Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Lads I'm finding Kodi unnecessarily complicated. I'm running Paradox on it but don't see the point in having so many different addons. Is there one Movie and one TV addon that will contain most things I'm looking for?

Best not to mention certain builds and add-ons here,thread will be locked.Look here for instructions on installing add-ons in kodi yourself, https://www.google.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭BandMember

bazzz wrote: »
    And the thread is heading towards third party addons and builds again:rolleyes:

This will be closed like all the others before it.Small bit of advice don't use builds,learn to use Kodi from fresh.You'll enjoy it and learn something.For third party stuff go elsewhere to discuss it(plenty of google -able forums out there/Utube vids).

And then, just ten posts later.... :rolleyes:
    zerks wrote: »
    Best not to mention certain builds and add-ons here,thread will be locked.Look here for instructions on installing add-ons yourself, removed link mentioning third party add ons

Between people repeatedly mentioning third party add ons and the same "I want to buy a box, don't know what one to get, tell me now" posts every page or two, this thread is a perfect example of people not bothering to read any threads anymore/general laziness. There are a lot of good people on this thread who I will be forever grateful to for their help and information. I've found this one and other threads to be extremely helpful, but, if people can't be bothered to do their own research or read a few pages of a thread which gives specific examples (with direct links!) which answers their question, then I don't see why anyone would bother to help them. Probably can't be bothered to read the reply either...

Anyway, rant over. I'll see ye on the next thread about this topic when the admins inevitably close this one down.......just like the others..... :(

BandMember wrote: »
    And then, just ten posts later.... :rolleyes:

Between people repeatedly mentioning third party add ons and the same "I want to buy a box, don't know what one to get, tell me now" posts every page or two, this thread is a perfect example of people not bothering to read any threads anymore/general laziness. There are a lot of good people on this thread who I will be forever grateful to for their help and information. I've found this one and other threads to be extremely helpful, but, if people can't be bothered to do their own research or read a few pages of a thread which gives specific examples (with direct links!) which answers their question, then I don't see why anyone would bother to help them. Probably can't be bothered to read the reply either...

Anyway, rant over. I'll see ye on the next thread about this topic when the admins inevitably close this one down.......just like the others..... :(

I edited my post,best to edit yours to take out the quote with the original link although that site I linked to has been mentioned several times in the thread.It contains tutorials but certain add ons cannot be mentioned here.As you say it isn't hard for somebody to google add ons for kodi or certain apps that are mentioned all over facebook etc.

Just wondering, which is the correct version of Kodi 15.2 for a Minix X-8H box - is the X86 or arm release? Any help is appreciated. Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Just wondering, which is the correct version of Kodi 15.2 for a Minix X-8H box - is the X86 or arm release? Any help is appreciated. Thanks! :)

It's ARM for the X8H.

• Advertisement

It's ARM for the X8H.

Thanks a million for that, I wasn't sure. Going to update to 15.2 in the next few days (I think that's the most stable recent release?) as I've been using the pre-installed XBMC for Minix which is Gotham but a lot of the new add ons are no longer compatible with it, unfortunately.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Thanks a million for that, I wasn't sure. Going to update to 15.2 in the next few days (I think that's the most stable recent release?) as I've been using the pre-installed XBMC for Minix which is Gotham but a lot of the new add ons are no longer compatible with it, unfortunately.....

Kodi 16 is the latest stable release.

No bother,make sure just to keep a backup before you update.....just in case anything goes wrong.Jarvis might be stable enough 15.2 was never great.But you can try them all anyway,once you keep a backup spare.

No bother,make sure just to keep a backup before you update.....just in case anything goes wrong.Jarvis might be stable enough 15.2 was never great.But you can try them all anyway,once you keep a backup spare.

