Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Keith186 wrote: »
    I've a 1TB drive in FAT32 and I wouldn't be bothered changing it at this stage. Does it power a full external hard drive ok?

No idea , mine is NTFS , and has its own power source .

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭wozza

Keith186 wrote: »
    Looking to get one of these boxes or a mini windows one.

Basically will want to use it for kodi, Netflix in HD, attaching hard drive to play media and possibly as a torrent client the odd time. Anyone got any recommendations?

Was close to getting MINIX Neo Plus S812 but found out most boxes don't do Netflix in HD.

Emmet, does your new AFTV play files from an attached hard drive?
    I know it seems to be one of the few Android that does Netflix HD.

I am reliably informed that the new Minix neo U1 does netflix just going to collect mine today from parcel motel via amazon uk about 150 euro with A2 air mouse, also looking forward to a wider selection of games than is available through sony android tv playstore althoough kodi is 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

wozza wrote: »
    I am reliably informed that the new Minix neo U1 does netflix just going to collect mine today from parcel motel via amazon uk about 150 euro with A2 air mouse, also looking forward to a wider selection of games than is available through sony android tv playstore althoough kodi is 100%

Ended up going with Wetek Core for €120 last night.

Just a quick update as I only had an hour with the U1 last night .

It's my first box but had a few Android phones and tablets in past good n bad, but I will say this box is fast to boot/start up. had a few problems initially with kodi, as v16 jarvis beta 3 is pre installed and couldnt get it to recognise a couple of the the things I typed in source's. so I uninstalled 16 and d/l 15.2 issengard to it, and then realised user error was to blame and 16 may well have worked fine.

However I will say that in direct comparison to the Sony Android tv I have been using for Kodi this box is far superior in both picture quality and sound, also programes briefly glanced at when clicked didnt take as long to load as thru TV version of app.

For those interested it has android 5.1.1 lollipop OS, 2 Gb ram, 16 Gb rom, plays 4k @ 60fps via s905 chip, penta core mali 450 GPU, twin wifi recievers, HDMI 2.0, 3 USB's & 1 OTG port, Netflix, Youtube playstore etc pre installed and upgrading firmware was very easy to do and that is as far as I have played so far.

I have to say love this box, at 150 euro all in, it may seem a bit expensive to some for a box, but that did include an A2 lite air mouse (dont want/need voice control of A2 version), next day delivery from amazon UK to Belfast parcel motel, and then onto my local pick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

It's my first box but had a few Android phones and tablets in past good n bad, but I will say this box is fast to boot/start up. had a few problems initially with kodi, as v16 jarvis beta 3 is pre installed and couldnt get it to recognise a couple of the the things I typed in source's. so I uninstalled 16 and d/l 15.2 issengard to it, and then realised user error was to blame and 16 may well have worked fine.

However I will say that in direct comparison to the Sony Android tv I have been using for Kodi this box is far superior in both picture quality and sound, also programes briefly glanced at when clicked didnt take as long to load as thru TV version of app.

For those interested it has android 5.1.1 lollipop OS, 2 Gb ram, 16 Gb rom, plays 4k @ 60fps via s905 chip, penta core mali 450 GPU, twin wifi recievers, HDMI 2.0, 3 USB's & 1 OTG port, Netflix, Youtube playstore etc pre installed and upgrading firmware was very easy to do and that is as far as I have played so far.

I have to say love this box, at 150 euro all in, it may seem a bit expensive to some for a box, but that did include an A2 lite air mouse (dont want/need voice control of A2 version), next day delivery from amazon UK to Belfast parcel motel, and then onto my local pick up.

Was thinking of getting a WETEK CORE, would this be as good or better ?

• Advertisement

eamonnq wrote: »
    Was thinking of getting a WETEK CORE, would this be as good or better ?

Cant comment on the wetek as I know nothing about them, they have a good reputation alledgedly.

My own short experience with the Minix U1 is that it is a fantastic box and I only scratched surface of it. but I would recomend it even tho it's not a cheap box by any means.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Capone79

I just got my Minix U1 today with an air mouse( haven't used it yet) still clicking away on the cheap one lol. I must say this box looks and feels great but I'm sitting here with Kodi in front of me with no clue what to do after trying that add fusion source but it didn't work. Can you give me some info on where or how to get started watching movies etc, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Capone79 wrote: »
    I just got my Minix U1 today with an air mouse( haven't used it yet) still clicking away on the cheap one lol. I must say this box looks and feels great but I'm sitting here with Kodi in front of me with no clue what to do after trying that add fusion source but it didn't work. Can you give me some info on where or how to get started watching movies etc, cheers!

https://seo-michael.co.uk/

http://tutorial-iptv-xbmc.blogspot.ie/2015/09/the-black-box-build-wizard-add-on-for.html

We can't tell you here what the build in the 2nd link does but it'll give you pretty much everything you need to get the box up to what you want it to do.

zerks wrote: »
    https://seo-michael.co.uk/

http://tutorial-iptv-xbmc.blogspot.ie/2015/09/the-black-box-build-wizard-add-on-for.html

We can't tell you here what the build in the 2nd link does but it'll give you pretty much everything you need to get the box up to what you want it to do.

