Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

Lads you know the downward arrows on the top of the TV screen that show when you have downloaded something,same as on a tablet or phone.how to I get rid of them from the top of my screen? Can't for the life of me figure it out.

Drag down the corner of the screen by moving the cursor to the top of the screen hold the ok button and drag down,once its down you will see the option to clear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭droidman123

Pocoyo wrote: »
    Drag down the corner of the screen by moving the cursor to the top of the screen hold the ok button and drag down,once its down you will see the option to clear it.

Thanks for that! I will try it later

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Quick question,have a homeplug connected to a box but need another for the android box but there's a 5 gang extension socket plugged in to cater for TV,PS4 etc.Is there some kind of ethernet switcher that I could use? Tried a homeplug in the 5 gang extension and it didn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B010N93C34?vs=1

Anyone know if this box is any good?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭Berkieahern

th283 wrote: »

Its basic, but will work fine!

• Advertisement

Spend a couple of euro more and get the M8 i have used both boxes its like comparing a cheap smart phone to a decent one..speed lag etc

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭CantonasCollar

Having run Kodi on pc, pi, s5 mini, and a hudl, it by far runs better on the hudl for some reason. The pc is better spec'd than the hudl, but hudl performs far better, shame they have stopped selling them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

thinking of getting one of these for a christmas present. Bit lost.

What's the difference between the M8 box for example and the Kindle Fire TV stick.

What's the best option?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Is anyone running one of the Kindle Fire TV 4K ? and how are they getting on with it ? Looks a fairly solid box .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Invincible

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-Fashion-Gyroscope-Mini-Fly-Air-Mouse-T2-2-4G-Wireless-3D-Remote-Sensing-Air-Mouse/32374843518.html

Top tip, trusted seller and quality product everyone of you should buy it as a back up anyone without a gryro mouse should buy it as their control of choice. 6.65e free delivery.

Have any of you that ordered this item received it yet?

I ordered on November 1st, got email stating payment successfully made, then shipping notification on November 3rd and on November 20th I got an email stating order was cancelled due to payment not being made before November 19th.
    In my Ali account status is awaiting receipt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭samsx

Recently bought the MXQ android box. Great bit of home entertainment kit but when I play video through it the picture stutters, this happens on Netflix and on playing Kodi etc. Have tried to alter the settings but am a bit lost to be honest as to how to rectify it. Some help from those in the know would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I ordered it around the time this was posted and got it late last week

• Registered Users Posts: 8,174 ✭✭✭batistuta9

zerks wrote: »
    Quick question,have a homeplug connected to a box but need another for the android box but there's a 5 gang extension socket plugged in to cater for TV,PS4 etc.Is there some kind of ethernet switcher that I could use? Tried a homeplug in the 5 gang extension and it didn't work.

you're already naming it, you need a switch :D

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2/278-1973745-0366424?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=switch

I ordered it around the time this was posted and got it late last week

Arrived home and package was delivered!

Just remote, no USB receiver in package.

According to description there's a USB receiver included ???

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

Just wondering is there a consensus on which model/make is the best "bang for your buck"? I've seen a good few names and brands mentioned throughout the thread. What's the go to model and specs and what sort of price should I be looking for? Is Amazon the best place to buy?
    As for a wireless KB/mouse or remote or fly mouse, same questions as above please.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Invincible wrote: »
    Arrived home and package was delivered!

Just remote, no USB receiver in package.

According to description there's a USB receiver included ???

Have you opened the battery slot? Oftentimes the USB dongles are slotted in there when sent from the factory.

Have you opened the battery slot? Oftentimes the USB dongles are slotted in there when sent from the factory.

Yes, inserted 2 batteries and checked to see if there was a slot that receiver was held in on remote but there isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Invincible wrote: »
    Yes, inserted 2 batteries and checked to see if there was a slot that receiver was held in on remote but there isn't.

Mine is under the battery cover

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

MRTULES wrote: »
    Just wondering is there a consensus on which model/make is the best "bang for your buck"? I've seen a good few names and brands mentioned throughout the thread. What's the go to model and specs and what sort of price should I be looking for? Is Amazon the best place to buy?
    As for a wireless KB/mouse or remote or fly mouse, same questions as above please.

Thanks in advance

http://openelec.tv - The wetek openELEC build is €53.99 this week for a couple of days.
    Well worth it at that price with their support and forums.
    I have two, they were nothing ground breaking when I bought them (at €109 each), and I'm pretty sure I've complained about them a couple of times on these forums, but now, with what they can do, €54 is a very good price.
    Im not sure how much I'd be willing to pay for shipping.
    I definitely wouldnt pay more than €70 delivered, but that would go for any Android type box.

With all of the help these come with, and updates etc.. I wouldn't look much further, especially at that price.

If there's not a load of hoops to jump through, Ill be buying 2 for Christmas presents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Got my mouse it's a grand job! The Bluetooth part is in the battery cover plate not the part where you pot the battery's

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Got my mouse it's a grand job! The Bluetooth part is in the battery cover plate not the part where you pot the battery's

Fair play, its in the cover here too, had been looking in the compartment not the lid beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Allyall wrote: »
    http://openelec.tv - The wetek openELEC build is €53.99 this week for a couple of days.
    Well worth it at that price with their support and forums.
    I have two, they were nothing ground breaking when I bought them (at €109 each), and I'm pretty sure I've complained about them a couple of times on these forums, but now, with what they can do, €54 is a very good price.
    Im not sure how much I'd be willing to pay for shipping.
    I definitely wouldnt pay more than €70 delivered, but that would go for any Android type box.

With all of the help these come with, and updates etc.. I wouldn't look much further, especially at that price.

If there's not a load of hoops to jump through, Ill be buying 2 for Christmas presents.

Allyall,
    I just checked this out for the crack and its from €53.99 when you buy 12 of em!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

According to OpenELEC their discount code will be valid after 26.11.2015 00:00

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

Anyone have one of these or any thoughts/opinions on them
    Zidoo x6 pro

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Redriddick wrote: »
    Allyall,
    I just checked this out for the crack and its from €53.99 when you buy 12 of em!!!!

:confused:

I know they were originally selling them to resellers for €80, but even that was ridiculous.

But €53 for 12 shouldnt even be marketed as a Black Friday deal. Stupid.
    Sorry about that.

- I just checked the forum where I saw it, the entire thread has been removed :eek: possibly put into archives. It had hundreds of comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

http://www.freetv.ie/amiko-a3.html

I saw these mentioned in another thread, any opinions on them?

What do you think of that air mouse then lads? if the cursor is moving too fast change the pointer speed in settings! set it to half way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

Thought this was going be great deal for 53, not many can order 12

Allyall wrote: »
    :confused:

I know they were originally selling them to resellers for €80, but even that was ridiculous.

But €53 for 12 shouldnt even be marketed as a Black Friday deal. Stupid.
    Sorry about that.

- I just checked the forum where I saw it, the entire thread has been removed :eek: possibly put into archives. It had hundreds of comments.
    ju

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

What do you think of that air mouse then lads? if the cursor is moving too fast change the pointer speed in settings! set it to half way.

Howd I do that? On the box it's self? Ya I like the air mouse very very handy and gotten for very cheap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,420 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

http://www.freetv.ie/amiko-a3.html

I saw these mentioned in another thread, any opinions on them?

i know lads running the amiko mini combo. work very well if err emm 'setup' properly!

Advertisement