Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

BandMember wrote: »
    Do you reckon it's a clone? The X8 is a few models old as well, would have gone for something newer than that...

I haven't a clue. Anything related to Gearbest...
    But if I'm relying on randomers to say "yep it's fine, 5 stars all the way"
    and "I love it, excellent box"

I'd prefer to order from somewhere more reliable to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭BandMember

Trond wrote: »
    Need to replace my last one because I stood on it :mad:

Sorry, but I have to ask - how the f**k did you manage that???? :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

BandMember wrote: »
    Sorry, but I have to ask - how the f**k did you manage that???? :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::D

Are you familiar with Powers John Lane? :D:(

Trond wrote: »
    Are you familiar with Powers John Lane? :D:(

Eh, it sent you climbing furniture?? :pac::pac:::pac::P:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Guys, I've tried and tried to do research on these Android boxes but just can't get my head around it at all. There seems to be far too many available that do far too many different things.

Can anyone recommend a box which has easy(-ish) installation, costs less than €100, will give me access to live TV/sports, and ideally can be ordered from Ireland or the UK (though this is not a deal breaker). It doesn't have to be fancy or flash, just something that will do the job to a high standard.

Thank you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

Paully D wrote: »
    Guys, I've tried and tried to do research on these Android boxes but just can't get my head around it at all. There seems to be far too many available that do far too many different things.

Can anyone recommend a box which has easy(-ish) installation, costs less than €100, will give me access to live TV/sports, and ideally can be ordered from Ireland or the UK (though this is not a deal breaker). It doesn't have to be fancy or flash, just something that will do the job to a high standard.

Thank you. :)
    i got a cubot x10 on adverts, it runs kodi without a blip, it acts as a modem, it runs both my pc and my giga blue box at the same time, i have many apps on it all run fine, it can make calls and send texts

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

flutered wrote: »
    i got a cubot x10 on adverts, it runs kodi without a blip, it acts as a modem, it runs both my pc and my giga blue box at the same time, i have many apps on it all run fine, it can make calls and send texts

How does it connect to a TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,433 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

flutered wrote:

Phones are impressive these days alright

degsie wrote: »
    How does it connect to a TV?
    an output cable from the fone which has a hdmi connector on the end of it, or stick a wifi connector on to the tv, i have a wifi thingy plugged ito a router then connected to both the giga blue and pc by cord, then hdmi connections to the telly

• Advertisement

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Phones are impressive these days alright
    it has 2 gigs of ram and an octo core processor, plus 16 gigs of ram space, it takes two sims and a mini sd card, i have a fondness or is it a weakness for buying tech stuff, this is by far the cheapest yoke that i ever bought

flutered wrote: »
    it has 2 gigs of ram and an octo core processor, plus 16 gigs of ram space, it takes two sims and a mini sd card, i have a fondness or is it a weakness for buying tech stuff, this is by far the cheapest yoke that i ever bought

I'd say he's either confused or lost, or both...

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

... or he's fallen in love with a piece of technology

google is our friend

styron wrote: »
    ... or he's fallen in love with a piece of technology

nah, i prefer the human touch when it come to love

• Registered Users Posts: 6,627 ✭✭✭bren2001

can anyone point me in the direction for firmware for an MX3 box. I bought it 2 years back for my Mam and it finally stopped working for her. She now wants Kodi etc. Can't seem to put my finger on where to update it though...?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

bren2001 wrote: »
    can anyone point me in the direction for firmware for an MX3 box. I bought it 2 years back for my Mam and it finally stopped working for her. She now wants Kodi etc. Can't seem to put my finger on where to update it though...?

If its the 2GB MX3 Try the first link here to the last firmware release http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s802/beelink/firmware-roms-tools/545380-here-new-firmware-115k4-of-beelink-s82

If it was two years ago, I doubt it's the 2GB version, but may be.
    Make sure you use the correct one, that forum that 5500 linked to will have most of them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,627 ✭✭✭bren2001

Allyall wrote: »
    If it was two years ago, I doubt it's the 2GB version, but may be.
    Make sure you use the correct one, that forum that 5500 linked to will have most of them anyway.
    5500 wrote: »

Cheers, found what I was looking for there. Got it sorted now.

I saw this, it's for preorder. I'm guessing it will go back up to whatever price and then maybe hover around €45 - €55 for a while.
    Anyway - Tanix /TX5 S905X
    1GB/8GB version - €27.77
    2GB/8GB version - €36.10
    2GB/16GB version - €43.51

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭dots104

Allyall wrote: »
    I saw this, it's for preorder. I'm guessing it will go back up to whatever price and then maybe hover around €45 - €55 for a while.
    Anyway - Tanix /TX5 S905X
    1GB/8GB version - €27.77
    2GB/8GB version - €36.10
    2GB/16GB version - €43.51

That looks very good. I assume you would get stung from customs with this order though?

dots104 wrote: »
    That looks very good. I assume you would get stung from customs with this order though?
    Anything over €22 takes a hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Ive one of these on the way from amazon...
    Specs look good,has anyone any experience of this make?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01GV8KH2K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

leemaree wrote: »

They're both overpriced compared to buying off ebay/amazon/Aliexpress or some of the chinese resellers. For example, I bought my Minix Neo x8h+ from china for €124 in nov 2014, that price included the wireless mouse and keyboard A2. My box is two generations newer, has double the Ram, double the ROM and a better processor and it was only €5 dearer nearly two years ago.

However having said that, I'd be going for the Minix, purely because my experience with them is pretty good, and I've no experience of Zoomtech.

But as I said, thats a horrible price for 2012/2013 tech.

They're both overpriced compared to buying off ebay/amazon/Aliexpress or some of the chinese resellers. For example, I bought my Minix Neo x8h+ from china for €124 in nov 2014, that price included the wireless mouse and keyboard A2. My box is two generations newer, has double the Ram, double the ROM and a better processor and it was only €5 dearer nearly two years ago.

However having said that, I'd be going for the Minix, purely because my experience with them is pretty good, and I've no experience of Zoomtech.

+1.

Both those are boxes are overpriced and out of date, I couldn't recommend the new Minix boxes highly enough - wouldn't look at any other ones!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Just curious did you get caught for customs on the minix neo?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Hoping someone can answer my 2 very basic qs. I've read through quite a few pages but still can't find the answers.

What channels can you get with those Android boxes?

And what's the best one for a reasonable price?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Invincible

THFC wrote: »
    Hoping someone can answer my 2 very basic qs. I've read through quite a few pages but still can't find the answers.

What channels can you get with those Android boxes?

And what's the best one for a reasonable price?

Thanks.

You'll get a Tronsmart MX3 Plus 2GB/8GB on Amazon for £53.99, good box, I've the non plus version, no fault with it. They're good for returns in the event there's any problem.
    We can't discuss channels here, but google Kodi or look up on YouTube.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

crazygeryy wrote: »
    Just curious did you get caught for customs on the minix neo?

Yes I did, the minix and the A2 were sent in 2 separate packages, so the A2 was vat free, being below he €22 threshold, the net price of the X8H + was in around €105 euro at that time, that included a decent discount I wheedled out of the vendor, and also reflected the dollar/eur exchange rate which was pretty good then (nov 2014).Customs wrote to me and I provided them with a screen grab of the order from the Vendors site, however customs sent me a mail back saying they valued the package at €79, so I'd to pay 23% of that plus €7 handling.

I'm not sure why the latter happened, but I wasnt complaining.

I recently bought the Beelink Mini MXIII, and although thats only €30 I still got done. I'd imagine once they see "tv box" on the descriptor on the package, they automatically contact you, similarly with "Phone" etc.

Advertisement