Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Horace Cope

Yes, this S912 chip and the Mali 820 GPU make this very very tempting.

I checked R-Box's website and they don't even list it as coming which is weird
    "rboxtv.com"

Their existing R-Box TV which is old at this stage, is about USD 300!!

All a bit weird...so I'm hesitating....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I see Geekbuying have a box for sale with the Amlogic S912 chipset, also comes with Android Marshmallow and 3Gb of RAM.

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/R-BOX-Pro-Amlogic-S912-Android-6-0-Marshmallow-4K-60FPS-3G-16G-TV-BOX-370722.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=EDM&utm_content=&utm_campaign=DMWEB_Holiday_20160804

I'm tempted...........

There's one popped up on Gearbest. These all are pre sale or Notice, so it will probably take some time before they are shipped.

Hopefully some more will be showing up soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Can anyone recommend a cheap dongle (PC on a stick) ? Want something small and portable for travelling.
    I've a miracast dongle but its a bit hit and miss for casting from a tablet

MK808b+ from ebay/amazon/Chinese superstores

Android if you want it.
    Libreelec if just media centre you're after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

MK808b+ from ebay/amazon/Chinese superstores

Android if you want it.
    Libreelec if just media centre you're after.

Anywhere I can get one before the end of August ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

I was wondering can u get a box with just channels only, NO KODI, JUST TV CHANNELS?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,440 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

leemaree wrote: »
    I was wondering can u get a box with just channels only, NO KODI, JUST TV CHANNELS?

yup, but cant be discussed here unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

Wanderer78 wrote: »

OK sorry. Will U PM me?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭s8n

Wanderer78 wrote: »

Can you PM me also please (same question)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

would mxq pro be suitable to run kodi for the parents. They mainly just watch tv shows and the odd movie. I see one on sale for €40 on adverts.

More than capable. Kodi has quite low requirements

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭BandMember

would mxq pro be suitable to run kodi for the parents. They mainly just watch tv shows and the odd movie. Would like to get ****** too for the odd 'sports' games. I see one on sale for €40 on adverts.

As has been mentioned a million times, please do not name various add ons or else the thread will be closed.

leemaree wrote: »

No, it has no tuners - well from the photos it has none. (That's what I was looking for also)

So without built-in tuners, you must connect an external dvb-s or dvb-t tuner, and pick up the channels through that device.

Alternatively without tuners (internal or otherwise) - you need to stream the channels over the internet. Kodi is one piece of software that can decode internet streams but there are others. Either way, you're at the mercy of streaming which can depend greatly on the bandwidth of the people uploading the stream

WeTek play has tuners

• Registered Users Posts: 16,774 ✭✭✭✭dahat

On the hunt for a new box folks as my M8 won't play h265 files.

I'd like something that i can put Open Elec on preferably, suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Invincible

dahat wrote: »

I'd like something that i can put Open Elec on preferably, suggestions?

Tronsmart MXIII

Invincible wrote: »
    Tronsmart MXIII

What version of Kodi is available for it on OE?

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

Have you tried using VLC ? They play fine on my MXIII - even though the Amlogic S802 is 4K but not H265 capable natively.

styron wrote: »
    Have you tried using VLC ? They play fine on my MXIII - even though the Amlogic S802 is 4K but not H265 capable natively.

The box is running Open Elec so VLC wasn't an option before, reluctant to flash back to Android really.

• Advertisement

What version of Kodi is available for it on OE?

Haven't tried OE on it, but its H.265 capable.
    Maybe have a look on Freaktab, bound to be something there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

Is there any reason the Nvidia Shield TV is sold out everywhere? Is there a supply shortage?

Also what is with that 4ife 4k box D.I.D. and others sell? Is it any good? Literally no reviews anywhere that I've found.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Is there any reason the Nvidia Shield TV is sold out everywhere? Is there a supply shortage?

Also what is with that 4ife 4k box D.I.D. and others sell? Is it any good? Literally no reviews anywhere that I've found.

The Shield seems to be in stock in the usual places......Amazon UK and a few

other places.Nvidia are currently out of stock,but that usually changes quickly.

Regarding the 4ife 4k box I don't know about it,I've seen them but wouldn't be something I'd consider.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭tramoreman77

Does anyone think this would be a box that would work okay
    X96, T95X performance is same as MXQpro, but X96, T95X use latest Android 6.0 OS and latest chip Amlogic S905X.
    Configuration: 1GB Ram, 8GB Rom, 2.4Ghz wifi (customized 2GB Rom, 16GB Rom, 5Ghz wifi is ok!)

The shield seems like a great device but as a value propitiation its still giving me pause.

A 16GB Nvidia Shield TV from Amazon with a remote costs about €250 depending on what the pound is doing that day. Currently a Minix Neo U1 from amazon with airmouse costs €137,73. Thats a heck of a difference.

Does anyone have any experience with the HiMedia Q10 Pro? Its image processing seems impressive. I've seen nothing like it on any android box including the shield.

Does anyone think this would be a box that would work okay
    X96, T95X performance is same as MXQpro, but X96, T95X use latest Android 6.0 OS and latest chip Amlogic S905X.
    Configuration: 1GB Ram, 8GB Rom, 2.4Ghz wifi (customized 2GB Rom, 16GB Rom, 5Ghz wifi is ok!)

Both of which have a Mali 450 GPU...
    hometheatrelife.com/sunvell-t95x-android-6-0-tv-box-features-amlogic-s905x/
    androidtvbox-kodi.ie/shop/2016-x96-android-tv-box-fullyloaded/
    It's 2016, minimum GPU should be Mali 820

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

My Minix Neo 8-H Plus that I got from Adverts is after giving up the ghost.
    Well, the wireless part of it anyway.

Like it turns on and works for the most part, but the actual internet part of it is broken. I can connect fine with Ethernet, but there's no Wifi or bluetooth. They just won't enable, even in the stock Android settings. It's probably a fault with the motherboard. Raging!

Tried another wifi antenna as well and no change. I even tried the wifi antenna on another wifi dongle I have and its working fine so its not the antenna. Maybe there's a burst capacitor or a short or something on the motherboard. Me hole am I gonna open it up and start tinkering though.
    Actually, a few more cans in me and I might!! :P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭Nollog

What launchers are ye using?

Mine came with lighthome and lacks customisation.
    Been trying square home ugooo or something and some others.
    Would love to try some of your favourites.

• Advertisement

Advertisement