Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

redzerdrog wrote: »
    What is the best possible set up if you have multiple tv's in the house? I want to get rid of sky because they a robbing shower and I am watching mostly Netflix and projectfreetv on laptop. The only thing I'd really miss is the live sports.

Iv heard there is a dodgy box that you pay a yearly subscription for and it comes through you satilite dish? Anyone know about this?
    Can't talk about that on here, take a look on Facebook or YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Can't talk about that on here, take a look on Facebook or YouTube

Apologies I didn't realise

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

• Registered Users Posts: 29,417 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Sasso wrote: »

id recommend some sort of satellite combo box that would allow you to do the lot. unfortunately i cant go into it as previous posters have explained! google and youtube will answer a lot though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Get both .

There's a new Amiko A3 combo probably due out this week.
    This will do it all DVB S2/DVB T2,kodi,android,cline etc,etc

bazzz wrote: »
    There's a new Amiko A3 combo probably due out this week.
    This will do it all DVB S2/DVB T2,kodi,android,cline etc,etc

Here's the specs,for anyone interested.

R5o3up.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Sneachta

Link please?

Sneachta wrote: »
    Link please?

I'll link it later when I'm home,a Google search should yield enough results though.Although I don't think I'm allowed link some of the sites selling it.

thats a nice little box. impressive specs

• Advertisement

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    thats a nice little box. impressive specs

Yep it would be a super box if they had have given it more RAM this time round,but it's not the end of the world.The Current DVB S2 version is an all round well built and designed box.If you didn't want the Android OS or Kodi they have the mini combo with DVB S2/T2 built in and can do the FTP stuff too.

Yep it would be a super box if they had have given it more RAM this time round,but it's not the end of the world.The Current DVB S2 version is an all round well built and designed box.If you didn't want the Android OS or Kodi they have the mini combo with DVB S2/T2 built in and can do the FTP stuff too.

i know somebody running the mini combo. tidy box

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭walshy_c

R5o3up.jpg
    I see two aerial ports on that box, would one work for Saorview and the other for UK free to air tv? Sorry i'm not that up to date with aerial lingo.

walshy_c wrote: »
    I see two aerial ports on that box, would one work for Saorview and the other for UK free to air tv? Sorry i'm not that up to date with aerial lingo.

Yes Saorview and freesat/sky/other sat services/satellites depending if you have a motorised dish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Invincible

walshy_c wrote: »

Connect one to coaxial from your dish and the other to coaxial from aerial.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Still looking for a 40 / 50 EUR delivered box if anyone has suggestions.

Google mk808. Can be bought for €30.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Is there companies that will supply and install the likes of that combo box in Ireland?

Pm if neccessary

Apologies I haven't the first idea about these things

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Is there companies that will supply and install the likes of that combo box in Ireland?

Pm if neccessary

Apologies I haven't the first idea about these things

They are designed for the mass market,so they are mostly just plug and play.Just unplug the satellite cable from the Sky Box and plug it into the Amiko box.Switch on and it should walk you through the setup process.
    Now if you've not got an idea about these things,do a little bit of research first.Just to get a better idea of what they are and do,there are plenty of video tutorials on Utube.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Invincible wrote: »
    I bought an M8s from a seller on alibaba last December, the Wi-Fi is poor on it compared to the Tronsmart MXIII I got since, need modem to same room for M8ss.
    Went ahead and bought two on Saturday. €130 for the pair.

Wifi is poor alright. Maxes out at 3mb but that's enough to play 720 well. Needs some buffering on 1080 though.

I've also noticed YouTube (both app and through browser) sometimes has audio but no video. A restart fixes it but I wonder what's causing it?

Yep it would be a super box if they had have given it more RAM this time round...

can the ram be upgraded on these?

• Advertisement

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    can the ram be upgraded on these?

No it can't be upgraded.

Scotty # wrote: »
    Went ahead and bought two on Saturday. €130 for the pair.

Wifi is poor alright. Maxes out at 3mb but that's enough to play 720 well. Needs some buffering on 1080 though.

I've also noticed YouTube (both app and through browser) sometimes has audio but no video. A restart fixes it but I wonder what's causing it?

Where did you buy from?
    Haven't encountered the YouTube problem, what firmware version is on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

daytob wrote: »
    I got this one
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00X3TA5KU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
    just last week in fact. The user interface is handy enough to use * for the o-h and my less then tech savvy uncle. Really fast and have yet to find a fault.
    I got the mobie dazzle boxes too, but passed them on and kept the j-bonest.

I bought this box recently and at first I couldn't get any of the streaming apps to work. So I launched the updates and it worked fine for about 20 minutes. Then the triangle light on the front of the box flickered and it restarted. Ever since it only gets a few seconds to maybe a minute or so into the launch before the triangle flashes and it restarts. I've unplugged it and tried to restart it a few times but it just won't launch.

I've done a hard factory reset but it's still doing the same thing of starting to launch then restarting within seconds. It once got so far in that it opened up and let me put in my preferences but restarted just as I was about to open the wifi settings. I can't think of anything else to do.

iguana wrote: »
    I bought this box recently and at first I couldn't get any of the streaming apps to work. So I launched the updates and it worked fine for about 20 minutes. Then the triangle light on the front of the box flickered and it restarted. Ever since it only gets a few seconds to maybe a minute or so into the launch before the triangle flashes and it restarts. I've unplugged it and tried to restart it a few times but it just won't launch.

Either contact the seller and explain problem or try a factory reset, you'll lose all your settings/apps that you've done since getting box though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

iguana wrote: »
    I've done a hard factory reset but it's still doing the same thing of starting to launch then restarting within seconds. It once got so far in that it opened up and let me put in my preferences but restarted just as I was about to open the wifi settings. I can't think of anything else to do.

I went here for advice and updated my ROM, maybe it will help with your problem? make sure to check for compatibility :)

I've initiated a return through amazon. I'm just too stressed out by it this evening to try anything more complicated than the reset. Everyone else who ordered this box seems to have had few problems with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

NVIDIA selling the shield tv box for €200 with the included gaming controller and the android tv remote. Looks a great deal for the best box out there. Expensive yes but you really do get what you pay for in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I've had the Pipo X8 for a about 2 months now and I have not had any problems. It's more expensive than most Android boxes but seems to be much more stable and reliable, I find Kodi runs great on Windows too. Would recommend them.

• Advertisement

Still looking for a 40 / 50 EUR delivered box if anyone has suggestions.

There's a link for a Beelink x2 1GB/8GB on the bargains thread for $30 approx.

Advertisement