Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Allyall wrote: »
    It's unlikely that you will get one from China fully loaded.

Got one in last week with Kodi set up on it and a load of addons, did a fresh install myself and put a different build on it anyway so was of not much use to me, but they are being supplied 'fully loaded' direct from China.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 FluffyHamster

kodistar wrote: »
    Hi there,

usully once you keep it under 150 euro your all right after that expect customs to hit you with charge.hope i helped.

Ah ok I was wondering cause when I ordered the box I have now which cost 30 something euro customs charged me €15. When I got the box they'd literally just cut a little line in the packaging didn't even bother taking the box out and charged me for it haha I just put it down to me being unlucky that they picked out my box

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

eamonnq wrote: »
    Got one in last week with Kodi set up on it and a load of addons, did a fresh install myself and put a different build on it anyway so was of not much use to me, but they are being supplied 'fully loaded' direct from China.

Really? Maybe they do now, was it a decent build of Kodi, or was it a crappy build like the one when you scroll down?
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/MXQ-Tv-Box-Amlogic-S805-Quad-Core-Google-Android-4-4-Kitkat-1GB-RAM-8GB-ROM/32252165874.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.108.3RhFM8&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_1_79_78_77_80,searchweb201644_5,searchweb201560_10

They're the ones I mean are useless, You'll end up wiping anyway. Better without it.

MoodeRator wrote: »

Thank I will give this a try. I have not tried openELEC before, but maybe a better option for streaming rather than androids apps. Do you just use KODI and add-ons with this?
    Yeah. OpenELEC is pretty much just Kodi.

Way better than Android, but if someone is used to the apps, then you can leave them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Really? Maybe they do now, was it a decent build of Kodi, or was it a crappy build like the one when you scroll down?
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/MXQ-Tv-Box-Amlogic-S805-Quad-Core-Google-Android-4-4-Kitkat-1GB-RAM-8GB-ROM/32252165874.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.108.3RhFM8&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_1_79_78_77_80,searchweb201644_5,searchweb201560_10

They're the ones I mean are useless, You'll end up wiping anyway. Better without it.

Yep, pretty much like that, did not spend too long looking at it and put a Christmas build on it (for now!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

kodistar wrote: »
    Hi there,

usully once you keep it under 150 euro your all right after that expect customs to hit you with charge.hope i helped.

That's not right. You can be hit with custom and handling charges for anything over €25.

coldfire1x wrote: »
    That's not right. You can be hit with custom and handling charges for anything over €25.

Yep.
    It's unlikely An Post will hit you if it's less than €30, but they can. And will charge you €7 on top of Duty/Vat.

DHL will hit you as soon as it goes above €23 and charge you €10 on top of Duty/Vat.

It's pot luck with An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Yeah, it used to slip through quite often couple of years back but lately more often than not you will end up paying custom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

whats the current budget android/kodi box of choice?
    fire stick any use £25 in newry?

• Advertisement

neacy69 wrote: »
    fire stick any use?

Excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

any offers on firestick

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

GY A1 wrote: »
    any offers on firestick

amazon have it on offer today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Actually saw a YouTube review of that exact box at lunch.

Very tempted myself.

https://youtu.be/s-RKRVldjC4

Ah nice one I hadn't checked his channel in a couple of days
    I actually bought the PIPO X8 because he recommended it

enno99 wrote: »
    Ah nice one I hadn't checked his channel in a couple of days
    I actually bought the PIPO X8 because he recommended it

He seems quite good actually. Just started to follow him recently.

He seems quite good actually. Just started to follow him recently.

Don't buy any of his subs.
    Anything he seems to touch turns..

I'll leave it there, but don't buy Boyz Toyz sub or preferably, use his addons.
    He seems well liked and a nice guy, he just also seems a bit 'confused' when it comes to unwritten rules, grey areas..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭BandMember

I'll leave it there, but don't buy sub or preferably, use his addons.
    He seems well liked and a nice guy, he just also seems a bit 'confused' when it comes to unwritten rules, grey areas..

I think we'll leave the add on chat to the other thread, but I would completely agree with you. He certainly seems to be a very divisive figure and has developed a bad reputation for playing hard and fast with the rules......

Hadn't planned on subbing to anything. I had thought he gets a bit muddled up alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

Well I have seen many devs and builders join him on his live shows
    who exactly did he piss off ?

• Advertisement

enno99 wrote: »
    Well I have seen many devs and builders join him on his live shows
    who exactly did he piss off ?

Google May - August. When he started first appearing more.

I have no intentions of bashing the guy, but I was just recommending not to throw money his direction.

Guys I was going to pick up a second M8S like the one linked in the first page by Daytob.

Only problem is now it dosent seem to be shipping to Ireland ? I could have sworn I got it shipped directly last time ? (Can't check because one of my friends bought it through his account)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Invincible

Guys I was going to pick up a second M8S like the one linked in the first page by Daytob.

Only problem is now it dosent seem to be shipping to Ireland ? I could have sworn I got it shipped directly last time ? (Can't check because one of my friends bought it through his account)

Does it have to be an M8S?
    I have an OTT M8S, bought from shining worth.com last December.
    The WiFi is poor on it compared to a Tronsmart MXIII S805 2G/8G I've got since.
    The M8s crashed lately, factory reset it, now it goes through process of connecting to Wi-Fi, but won't connect. I gave $85 for it, the Tronsmart MXIII can be got for $65 now, I know which I'd go for!

Invincible wrote: »
    Does it have to be an M8S?
    I have an OTT M8S, bought from shining worth.com last December.
    The WiFi is poor on it compared to a Tronsmart MXIII S805 2G/8G I've got since.
    The M8s crashed lately, factory reset it, now it goes through process of connecting to Wi-Fi, but won't connect. I gave $85 for it, the Tronsmart MXIII can be got for $65 now, I know which I'd go for!

No dosent have to be an M8S. Was going to pick up the Wetek in the group buy but the discount has finished so it seems a little expensive now.

Anyone recommendations ?

No dosent have to be an M8S. Was going to pick up the Wetek in the group buy but the discount has finished so it seems a little expensive now.

Anyone recommendations ?

It's still good value at 89
    It's 129 on wetek own web site

GY A1 wrote: »
    It's still good value at 89
    It's 129 on wetek own web site

€89 is a bit more than I have to spend unfortunately. And I've no real use for the tuners but they were a nice bonus when on sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Emmet if you need an address in the north, pm me.

I get stuff went to my folks all the time and usually get it next day from there. I'm 100% trustworthy.

Just a suggestion.

how much more powerful/faster is the say mx8 than a amaazon fire stick,
    firestick looks like a nice neat option for £25

€89 is a bit more than I have to spend unfortunately. And I've no real use for the tuners but they were a nice bonus when on sale.

Emmet if you need an address in the north, pm me.

I get stuff went to my folks all the time and usually get it next day from there. I'm 100% trustworthy.

Just a suggestion.

Cheers Banjo appreciate that.

GY A1 I see Padair has gotten an email back from Wetek and they'll supply the box for €60. I think I'll go back with that.

Not sure about the Fire Stick I think I'd prefer the Fire TV to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Cheers Banjo appreciate that.

GY A1 I see Padair has gotten an email back from Wetek and they'll supply the box for €60. I think I'll go back with that.

Not sure about the Fire Stick I think I'd prefer the Fire TV to be honest.

I've a Fire TV in my basket on amazon.co.uk for about two weeks now , was waiting to see if it dropped in price for Black Friday or Cyber Monday ...it didn't :( .

Most of the reviews on " Best Kodi Boxes " seem to rate it highly .

Advertisement