Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

jonski wrote: »
    I've a Fire TV in my basket on amazon.co.uk for about two weeks now , was waiting to see if it dropped in price for Black Friday or Cyber Monday ...it didn't :( .

Most of the reviews on " Best Kodi Boxes " seem to rate it highly .

The lads after getting 12 together to get a discount in the otger Kodi thread if that is any interest to you. Think they are going to order tonight or tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

emmetkenny wrote: »
    The lads after getting 12 together to get a discount in the otger Kodi thread if that is any interest to you. Think they are going to order tonight or tomorrow.

I've been following that thread alright , not really sold on that box though .

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Golfmk4

Hi Guys

hoping somebody can help me,

i purchased 2 wetek play boxes from dreambox xmbc ireland, boxes working perfectly but recording function not so great skipping etc and very slow, i was reading this issue was fixed on new version of kodi
    I am running kodi 14.2 i contacted them about upgrading to new kodi but they said they cant for another while.

me being inpatient upgraded one of the boxes myself to kodi 15.2.

i am usually very good with technology (i work in I.T) so tried copying over settings for oscam and hts tv headend, using the correct passwords and usernames as these obviously cant be the same but im having no luck!

could anybody assit me on what to do?

oscam is a newer version and to be honest i havent a clue what im doing!

help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

better ask where u bought it from
    im sure there helpful if paying for there service's

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

I've been toing and froing for over a week now on which android box to buy and keep changing my mind so asking for a recommendation.

I dont really want to spend more than 70euro but I would if I thought it was really worth it.

I want something mainly for live sports but also for movies and tv shows.

Even though I have kodi on a laptop and am familiar and comfortable with it, I think id prefer something preloaded. For live sports, i find the kodi stream stalls too much for my liking so that really is a priority!

And help is appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭BandMember

Golfmk4 wrote: »
    i purchased 2 wetek play boxes from dreambox xmbc ireland

That crowd were mentioned earlier on this thread and people were warned that they do not have a good reputation at all. You may end up having a lot of problems with your purchases I'm afraid.... :(
    stdidit wrote: »
    I've been toing and froing for over a week now on which android box to buy and keep changing my mind so asking for a recommendation.

I dont really want to spend more than 70euro but I would if I thought it was really worth it.

Even though I have kodi on a laptop and am familiar and comfortable with it, I think id prefer something preloaded. For live sports, i find the kodi stream stalls too much for my liking so that really is a priority!

And help is appreciated!

If you read the thread, even back a few pages, you'll find more than recommendations to suit both your budget and your needs. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,421 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

And help is appreciated!

you're probably better off paying for a streaming service if you go with an android box. i believe theyre far better than the free services. you might be able to find advice on which services here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057313961&page=58

apologies, i have no advice on android boxes as i havent bought one myself.

for the ultimate viewing experience, your best bet would probably be a satellite or cable box that can also run kodi. best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Thanks

As mentioned, the place where you bought it should help. If not, the Wetek Forums where you registered the box will definitely help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭mckar

Hi Guys

hoping somebody can help me,

i purchased 2 wetek play boxes from dreambox xmbc ireland, boxes working perfectly but recording function not so great skipping etc and very slow, i was reading this issue was fixed on new version of kodi
    I am running kodi 14.2 i contacted them about upgrading to new kodi but they said they cant for another while.

me being inpatient upgraded one of the boxes myself to kodi 15.2.

i am usually very good with technology (i work in I.T) so tried copying over settings for oscam and hts tv headend, using the correct passwords and usernames as these obviously cant be the same but im having no luck!

Thanks

Get intouch with these guys www.droidstar.com
    Or u should go up to the shop in coolmine beside powercity where the droidstar shop is they are great for helping. I was looking at the dream box ones aswel they don't seem to have great feedback glad I never. I didn't originally get my first Box from them either and they helped me out tons. I generally would never buy a cheap one again without the help from them I'd be lost. But I am not the greatest with all that stuff anyway.

Pulled the trigger on the Fire TV tonight , it has dropped to £65 so I figured that would be as low as it would go . Will the remote be ok with this or should I buy one with the keyboard on the back like the MeLE F10 Lite ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭xlogo

jonski wrote:
    Pulled the trigger on the Fire TV tonight , it has dropped to £65 so I figured that would be as low as it would go . Will the remote be ok with this or should I buy one with the keyboard on the back like the MeLE F10 Lite ?

Remote works fine for me - is it the 4k version you got?

xlogo wrote: »
    Remote works fine for me - is it the 4k version you got?

yup

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    you're probably better off paying for a streaming service if you go with an android box. i believe theyre far better than the free services. you might be able to find advice on which services here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057313961&page=58

apologies, i have no advice on android boxes as i havent bought one myself.

for the ultimate viewing experience, your best bet would probably be a satellite or cable box that can also run kodi. best of luck with it

Just want to say thanks for linking me to that thread. I didn't realise it until now but that is exactly what I was looking for!

I signed up for a free trial for paid iptv subscription based on what I read in there and the streams have been absolutely perfect so far, even on my laptop which was dodgy at best with the free streams.

Im going to wait and see how the football works on saturday before pulling the trigger but really appreciate the advise.

All going well, i might pick up a cheap box and just run kodi off it instead of using laptop.

Just want to say thanks for linking me to that thread. I didn't realise it until now but that is exactly what I was looking for!