Yeah, I've got a back up saved on a memory stick so it'll only take a few seconds to sort out. I thought that 15.2 was more stable than 16.0, no? I've read a lot of people posting about having issues with Jarvis and it's obviously not a great release when they've gone on to release 17.0 already.....or maybe I'm wrong..... :confused:

Yeah, I've got a back up saved on a memory stick so it'll only take a few seconds to sort out. I thought that 15.2 was more stable than 16.0, no? I've read a lot of people posting about having issues with Jarvis and it's obviously not a great release when they've gone on to release 17.0 already.....or maybe I'm wrong..... :confused:

Jarvis is stable,even more so than Isengard in my opinion.I've been using Jarvis on multiple devices/OS's since early Beta's and have not really had any issues.Even Krypton is not so bad currently,but it is a long way off.Jarvis & Krypton might cause issues on some lower spec Android devices with the likes of Acceleration.But try Jarvis and see how it goes with your setup.

• Advertisement

Jarvis is stable,even more so than Isengard in my opinion.I've been using Jarvis on multiple devices/OS's since early Beta's and have not really had any issues.Even Krypton is not so bad currently,but it is a long way off.Jarvis & Krypton might cause issues on some lower spec Android devices with the likes of Acceleration.But try Jarvis and see how it goes with your setup.

Ok, cool, will do! Which version is the most stable though? There seems to be a few of them... https://kodi.tv/

• Registered Users Posts: 46 trevor1973

Could people advise me of the best of these types to purchase
    Ideally I would like it to include all the main channels as well as the Main sports stations plus movie from S**

Also Ko*i - Mob##ro Shob#x

How reliable is the service - due to being part of a Mayo Fibre to the home trial we get very very fast internet

Is there any ability to record - I find that's is a godsend - or can you add on something to record

been with a certain crowd since 1992 but price is now extortionate and the fact the football is broken up now btw diff organisations grates

Thanks in advance - I'm in hospital very sick so haven't been able to peruse all answered and it would be nice to have something to look forward to

there's so many & some are little better than a chromecast -,confused

T

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

trevor1973 wrote: »
    Could people advise me of the best of these types to purchase
    Ideally I would like it to include all the main channels as well as the Main sports stations plus movie from S**

Also Ko*i - Mob##ro Shob#x

How reliable is the service - due to being part of a Mayo Fibre to the home trial we get very very fast internet

Is there any ability to record - I find that's is a godsend - or can you add on something to record

been with a certain crowd since 1992 but price is now extortionate and the fact the football is broken up now btw diff organisations grates

Thanks in advance - I'm in hospital very sick so haven't been able to peruse all answered and it would be nice to have something to look forward to

there's so many & some are little better than a chromecast -,confused

T

Can't discuss how to get channels for free here or those add-on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Buy a cheap box load it up your self. Then get a free to air box as well.

People have unrealistic expectations when it comes to kodi. Kodi on its own can't replace a sky or UPC subscription.

Quoting a post a post off mine from awhile back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 56 ✭✭ahmsalo

Go for M8S i got mine from ebay search for 111920181745

its brilliant one and comes fullyloaded

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

ahmsalo wrote: »
    Go for M8S i got mine from ebay search for 111920181745

its brilliant one and comes fullyloaded

What kind of broadband speed are you getting to run it smoothly?

What kind of broadband speed are you getting to run it smoothly?

I have tested with 10MBS and its working good if higher speed even better

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Ordered two mxq from amazon for £25 each.....very happy with them !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

installed openelec 6.0.3 on mxq box and it has given it a new life...very fast and smooth !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

New to this, can I get someone to cast an eye over this box and tell me what you think ?
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/M9-KODI-S905-Android-5-1-Lollipop-TV-Box-Fully-Loaded-4K-Quad-Core-WiFI-Bluetoo-/191072676384?hash=item2c7cd1aa20:g:A5EAAOSwvgdW4XZb

it seems to be the 9+ is this a new version ?
    Also I wanted to ask what is the real advantage of 2gb ?
    I know this is only 1gb would I be better off with the 8+ version with 2gb or this one ?

Clearly I am lost here, so any help would be greatly appreciated :)

• Advertisement

sunny2004 wrote: »
    New to this, can I get someone to cast an eye over this box and tell me what you think ?
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/M9-KODI-S905-Android-5-1-Lollipop-TV-Box-Fully-Loaded-4K-Quad-Core-WiFI-Bluetoo-/191072676384?hash=item2c7cd1aa20:g:A5EAAOSwvgdW4XZb

I know this is only 1gb would I be better off with the 8+ version with 2gb or this one ?

