading Plex on it without having to pay via the Play Store. I've already paid for it on several devices so it's annoying especially as I don't know if it would even work well on this box. Is the play store the only app store to download from? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Pinkman wrote: »
    Recently bought a MXQ box and was wondering if theres a way of downloading Plex on it without having to pay via the Play Store. I've already paid for it on several devices so it's annoying especially as I don't know if it would even work well on this box. Is the play store the only app store to download from? Cheers.

Have you paid for it on your phone?
    Could cast it to kodi if so. Don't think you'd need to pay then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

install amazon app store or underground ... it had it free i think..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Pinkman wrote: »

http://www35.zippyshare.com/v/3lMlj7U3/file.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Ciara85

Hey,
    Just look for some reccommendations for buying an tv box....i have read reviews etc but i really dont have a clue need some tech whizz kids advice to point me in the right direction. TIA

Came across this one
    Description
    • Enjoy your favourite Android apps on your television
    • Stores and supports entertainment apps like Netflix
    • 8GB storage space and 1GB of ram
    • Wi-Fi/Lan connection
    • Kodi Support
    • HDMI cable included
    • USB port and SD card slot
    • Delivery: €6.99

Movie and television apps are great but if you feel like your small smartphone screen isn't doing them justice, let us help big up your view with an Android quad-core TV box for €44 (a €95.25 value). This

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

For that kind of money I'd be looking to get something with 2 GB of ram.

If it's €92.25?

I'm on my 2nd box and this is the latest one I've purchased.

http://www.amazon.ca/Tronsmart-Android-Amlogic-Miracast-Streaming/dp/B00WDUML0C

I didn't buy it from amazon, I bought it from one of those Chinese stores for €85 in total. I gave up on the remote and I'm using a wireless mouse and it's working great.

Thanks,
    Il check that out. Do you know anything about these M8 ones people are mentioning orvwhere online is best to purchase a good 1? Its a present for the other half whos into GB and TB but i dont have a clue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

The one on post 20 has been great, especially for those who are starting off.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/J-Bonest%C2%AE-Wireless-Preloaded-Worldwide-Streaming/dp/B00X3TA5KU/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1445772217&sr=8-7&keywords=jbonest+android+box
    It has 2gb of ram, which is pretty much the min I would go for.
    its easy enough to boot into the main menu. Several older people who have got it also found it easy to navigate through. It would be great for the oh to start and get a feel of kodi etc and there is enough on there to use as well.
    if you still need a pm I can help you, just drop me a pm with your email addy.

Personally that one for €95.25 you could get for around €30

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Android-MXQ-Channel-Updater-Player/dp/B00WIDHWI0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1445772327&sr=8-2&keywords=android+box

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Just installed the beast skin it's looking great so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

mightyreds wrote: »

What is this "beast skin" you talk of, please? Never mind, I just discovered that it is a KODI skin.

MoodeRator wrote: »
    What is this "beast skin" you talk of, please? Never mind, I just discovered that it is a KODI skin.

I probably should of mentioned that ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Invincible

Hi there, has the beast skin add one?
    I put simply the best build on the MXIII box last week but the art work and add on short cuts didn't incorporate with build so just looks like normal Kodi menu, have Ands build on M8S box and looks as it should.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

for anyone with issues with a MQX box this ROM resolved issues for me. I had the screen constantly refreshing due to the HDMI constantly trying to recheck. This ROM seems a lots faster and reliable than the stock I had. However it reinstalls apps and I lost my KODI plug ins :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭dendof

Anyone know the name of an app that can be used on Pipo to switch from Android to Windows? it currently just keeps booting to Android and I can't see a Windows boot option

Invincible wrote: »
    Hi there, has the beast skin add one?
    I put simply the best build on the MXIII box last week but the art work and add on short cuts didn't incorporate with build so just looks like normal Kodi menu, have Ands build on M8S box and looks as it should.

Thanks

Happened me first time I tried think what I did first was not force exiting and killing the app straight after it finished.

Happened me first time I tried think what I did first was not force exiting and killing the app straight after it finished.

That's what happened since, a pop up prompted to unplug box if force close was not available, so i unplugged, upon restart, menu and skin were complete.
    I wiped 13.2 from older H5 Rockchip box and put 15.2 on it, installed Spinz-TV Premium Lite, runs far smoother now, new lease of life to a box that was sidelined for best part of a year.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    For that kind of money I'd be looking to get something with 2 GB of ram.

If it's €92.25?

I'm on my 2nd box and this is the latest one I've purchased.

http://www.amazon.ca/Tronsmart-Android-Amlogic-Miracast-Streaming/dp/B00WDUML0C

I didn't buy it from amazon, I bought it from one of those Chinese stores for €85 in total. I gave up on the remote and I'm using a wireless mouse and it's working great.

That Tronsmart should be a good box, I got the previous version of it with S802 chip, 2G/8G from the GB site and they often have discount codes that are available on freaktab site.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-Fashion-Gyroscope-Mini-Fly-Air-Mouse-T2-2-4G-Wireless-3D-Remote-Sensing-Air-Mouse/32374843518.html

Top tip, trusted seller and quality product everyone of you should buy it as a back up anyone without a gryro mouse should buy it as their control of choice. 6.65e free delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Anyone have recommendations for sub 40e boxes delivered from the EU? Looking for a few gifts, thinking of MXQ's but most Amazon sellers don't deliver to Ireland and I don't want to use Parcel Motel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

bert911 wrote: »
    Just picked up Android Box from Powercity Naas 'Minix Neo x6' for 120 euro , they also have the more powerful x8 plus for 179

Are these any use ? I bought my box a year ago but I definitely over paid, I'm looking for a friend and want something similar to an M8

• Registered Users Posts: 29,417 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

threein99 wrote: »
    Are these any use ? I bought my box a year ago but I definitely over paid, I'm looking for a friend and want something similar to an M8

the minix boxes come highly recommended from this forum, particularly the x8. you may get them cheaper online though rather than from local retailers. seems like many are paying over the odds for these boxes so look around. havent bothered purchasing myself yet as im happily running kodi on the laptop. seems like theres plenty of cheap entry level boxes on the market though. i hear that m8 is pretty good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭BandMember

threein99 wrote: »

If you read the thread, you'll see that there are plenty of people recommending the Minix boxes along with links as to where you can get them cheaper than Power City.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

BandMember wrote: »
    If you read the thread, you'll see that there are plenty of people recommending the Minix boxes along with links as to where you can get them cheaper than Power City.

I have one myself that I got a year ago, I just wanted reassurance they are still decent

Advertisement