I signed up for a free trial for paid iptv subscription based on what I read in there and the streams have been absolutely perfect so far, even on my laptop which was dodgy at best with the free streams.

Im going to wait and see how the football works on saturday before pulling the trigger but really appreciate the advise.

All going well, i might pick up a cheap box and just run kodi off it instead of using laptop.

Do we really have to remind people yet again about keeping the talk about add ons (especially subscription ones) to the other thread or else this one will end up being closed down?

Between that and the same question(s) being asked all the time, I'm beginning to wonder do people actually bother to read thread threads anymore or just jump in and post without bothering to check if their question(s) has already been answered?? :confused:

(stdidit - I'm not having a pop at you alone, but I feel like it's Groundhog Day on this thead, and others, at times....)

I didn't mention any specific add on (on purpose)... I was given some good advise and just felt the need to say thanks.

Saying that, if I've done something wrong then I apologize and have no problem removing my post if needed

No worries. I'll give you kudos for saying thanks to the people who helped you - always good to see around here! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

Is there any better bang for your buck ATM then the fire TV box for 65 pounds?
    Seems a good price but I wouldn't be using it for any Amazon services.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

I'd get the wetek play box in a group buy if you can. 60-70 all in. Awaiting mine.

Can someone pm me please :( I upgraded to kodi 15.2 and have lost all my settings! Xmbc Ireland won't help me as they don't support it! It was streaming off the sky dish and needed internet aswel! Help cuz I'm lost!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Can someone pm me please :( I upgraded to kodi 15.2 and have lost all my settings! Xmbc Ireland won't help me as they don't support it! It was streaming off the sky dish and needed internet aswel! Help cuz I'm lost!

Would they 'support it' if you pay them more money ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Who set it up for you?
    Surely they will put it back to the way it was?

They will revert it back to kodi 14 but it's a brutal version! Slow and issues with playing back recorded tv!

eamonnq wrote: »

Would they 'support it' if you pay them more money ?

Possibly but I paid enough for the box!

you've paid for there setup and there services
    why should someone else fix it for u when you've forked out to that business

Not being smart, but this is why people need to read threads fully and/or do their research before they buy anything (whether it's an android box or any type of purchase) as there are a lot of sellers out there who do not have a good reputation. There was a number of warnings posted about that supplier on the thread. Let's put it this way, there is a lot of people who have very expensive paperweights.... :(

If you look at their sites, you will see that there are loads of people complaining about having problems shortly after they purchase and getting no customer support whatsoever, so it's not just you.

Can you post a link for the ad that you purchased the box from? If you can, we can try to find something about the terms and conditions, warranty, guarantee or customer service that we can use to help you.

GY A1 wrote: »
    you've paid for there setup and there services
    why should someone else fix it for u when you've forked out to that business

Because I'm asking people would they help me because I know the company I bought it off won't? You obviously can't or don't want to help me, maybe some other person might???
    THANKS

BandMember wrote: »
    Not being smart, but this is why people need to read threads fully and/or do their research before they buy anything (whether it's an android box or any type of purchase) as there are a lot of sellers out there who do not have a good reputation. There was a number of warnings posted about that supplier on the thread. Let's put it this way, there is a lot of people who have very expensive paperweights.... :(

If you look at their sites, you will see that there are loads of people complaining about having problems shortly after they purchase and getting no customer support whatsoever, so it's not just you.

Can you post a link for the ad that you purchased the box from? If you can, we can try to find something about the terms and conditions, warranty, guarantee or customer service that we can use to help you.

The site I bought it off is gone now and they have me blocked from there Facebook page!

They are offering to revert it back to kodi 14 if I post it back but it's too slow, recordings won't play at all and this is a common issue in kodi 14!
    I would be willing to pay somebody even to help me!

demand your money back off that guy if he wont fix it for u,
    have heard of loads of people complaing about him and his services

• Registered Users Posts: 29,421 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

GY A1 wrote: »
    demand your money back off that guy if he wont fix it for u,
    have heard of loads of people complaing about him and his services

i know somebody that got a background check done on one of these type of sellers, might be the same guy. stay away!

• Advertisement

Because I'm asking people would they help me because I know the company I bought it off won't? You obviously can't or don't want to help me, maybe some other person might???
    THANKS

Again, and I'm not having a pop at you specifically, I think that regulars here are fed up with people not bothering to read the thread or do any research into what they are buying or who they are buying it from and just jumping in here with "anyone know where I can get a box for €40/50/60?" or "I bought a box and now it won't work, fix it for me" posts. In fairness, you've been polite and I would help you if I can, but, it looks like you've just made a very expensive mistake I'm afraid and bought from a bad seller.
    The site I bought it off is gone now and they have me blocked from there Facebook page!

They are offering to revert it back to kodi 14 if I post it back but it's too slow, recordings won't play at all and this is a common issue in kodi 14!
    I would be willing to pay somebody even to help me!

The site is gone and they've blocked you on FB - let me guess, they are not answering their phone either? That seems to be their classic business model! As I said before, they were ran from Adverts in a hail of complaints and arguments with customers and their FB page disappeared as well. They just seem to pop up every now and then, sell a load of boxes, get bombarded with complaints from irate customers before disappearing until the heat dies down and they resurface to do the same all over again.

I'll be honest with you, unless you can get one of the kind and helpful souls here to help you, you might be out of luck. I would offer to help you myself but I don't know anything about that type of box. Sorry! :(

Advertisement