Clearly I am lost here, so any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Anyone help me with this please ?

Arrests made in NE England of people selling "fully loaded" Android boxes.

https://torrentfreak.com/police-raid-pirate-android-box-sellers-six-arrested-160318/
    UK’s Police’s Intellectual Property Unit (PIPCU) has made a tiny dent in this illicit market after arresting several individuals said to be involved in the sale of ‘pirate’ boxes configured to stream content including movies and sport.

Following the execution of seven search warrants at as many locations in the north of England (Consett, Lanchester, Washington, Gateshead, Middlesbrough, Sunderland and Seamer), six people were arrested.

Police say that a 37 year-old man targeted in Sunderland was arrested on suspicion of distributing an unauthorized decoder, money laundering and making and/or supplying items for use in fraud.

The investigation, which was carried out with the assistance of Trading Standards and the Federation Against Copyright Theft (FACT), led to the seizure of 42 “illegally modified” set-top boxes configured to receive subscription-only TV.

1Gb its the ram so 2GB its faster one and i recommend it

Get the 2gb model,everything will run smoother on it.

zerks wrote: »
    Get the 2gb model,everything will run smoother on it.
    Ok, seems odd to me if the box below is the next generation ? can you suggest a 8+ box with 2gb ? thanks

Originally Posted by sunny2004 View Post

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/M9-KODI-S905-...EAAOSwvgdW4XZb

Clearly I am lost here, so any help would be greatly appreciated

Ok, seems odd to me if the box below is the next generation ? can you suggest a 8+ box with 2gb ? thanks

Originally Posted by sunny2004 View Post

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/M9-KODI-S905-...EAAOSwvgdW4XZb

Clearly I am lost here, so any help would be greatly appreciated

You've been given an answer above to go for the 2gb.

If your this lost at this early stage how are you going to be able to fix dead Addons or any problems that may arise?

I think you need to go and search Google and get more familiar with this technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,428 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

zerks wrote:
    Arrests made in NE England of people selling "fully loaded" Android boxes.

You d wanna be mad to be selling any sort of box. Loads of lads openly selling them round here. Only waiting for them to be pinched. Say they're making a killing though.

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    You d wanna be mad to be selling any sort of box. Loads of lads openly selling them round here. Only waiting for them to be pinched. Say they're making a killing though.

They are buying them for €20ish from China and selling them on for €70 in most cases.

Massive profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,428 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

emmetkenny wrote:
    They are buying them for €20ish from China and selling them on for €70 in most cases.

I'm not that impressed with these boxes though. Far better tech out there but they do the job I guess and the fact that I haven't bothered setting up things like Kodi properly to get the best out of it, surely doesn't help

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    You've been given an answer above to go for the 2gb.

If your this lost at this early stage how are you going to be able to fix dead Addons or any problems that may arise?

I think you need to go and search Google and get more familiar with this technology.

Thank you for taking the time replying, I appreciate it :)
    You are as expected totally correct that I received a reply to my question about the 2gb ram also :) again I thank you for taking your time to point this out..

My additional questions regarding if this box was in fact the latest version was not answered, oddly enough this was equally important to me in order to understand the technology..

In addition, you suggested that I use google, and also asked how I would cope with dead add ons if I was this lost with the technology at this early stage..

Well as I am relatively new to boards, I was hoping to get assistance if and only if it was required, the idea of using google for information, we both know could be applied to almost every single question asked on boards. wouldn't you agree ? In all the questions I have answered I have never suggested to anyone to google.. I have a background in computers, its a bit rusty but it did involve writing a book that was published some years ago and also owning a Dublin based computer manufacturing company, but as we both know the tech moves so fast in these fields its hard to keep up.. :)
    So again I apologise for asking was this the latest version of the box, and I apologise for taking up your time on this matter, may I humbly suggest if you consider my posts a waste of your time that you simply ignore them, or better still I could pass on my phone number by PM and we could chat about the tech and our polar opposite understanding of what boards is all about and what it means to both of us :)

Im sorry for the long reply, and I am not suggesting you are a keyboard worrior, I was simply trying to get an answer on a platform that I usually find extremely helpful..
    Looking forward to you reply and hoping we can chat further :)

Advertisement