Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭BandMember

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    Is the minix still the best out there? Currently €150 fully loaded around. Ended up canceling my wetek order. Still unsure. Getting fibre broadband during the week so should make a difference.

For me, the best Minix X-8H Plus is by far the best box on the market at the moment. It's one of the more expensive ones, but worth every cent. Very user friendly (even for beginners) and easy to do OTA firmware updates which keeps everything ticking over ok. The one thing that I would say though is the remote is sh*te (like it is for all android boxes) so I would recommend getting a proper one. I posted a link earlier in the thread for a supplier which I have purchased a number of these boxes and remotes from and I can vouch for them as a reputable source, all the boxes work great. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Lads, how much of a deal breaker is 1gb of ram?
    I saw an android satellite box last week somewhere (possibly here) and was considering it to replace my current one so I can have satellite and kodi, but it only has 1gb of ram.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,774 ✭✭✭✭dahat

The_B_Man wrote: »
    I saw an android satellite box last week somewhere (possibly here) and was considering it to replace my current one so I can have satellite and kodi, but it only has 1gb of ram.

If it is solely for Kodi then look for a box that you can flash Open Elec to. I run all.my Kodi systems on OE as it is far quicker than Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Invincible

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    Is the minix still the best out there? Currently €150 fully loaded around. Ended up canceling my wetek order. Still unsure. Getting fibre broadband during the week so should make a difference.

MINIX x8H plus €134.90 on Amazon.De.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Invincible wrote: »

Have the x8H (non plus variant) since launch. Bullet proof 2GB/16GB with the aformentioned OTA updates. Coupled with a logitech K400 keyboard. Add a logitech 920 webcam, and skype really comes to life. It's a superb piece of kit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The_B_Man wrote: »

Is this it?

http://www.satworld.ie/amiko-a3-silver.html

It's £99.90 on Amazon.co.UK at the moment, which is a bit less unless you've got the €10 voucher mentioned elsewhere for Amazon.De.

MINIX 8H plus screenshot attached.

zerks wrote: »

It was probably the Wetek for €54 in the group buy organised in bargain alerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭dave_t

Has anybody had the red light issue with the Beelink X2? It seems bricked. Won't turn on. I've tried to flash firmware on it but I am getting "Burn firmware failure".

Not sure what to try now. Probably just get a refund but would like to avoid trying to get one from Gearbest if possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

dave_t wrote: »
    Has anybody had the red light issue with the Beelink X2? It seems bricked. Won't turn on. I've tried to flash firmware on it but I am getting "Burn firmware failure".

Not sure what to try now. Probably just get a refund but would like to avoid trying to get one from Gearbest if possible.

Have you a USB Type A to Type A cable?

Allyall wrote: »

Yes, I was using that to try to flash it with Phoenix Suit

Yes, I was using that to try to flash it with Phoenix Suit

Have you image 106k4?
    and what error are you getting - Burn image failed (or similar)?

Are you pushing reset button as you attach it?

Have you image 106k4?
    and what error are you getting - Burn image failed (or similar)?

Are you pushing reset button as you attach it?

yes, I've tried all the methods I can find. I get the option that I should in order to flash but it seems to disconnect and fails at 7% with "Burn firmware failed" message.

I was trying with 203k4 and a custom rom that I found.

yes, I've tried all the methods I can find. I get the option that I should in order to flash but it seems to disconnect and fails at 7% with "Burn firmware failed" message.

I was trying with 203k4 and a custom rom that I found.

In broken English, but seems to have worked for others with the same problem.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/allwinner-tv-players/531151-x2-h3-box-images-customized-for-freaktab/page6

In particular:
    Install phoenix card. Get 16gb or 32gb class 10 sd card for fastest speed. In phoenix card choose rom. Check startup instead of product. Product is supposed to create sd that flashes box automatically. Also fails to flash. Startup option creates bootable sd. Box runs quite well off sd and I have 29 gb internal space for apps..lol..

I used superceleron rom in sticky. First boot is longest due to setup . After take 1min30 to boot with a few apps installed. Once flashed sd is in just turn on box with remote and wait for setup and box to reach main screen.