I got it sorted, does that build have live tv UK and IE etc or what are the best addons for that? Thanks.

I got it sorted, does that build have live tv UK and IE etc or what are the best addons for that? Thanks.

second link is excellent, it will have pretty much everything you desire with different builds available to swap to for differing moods ;)

you tube has instructional's in their name

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Hi guys, I'm looking to future proof a bit and want something that will play H.265 content and 4k also. To be honest, I used an Android box in the early days and it was a nightmare to get anything running smoothly but it seems things have gotten much better.

I've used OpenELEC and Kodi on an Intel NUC, a Raspberry Pi, and am currently using OSMC on a Raspberry Pi 2. I love OSMC but want to switch back to something a bit more powerful.

second link is excellent, it will have pretty much everything you desire with different builds available to swap to for differing moods ;)

you tube has instructional's in their name

Nice, do you know any difference between Ivue, Renegade or Black Box? Or are they all as good?

Nice, do you know any difference between Ivue, Renegade or Black Box? Or are they all as good?

I haven't used any of those myself but a quick looks shows me they all pretty much use the same sources/add on's as most of the ones I have tried, really the main difference is the interface/skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭BandMember

Kur4mA wrote: »
    Hi guys, I'm looking to future proof a bit and want something that will play H.265 content and 4k also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSmp7xqwgoM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

BandMember wrote: »

I don't think this will do Netflix in HD will it?

Kur4mA wrote: »
    I don't think this will do Netflix in HD will it?

If you do a Google search, you will see that Netflix and android boxes is a very complicated issue....

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/why-android-and-other-devices-cant-stream-hd-netflix/

http://www.minixforum.com/threads/netflix-apk.707/page-12

Netflix works without issues on the Fire TV for me .

If you do a Google search, you will see that Netflix and android boxes is a very complicated issue....

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/why-android-and-other-devices-cant-stream-hd-netflix/

http://www.minixforum.com/threads/netflix-apk.707/page-12

I looked at the x8 an was going to get it but the new neo u1 was released 3 weeks ago with a better spec so i went for it instead, it has netflix app onboard so in theory should play from app in hd n 4k if available

Warren

jonski wrote: »
    Netflix works without issues on the Fire TV for me .

He asked for Netlfix HD. Ordinary Netflix works on any device.

I looked at the x8 an was going to get it but the new neo u1 was released 3 weeks ago with a better spec so i went for it instead, it has netflix app onboard so in theory should play from app in hd n 4k if available

Warren

The X-8 H Plus can play 4k as well and should theoretically play Netflix HD. However, if you read the links that I posted, you will see why they are not recommended. I don't use Netflix myself but I've tried 720, 1080 and 4k streams on the Minix and all have played perfectly.

• Advertisement

He asked for Netlfix HD. Ordinary Netflix works on any device.

Ok , sorry about that , I'm a bit new to the whole Netflix thing . The one I have on now is playing in 1080p , is that not HD , is there some other setting I should be looking for . Or is it the case that you already know that the AFTV doesn't do Netflix HD ?

Ok , sorry about that , I'm a bit new to the whole Netflix thing . The one I have on now is playing in 1080p , is that not HD , is there some other setting I should be looking for . Or is it the case that you already know that the AFTV doesn't do Netflix HD ?

Well, he asked about an android box which plays Netflix HD - AFTV is not an android box. From what I understand, it's a completely different OS. Also, I presume that you are using the official Netflix app on your AFTV rather than Kodi or the android box app? So, really you're talking about two separate things.....

Well, he asked about an android box which plays Netflix HD - AFTV is not an android box. From what I understand, it's a completely different OS. Also, I presume that you are using the official Netflix app on your AFTV rather than Kodi or the android box app? So, really you're talking about two separate things.....

Ah , right so , I got a bit confused because a page or two back he was asking about a AFTV .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

Ah , right so , I got a bit confused because a page or two back he was asking about a AFTV .
    AFTV is pretty much an Android box and its one of 6 or 7 that can play Netflix in HD so you were right in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Lads I got the MXQ with 1channel preinstalled on it. I can watch movies on that but when trying to install the black box it say "error: script failed". Any idea how to fix this? Thanks.

Fakman87

Have you put in the source correctly ? then followed the correct procedure for correct install ? also better with a clean kodi (nothing on it)

search youtube for blackbox ostv for the step by step install, it will help you buddy

Fakman87 wrote:
    Lads I got the MXQ with 1channel preinstalled on it. I can watch movies on that but when trying to install the black box it say "error: script failed". Any idea how to fix this? Thanks.

The BB has been down since just before xmas due to excessive bandwidth usage .

Mine has been fine all over Xmas.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Your bb is down ? for excessive usage? wtf who are you with man?

I hope you mean the black box and not your broadband.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Dcully wrote: »
    Your bb is down ? for excessive usage? wtf who are you with man?

I hope you mean the black box and not your broadband.

He means the black box.

Advertisement