In broken English, but seems to have worked for others with the same problem.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/allwinner-tv-players/531151-x2-h3-box-images-customized-for-freaktab/page6

In particular:

Thanks, I saw that already too. If I had an SD card I'd try it but I waited a few days for a USB cable and that didn't work so might just be forced to get a refund at this stage. It's a Xmas present so need to try to find another box to order now that might be more reliable.

Appreciate the help anyway. Cheers

Thanks, I saw that already too. If I had an SD card I'd try it but I waited a few days for a USB cable and that didn't work so might just be forced to get a refund at this stage. It's a Xmas present so need to try to find another box to order now that might be more reliable.

Appreciate the help anyway. Cheers

They may give you a refund, but they'll wait until they receive it back first. (Quite pricey to ship to China).

Try 106k4 in Phoenix Suit as a last attempt.

They may give you a refund, but they'll wait until they receive it back first. (Quite pricey to ship to China).

Try 106k4 in Phoenix Suit as a last attempt.

I just tried 106k4 and 104k4 after you mentioned it awhile ago. No good. Same issue with all of them. Frustrating.

I just tried 106k4 and 104k4 after you mentioned it awhile ago. No good. Same issue with all of them. Frustrating.

Did you try this?

I've one of these arriving tomorrow for my Mothers neighbour. I'll be doing the same, So I'm sure I'll have the same issues.
    I'll be trying all of them anyway, because unlike some, I'm not a fan of the OTA updates, not without an option anyway.
    That said, whatever is causing the issue, I'm sure they'll release a fix pretty quick. That box has been heavily supported by Trigtop and the other guy since it was released.

Did you try this?

I've one of these arriving tomorrow for my Mothers neighbour. I'll be doing the same, So I'm sure I'll have the same issues.
    I'll be trying all of them anyway, because unlike some, I'm not a fan of the OTA updates, not without an option anyway.
    That said, whatever is causing the issue, I'm sure they'll release a fix pretty quick. That box has been heavily supported by Trigtop and the other guy since it was released.

Yes, tried that also. I get through all of that and it begins flashing but stops at 7%. It seems like the box disconnects once flashing begins.

Same as these guys: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/allwinner-tv-players/531151-x2-h3-box-images-customized-for-freaktab?p=538955#post538955

I wouldn't mind but it's completely unusable now. Trigtop hasn't been online there in almost 2 weeks. Hopefully he'll add a fix soon.

• Advertisement

Did you format it first?
    I know it's not necessary, but it may help.

Then power button repetitively while connected, until it is detected.

I know you've read it, but that seems to be literally the last step, and the one with most success rate between the three threads.

Did you format it first?
    I know it's not necessary, but it may help.

Then power button repetitively while connected, until it is detected.

I know you've read it, but that seems to be literally the last step, and the one with most success rate between the three threads.

Yes, tried formatting, doesn't get to that point either, and tried all the variations of power button pressing and recovery button pressing unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

zerks wrote: »
    It was probably the Wetek for €54 in the group buy organised in bargain alerts.

I'm looking at both now. It was the Amiko I was lookin at originally. Both seem to have 1GB RAM. I've already got a freeview sat box.

1GB might be grand on a standard android box running Kodi, but then add in the satellite component and I'd be a bit wary. Was hoping to get first hand reports saying what it was like with sat+kodi and 1GB RAM.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Does the amazon firestick work in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Dcully wrote: »

Give me another few days until it arrives and I'll tell you how the Amazon Fire TV works .................... or doesn't :(

Dcully wrote: »

Yep. Some of the Apps don't, but that's moot once you can install kodi etc. (which you can).

Some stores are selling it cheaper than Amazon, I think argos UK is one of them, which may require Parcel Motel/Wizard.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Can somebody please PM me a good Add on that does live tv, i was using one but it seems to have gone (authentication failure)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,421 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

i recommend you folks take this pm stuff to another place! thanks

Waits for Band member to give advice about not asking for PM's.................

Reason last thread got shut!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Apologies, deleted.

Advertisement